TV licence

Jambo-Chappy

The People's Chimp

Paying for the privilege of having their liberal, middle class agenda rammed down my throat.

Just wonderful.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

:rofl:

Paying for the privilege of having their liberal, middle class agenda rammed down my throat.

Just wonderful.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Off topic maybe but why should the middle classes - a massive part of the population percentage-wise - not have their own voice ?

Give me BBC4, 6Music, Radio2, Radio 5, the myriad of knowledgable and engaging presenters etc etc any day of the week.

What a messed up viewpoint. I've never read so much pish in my life! Apart from the ridiculousness of you thinking you pay for Sky that you don't subscribe to, no company is going to raise their advertising budget just to get an advert on the BBC. They would surely just use their existing budget and spend money there that they would've used elsewhere.

Commercial television is paid for by advertising. Advertising is paid for by companies that pass costs onto consumers.

"They would surely...." In other words you suppose they would.

Commercial television is paid for by advertising. Advertising is paid for by companies that pass costs onto consumers.

"They would surely...." In other words you suppose they would.

With that viewpoint you're also paying for John the lorry drivers hooker as he's being paid to transport the goods you buy. Don't forget Martha that does the paperwork in the docks and the double time that Sam the freight train driver gets on his rest day. Then there's the money you contribute towards the AA because you spent a night in a guest house that just happened to have paid to have an entry in one of its guide books.

Where does it end? As they say, 'you get what you pay for'. You don't pay for John's hooker so you don't get a happy ending and you don't get Sky because........ You guessed it, because you don't pay for it.

For all the Strictly crap, I'd pay ?12 a month for BBC4, Scotland away games and the wildlife docs.

Plus, the Mail, Express and Telegraph hate it, which is good enough reason for me to support it.

Archived