Great Escape tune is it time yet?

Ianbairdhuggedme

Ianbairdhuggedme

When we score against St Mirren on Saturday and are beating them, surely it is time to start singing the great Escape tune!!

The whole stadium singing and bouncing to it would be quite special.

When we score against St Mirren on Saturday and are beating them, surely it is time to start singing the great Escape tune!!

bit early for that bud

Absolutely not.

MacDonald Jardine

When we are mathematically safe then we should give it a blast. Only the one game though it's a bit Hunnish

Wondered who would be the first to say that.

It was being sung in the Cheiftain before the Inverness game. If sung continually, it's a great song for atmosphere, a bit like the Danny Wilson one it goes on and on. Might be a bit early but if it creates a good atmosphere maybe not?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Song police have spoken. There will be no fun at matches. No songs sung. No witty banter with mates, players, officials or any other 3rd parties.

Sit with your hands in your lap and if you have to make any noise, then let it be the usual old man groan at a referees poor decision making. Don't dare enjoy the match. Do not pass go, do not collect your ?200. Do not go to support your team. Go to be a miserable welt that makes it a hobo-esque experience for those around you. If you see someone starting a song, refer them to the doctrine of song police rules. If they continue to do so report them to a member of the song police who will usher quiet around said person, isolating the incident and making it easier for them to deal with. Again... The song police have spoken.

What a convoluted way to make a shite point.

Guest C00l K1d

Song police have spoken. There will be no fun at matches. No songs sung. No witty banter with mates, players, officials or any other 3rd parties.

Sit with your hands in your lap and if you have to make any noise, then let it be the usual old man groan at a referees poor decision making. Don't dare enjoy the match. Do not pass go, do not collect your ?200. Do not go to support your team. Go to be a miserable welt that makes it a hobo-esque experience for those around you. If you see someone starting a song, refer them to the doctrine of song police rules. If they continue to do so report them to a member of the song police who will usher quiet around said person, isolating the incident and making it easier for them to deal with. Again... The song police have spoken.

Just probably no best to sing about avoiding relegation when we've no even hit 0 points yet though eh?

This member has made himself known as a member of the song police. If you need to have anyone come up with a witty retort to one of these "hooligans" what dare to sing at football matches then approach this man.

:uhoh2:

:olly:

The sad thing is I've not been drinking. Just caffeinated to the moon tbh. Hence the length of post I used to make my "shite point". If you want to carry on in library style conservative boring silence at the football then that's your poison :thumbsup:

There's a wee bit of a leap from discouraging the singing of premature triumphalist, self-aggrandising music - which the majority of posters are advocating on this thread - to your Orwellian hyperbolic concept of 'noise police' wouldn't you say?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: the caffeines wearing off and I'm going assume the writer George Orwell is what you're referring too?

The problem for me, is that this is the only song I've heard at Tynecastle that was sung with gusto by the majority of the Wheatfield. Almost everyone knew it, so almost everyone joined in. Made a good atmosphere and then made the other songs seem less run-of-mill-we're-chanting-this-because-it-has-to-be-chanted.

I'm going to put the coca-cola down now.

And at that, it is a goodnight from me. It is well past my bedtime.

Escaped relegation already ? I must have missed the season....Maybe in May...

It would be an appropriate song were we to get above them but I don't want to give ammo to the fans who call us mini Huns, so for that reason I'm out.

I won't criticise fellow fans if they do choose to sing it but won't join in.

It should be quite easy to create an atmosphere without borrowing from the zombies.

If anything I'm all for singing and getting mixed up in the pandemonium that ensues after Hearts score. Unfortunately some people are just no fun. The song police. Just don't offend them or they'll use their special weapon (The Fist of Gorgie) to clamp down on any unwarranted behaviours.

:cornette:

Matthew Le Tissier

Every team in England that spend all season at the bottem then just escape play it. Wigan, Saints, West Brom have all used it. Using the rangers link is lazy

Its not hunnish it would be hunnish if we then started singing about an unexplainable hatred for catholics, and proceeded to demand to wear orange sashes and march (not sure why, but those darn irish catholics don't like it!!!!*)

*Just for the record Im Joking, singing about your unfounded hatred of another sect of society is pathetic which is why I am mocking the Neanderthals in the sevco support which will try and defend this type of behavior as acceptable

But in all seriousness, at which point have oldco or newco used it ? As oldco they were never relegated so had no cause to use it, even when they went bust there would still be no reason to play it. Maybe in reference to swindling the taxman out of a fair price for ibrox and murray park? And as Newco there would be no reason to they have bought the 3rd division for like ?22m so thats hardly an escape :D, does kind of show you how good a manager fat sally is though eh, ?22m to beat part timers... deary me!

Manager of the month aye?

Wouldn't have an issue with it tbh, if we are winning on Saturday anything we sing that gets into the heads of the St Mirren players and has them worrying about us catching them is a good thing!

Seriously weres the problem in singing that ? Some people maybe need to chill out a bit..??

The problem is that we are still firmly rooted to the bottom of the table with negative points, and suggestions that we start singing songs celebrating our great escape from relegation at this stage of the season are ridiculous to the point that they are bordering on insane.

MacDonald Jardine

The problem is that we are still firmly rooted to the bottom of the table with negative points, and suggestions that we start singing songs celebrating our great escape from relegation at this stage of the season are ridiculous to the point that they are bordering on insane.

Don't disagree with that.

Better stop the danny wilson song then eh ?? 15 point deduction but the hearts are staying up....is that how part of that song goes ? The great escape tune is fun/banter.....it creates atmosphere......always a problem, if its not a song its a flag.......makes you wonder if yous guys went to games in the 80's ??

Bowmans_Boot

Better stop the danny wilson song then eh ?? 15 point deduction but the hearts are staying up....is that how part of that song goes ? The great escape tune is fun/banter.....it creates atmosphere......always a problem, if its not a song its a flag.......makes you wonder if yous guys went to games in the 80's ??

This - songs are meant to generate atmosphere, togetherness and support for the team. This would do that, in my opinion.

Archived