Scotty Robinson

Hot since 86

I was surprised not to see a topic about the wee man so thought I would start a thread to congratulate one of our young midfielders who has come in for a bit of stick over the past few months (possibly justifiable stick as well).

I thought for the 90 minutes he was on the park he was our best player, back to the all energy busy midfielder he was when he broke into the first team.

This boy will grow into a very importnat player for the club and as one of the more experience players deserves the full backing from the stands.

Well done wee man, keep it up!

I was in the don`t know if he is going to make it with Hearts camp, but have well untruly converted now, not his best game last night, but has had a excellent start to the season, and will become an important player for us this season, well done wee man keep up the good work-rate, would love to see him score :pleased:

I felt he was ok last night.

If he cuts out the Mikey Stewart World Cup passing attempts he would be even better.

One of his poorer performances last night, for me.

Passing of all ranges is shaky. Love his attitude and work rate though. Plays for the jersey.

Jambo, Goodbye

He was miles better than Hamill last night. He's the type always looking to improve. Hope he continues to do what he's doing well this Saturday.

I was surprised not to see a topic about the wee man so thought I would start a thread to congratulate one of our young midfielders who has come in for a bit of stick over the past few months (possibly justifiable stick as well).

I thought for the 90 minutes he was on the park he was our best player, back to the all energy busy midfielder he was when he broke into the first team.

This boy will grow into a very importnat player for the club and as one of the more experience players deserves the full backing from the stands.

Well done wee man, keep it up!

Thought he was excellent at Dingwall. Kept possession, brought others into the game, created space. Better than Holt on that day imo and he's a cracking player too.

People criticising wouldn't know a footballer if he kicked them in the backside. And trust me they'll be in this thread pretty soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Alwaysinourshadows

Don't really notice him when he plays tbh. Doesn't create any chances or score any goals and can't pass. I'd drop him for tapping on Saturday.

Very underrated by a lot of Hearts fans, head and shoulders above Hamill last night. In fact only MacDonald, McHattie, Wilson, Robinson, Holt and Oliver got pass marks for me last night. Thought McGowan, McKay, Hamill, Paterson and Walker were well short of what's required. You can have 2 or 3 off form maybe but 5 players playing poorly is going to make things hard and that's how it turned out. Things briefly improved when McGhee and King came on but not for long. However, as I've said elsewhere, being in the draw for the 1/4s is all that counts. Bring on the Hibees!!!

bigsuperslim1874

Robinson was head and shoulders above Hamill last nite and was surprised he was hooked. Glad he is winning over the naysayers.

Don't really notice him when he plays tbh. Doesn't create any chances or score any goals and can't pass. I'd drop him for tapping on Saturday.

Snap. Has no influence on games for the type of player he's meant to be.

I think he's got brilliant potential. I reckon it will take him until he's 27-28 to realise the potential.

He could be a Paul Hartley - his problem is 50% of his passes are the wrong decision, but the other 50% are excellent and disciplined. Just needs to rein it in.

Tackles can be a bit wild too, but he is very small and needs to compete so I understand that.

I didn't think he had his greatest game to be honest. Hardly saw him in the second half and far too many over hit quarter back passes. He's had better games this season.

Don't rate him I'm afraid. I know we don't exactly have the luxury of a big or experienced squad but surprised he got offered a new deal.

Suspect he will be in the first division within 2 years tbh.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Been one of our best players this season. Wasn't a great team performance but Robinson played well before being subbed, someone had to be sacrificed for Carrick.

I think some folk maybe have expectations of him to be our creative spark, that's not his game. Him and Hamill are forming a good partnership in the middle of the park and along with Holt it's the strongest part of our team.

Diadora Van Basten

Hamill and Robinson's looked like they were playing with skates on last night.

I am always amazed at how different people opinions are after watching the same game.

I think he's got brilliant potential. I reckon it will take him until he's 27-28 to realise the potential.

He could be a Paul Hartley - his problem is 50% of his passes are the wrong decision, but the other 50% are excellent and disciplined. Just needs to rein it in.

Tackles can be a bit wild too, but he is very small and needs to compete so I understand that.

I would love that to be right. I think a lot of people waxing lyrical over him see the Scott Robinson that they want to see, and not necessarily the player in front of them.

I'm quite open minded, giving Scott Robinson his dues he's changed what would have been my initial opinion of him. The fact he looks like he's taking more responsibility in the team is testament to the leaps and bounds he has came on.

There's a player there, but he needs to start having more influence on games in my opinion. I'd like to try Tapping there if he doesn't.

Robinson is the kind of tenacious player that you only notice/appreciate when he isn't in the team. His workrate is incredible, he is often the first midfielder challenging for a second ball when we're defending our own box or at the edge of the oppositions box.

I've been very impressed with him this season, and while last night wasn't his best game, him and Holty were miles better than Jamie Hamil.

Most midfielders seem to have some supporters who just don't see/get what they bring to the team.

I remember Garry McKay dividing opinion when still a player.

As for one supporter seeing the game/player differently from another a lot of that might be to do with where each one sits and the different view that gives you of the match.

Sitting higher up in one stand gives a totally different perspective to sitting pitch side in the same or another stand, and a different perspective to what a player can see on the pitch.

so maybe that pass or shot that you see is obvious can't be seen by the player on the pitch.

Just shows how we all see games differently,not criticising but didn't think he had one of his better games last night. After watching Tappings performance as sub against Aberdeen cant believe he hasn't been given another starting opportunity. Worrying thing for me last night however was Hamill seemed to be having problems with a hamstring.

He had his poorest game for us at home this season I thought.

But in saying that I still thought he was our better midfielder. Hammil had a shocker of a game and was scratching my head as to why it wasn't he who was hooked for Carrick.

Robinson does his job really well, pressure the opposition, win the ball, break up their play and move it on quickly and easily. Hammil when tasked with that alongside Holt was constantly slowing the game down and could barely get a pass right.

He had his poorest game for us at home this season I thought.

But in saying that I still thought he was our better midfielder. Hammil had a shocker of a game and was scratching my head as to why it wasn't he who was hooked for Carrick.

Robinson does his job really well, pressure the opposition, win the ball, break up their play and move it on quickly and easily. Hammil when tasked with that alongside Holt was constantly slowing the game down and could barely get a pass right.

Aye, he was pish. Created the third goal and played a great pass for the penalty.

Thought he was very good last night and has been our best player this season.

I suspect if you asked Gary Locke he would be hugely appreciative of the role Robinson is playing. His workrate is enormous and his game never showy. Vital part of the side.

I would love that to be right. I think a lot of people waxing lyrical over him see the Scott Robinson that they want to see, and not necessarily the player in front of them.

I couldn't agree more with this comment. I think he has improved and become a different kind of player this season but he was very poor last night, having almost no influence on the first half bar one good ball into the box and one sharp turn and in the second half putting us under pressure with some poor passing. I would like to see him more involved in the play. With Holt and Robinson quiet last night there is too much onus on Hamill to run things.

Aye, he was pish. Created the third goal and played a great pass for the penalty.

Thought hamill wasn't that good either, slipped a couple of times, knocked the ball in front of the Qos boy who could have scored

I couldn't agree more with this comment. I think he has improved and become a different kind of player this season but he was very poor last night, having almost no influence on the first half bar one good ball into the box and one sharp turn and in the second half putting us under pressure with some poor passing. I would like to see him more involved in the play. With Holt and Robinson quiet last night there is too much onus on Hamill to run things.

What about the destructive role though? Are people ignoring his workrate in protecting the defence?

You're right, his squaffed shot set Wilson tap in up and it was a great pass but a dubious penalty decision.

He was overall poor. Lost possession for us with bad touches and poor passes and even set one of their players up for him to be saved by the blootering it over the bar.

Was a bad night for a lot of our team. Robinson was one who barely achieved pass marks as well.

Thought he was poor last night and his passing needs to improve big time. However I have been impressed by his efforts and attitude this season so far, and he does

indeed play for the badge.

What about the destructive role though? Are people ignoring his workrate in protecting the defence?

Our defence certainly could have done with a lot more protection than it had last night - we leaked possession constantly in midfield and put the defence under extreme pressure. A player like Robinson needs to be a lot more careful with his distribution so that the opposition doesn't just come straight back at us time and time again. And the thing is he doesn't necessarily strike me as having a great work-rate. There were times in the first half last night with Hearts on the attack when he was lying almost as deep as our central defenders when he could have been much further forward influencing play.

As I say, he's a better player this season but I hope there is much more to come.

Scott_HMFC1874

He was always looking to bring the ball down last night when everyone was having a game of head tennis. Done alright, nothing spectacular but none of the team were beyond alright last night bar imo, Billy King when he came on.

Robinson is a good player and I reckon as the season goes on we'll see a lot more from him

Just shows how we all see games differently,not criticising but didn't think he had one of his better games last night. After watching Tappings performance as sub against Aberdeen cant believe he hasn't been given another starting opportunity. Worrying thing for me last night however was Hamill seemed to be having problems with a hamstring.

You are absolutely correct about Tapping's contribution to the Aberdeen game: a superb cameo. Yet despite a poor run of subsequent results the young man scarcely gets a look-in and last night was, I think, our only unused outfield substitute against moderate opposition who were dominating possession and territory for long spells. Locke must have his reasons and these are potentially concerning one way or another.

jambos are go!

The guy who wore no 4 in midfield for QOTS last night would be a good acquisition for us. Best player on the Park IMO.

Kevin Dzierzawski an American and only 22

Last night was another chance to show what he can do - another opportunity missed. He works very hard and tries to make himself available to team-mates. He may be a late developer - like Hartley - but he has VERY rarely shown why he was considered to have such great potential.

Time to give Tapping a chance.

Last night was another chance to show what he can do - another opportunity missed. He works very hard and tries to make himself available to team-mates. He may be a late developer - like Hartley - but he has VERY rarely shown why he was considered to have such great potential.

Time to give Tapping a chance.

Late developer, yea could be, how old is he now?

28?

26?

24?

No, twenty flippin' one!

:facepalm:

I'm of the opinion that it was certainly one of his better games lately, but we need to see that a lot more from him.

No disrespect to Queen of the South, but I wouldn't read into a first team regulars good performance against a lower league side too much.

Late developer, yea could be, how old is he now?

28?

26?

24?

No, twenty flippin' one!

:facepalm:

Didn't even realise myself that he was still only 21! Almost 6 years since his first team debut though so feels like he's been around ages.

To be honest though, late developer is hopefully what he is because I don't think he's improved an awful lot as a footballer over the years.

He's been good this season. Does the simple stuff well and allows the likes of King and Holt to play.

Quiet but effective for me. Boy a few rows behind me couldn't wait to get on his and McGowans back. Welt.

I thought he started well but our midfield was pretty poor all night, especially defensively. Can't fault his workrate.

bigsuperslim1874

I'm of the opinion that it was certainly one of his better games lately, but we need to see that a lot more from him.

No disrespect to Queen of the South, but I wouldn't read into a first team regulars good performance against a lower league side too much.

QofS are better than the likes of St Mirren and Killie IMO. Decent outfit - i think mainly due to the fact that they have had the same team for almost 3 years? Even compared to their league compadres Raith, Queens were far superior.

They gave us a bit of a doing in pre-season by all accounts so great to get a win last night.

Archived