McCann to Falkirk?

JamboLad

I've heard that McCann is joining falkirk along with Jackie Macnamara, anyone know if this is true?

RockyBalboa
I've heard that McCann is joining falkirk along with Jackie Macnamara, anyone know if this is true?

Jackie Mac is joining Falkirk as far as I know. :cool:

Hopefully it is true.

I may be reading a bit too much into things but this could mean Frail is not getting the job as if he was I reckon he would have got McCann on the coaching staff.

Charlie-Brown

Unless he's taking a massive pay cut to continue playing in the SPL then he'd be better taking a coaching job at Hearts - don't know where Falkirk are supposed to be getting money for MacNamara & McCann as a Falkirk fan in the work says their strapped for cash & even lost out on Jack Ross to St Mirren who offered more than the Bairns were.

Hopefully it is true.

I may be reading a bit too much into things but this could mean Frail is not getting the job as if he was I reckon he would have got McCann on the coaching staff.

Mate, from what I've heard from the young lads at the club that have played at reserve level, this is bad news. From their early impression they were raving about the coaching qualities of McCann. For that reason and that reason alone I hope we keep him on the staff otherwise I think we could lose out in the long term.

Considering I never heard them rave about Frail in this way... McCann for manager? ;)

funktasticlad

Austin McCann maybe? Doubt Falkirk could afford Neils appearence fee let alone his basic weekly wage. Hopefuly keep Neil McCann on the coaching staff if what ForresterJambo's saying is true.

Ray Winstone

I thought John Hughes only played "young Scottish boys" because it was good for Scottish football?

CornhillHearts

McCann and Judas Pressley are in cahoots as regards business, should a first division job come up watch them jump.

RockyBalboa
McCann and Judas Pressley are in cahoots as regards business, should a first division job come up watch them jump.

What about Frail? I was kind of thinkin Pressley might get a gig in the 1st division taking Frail with him as number two maybe? At Livingston or somewhere?

Also if Frail isn't getting the job why is he not putting himself in the frame for other positions? Dick Campbell just got the only vacant position in Scotland on Weds I thought Frail might be in for it if he is going to be bumped in the summer.

This would be a remarkable change of policy from Hughes and Falkirk.

They have done really well in getting young players from Arsenal and the likes in the past so I can't really see them suddenly signing over 30's - at least not in a playing capacity. Also Latapy will be moving into a coaching role with Falkirk soon as well which is another reason I can't see it happening.

Been proved wrong in the past likes.

PS - any rumours about the Livvy job coming up soon? Heard that Proctor might be joining West Brom now they have been promoted...

Would be happy to see McCann move on from Hearts. What an abysmal signing he has been this time around.

RockyBalboa

They have done really well in getting young players from Arsenal and the likes in the past so I can't really see them suddenly signing over 30's - at least not in a playing capacity. Also Latapy will be moving into a coaching role with Falkirk soon as well which is another reason I can't see it happening.

PS - any rumours about the Livvy job coming up soon? Heard that Proctor might be joining West Brom now they have been promoted...

MP's definately staying with Livingston.

There was some gadge going to buy 50% of Livy but it fell through because Pearse Flynn wanted to keep Proctor and the guy buying wanted to bring in Roddy Collins (that Irish guy who managed Carslile). SO I couldn't see him leaving after that. Also he has brought on a lot of decent youngsters and got them playing good football. All this whilst not being allowed to make any signings due to the ban that's just been lifted.

Mate, from what I've heard from the young lads at the club that have played at reserve level, this is bad news. From their early impression they were raving about the coaching qualities of McCann. For that reason and that reason alone I hope we keep him on the staff otherwise I think we could lose out in the long term.

Considering I never heard them rave about Frail in this way... McCann for manager? ;)

Good news. I would like to see McCann stay on. I think his days as a footballer are past, but he is the sort of man I would like to see given a coaching chance.

I'm just looking at it from the perspective that it means Frail could leave. I would happily sacrifice McCann for that to happen.

I'm just looking at it from the perspective that it means Frail could leave. I would happily sacrifice McCann for that to happen.

You'd be willing to sacrifice your right arm for that :laugh:

You'd be willing to sacrifice your right arm for that :laugh:

As long as could beat him with it first. :cool:

Frail Out!!!

Colonel Kurtz

Would be a geat coaching partnership at Riccarton,much better than other ex players who have been trying for a job.

CornhillHearts

Not sure what you mean there, but it would not matter what coach ends up at Riccarton, he would still have a hell of a job turning the lodger back into a football player.

jambojim52
Would be happy to see McCann move on from Hearts. What an abysmal signing he has been this time around.

Feel sorry for McCann, returning to a club were he was a hero, being injured early on his return, and never finding the touch, when he did get the chance.

Never go back they say, and it's proved right in the case.

Coaching role if offered, should be snapped up asap.

Colonel Kurtz
Not sure what you mean there, but it would not matter what coach ends up at Riccarton, he would still have a hell of a job turning the lodger back into a football player.

Thanks for your opinion,it will be given the value your vast experience of coaching deserves.

Your a bit out of date as well,but another of "my lodgers" could play today at some time.

I was referring to the unsightly campaign to undermine John Murray coming from various hingers oan ,in an attempt to promote their man for the job.

I am glad it failed.

Terry will make a great reserve team coach

You refer to Elvis as a Judas,believe me there are others who have taken more pieces of silver for a lot longer time.

portobellojambo1

I would agree in relation to performances produced on field Coco, I think it was possibly inevitable that what he produced on coming back would be compared with what he produced prior to leaving, and it was never going to reach those levels again. Age and general wear and tear means a 30+ year old winger is never going to be able to reproduce what he could do when playing at his peak in the same position.

Cannot really comment on his abilities as a coach/youth coach, as I have never witnessed him performing those tasks.

Patrick Bateman

People have to remember that McCann was crippled on his debut at Kilmarnock. For the first 23 minutes or so, he managed to show that he still had a burst of pace and could whip in crosses until he was clattered by some thug. The Kilmarnock fans jeered McCann off too.

Fat Striker
People have to remember that McCann was crippled on his debut at Kilmarnock. For the first 23 minutes or so, he managed to show that he still had a burst of pace and could whip in crosses until he was clattered by some thug. The Kilmarnock fans jeered McCann off too.

That's very true, he still looked a player up until that tackle.

He could have been a significant player for us but for that essentially career ending horror tackle.

We'll never know...

plastic_bas

I agree fully with the last two comments. I was at Killie and he was the only player we had that day until the injury. He had them on toast although Killie were playing a centre half at right back.

We were guaranteed to win until the injury there after we had no ideas.

too many people too keen to join in slamming players. Terry has had 2 serious injuries which some of our overseas players would never have played again. If he can inject enthusiasm, skill and most importantly heart into the youngsters then get him signed up as a coach.

rudi must stay

i agree, from those 23 mins i thought he'd be a great signing. Too many injuries though and he must be on a fair wage too maybe it's time for him to move on..

CornhillHearts

CK I will stick to my thoughts re Elvis as I can think for myself.

Nobody to my knowledge is trying to undermine John Murray, indeed I am quite happy at what goes on at academy and being a member of gym at Riccarton I see a lot of hearts youths, they play Dunfy Under 15s and 17s at Riccarton tomorrow, if you can go let me know what you think, I am working so cannot go.

I do agree with IMac but; up the medication as you are becoming slightly delusional.

I would agree in relation to performances produced on field Coco, I think it was possibly inevitable that what he produced on coming back would be compared with what he produced prior to leaving, and it was never going to reach those levels again. Age and general wear and tear means a 30+ year old winger is never going to be able to reproduce what he could do when playing at his peak in the same position.

Cannot really comment on his abilities as a coach/youth coach, as I have never witnessed him performing those tasks.

The other factor is that he has probably taken at least a million pounds out of Hearts this time around.

Colonel Kurtz

Nobody to my knowledge is trying to undermine John Murray, indeed I am quite happy at what goes on at academy and being a member of gym at Riccarton I see a lot of hearts youths, they play Dunfy Under 15s and 17s at Riccarton tomorrow, if you can go let me know what you think, I am working so cannot go.

I do agree with IMac but; up the medication as you are becoming slightly delusional.

I will be at Robbies testemonial with 10,000 plus others,as theres a free bar i will up my medication.

The words"to your knowledge" are perhaps crucial

Will also pass your regards on to "Judas " tomorrow night,although in my view comparing him to another apostle ,Paul ,would be more appropriate

davemclaren
I turned down the free bar as felt it was not appropriate-enjoy.

A free bar not appropriate.... :eek:

Raymond K?ruzor?

McCann was at the front of the dugout in the last reserve game of the season against Rangers. Seemed to know what he was doing and get a response from the players.

Nice little tete-a-tete with the linesman at one point too. Think he would be a decent addition to the coaching staff

For the record, it was David Lilley, a wee pube haired nonentity.

Sums those feckers up.

Of course he signs over 30s - you mention Latapy finally giving up, you cannot replace his influence with an 18yr old laddie on loan from Arsenal, they need a couple mature players around them to help them develop. It's not rocket science, and McAnn would do Latapy role well

The other factor is that he has probably taken at least a million pounds out of Hearts this time around.

I'm sure we sold him for much more than that first time around

Charlie-Brown

Anybody know when these games kick off?

MackaysCentreSpot

Spoke to Terry after the game yesterday and asked if he would be taking on a coaching role with the reserves and he said that his contract is up and he did not know what he was doing.

The guy that told me this is still pretyt sure it will happen along with Lee Bullen signing for them.

Clerry Jambo
The guy that told me this is still pretyt sure it will happen along with Lee Bullen signing for them.

OK JamboLad you are on a roll..............next Hearts Manager:rolleyes:

OK JamboLad you are on a roll..............next Hearts Manager:rolleyes:

MM ;)

Well done JamboLad out of the thousands of members, exclusives and "in the knowers" on JKB you join the 2 or 3 members who actually got something correct. ;)

jamboinglasgow
Just confirmed by Donkey, as well as Lee Bullen.

Nice one, JL.

yup well done JL, you are now a kb member 'in the know'

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Good luck Terry ........... :)

Didn't quite work out this time around but thanks for the brilliant memories .. :thumb:

Hope to see you back at Tynie as a coach or manager in the future.

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe i dont know the rules on transfers but is the scottish window open ,or is nelly been released?

Maybe i dont know the rules on transfers but is the scottish window open ,or is nelly been released?

They can do a deal now which will be concluded when the window opens. Nothing stopping clubs agreeing deals between windows. ;)

Archived