Time for Optimism?

Big Moysey

OK just about got over the disappointment of Saturday but we were 3 minutes away from a great result! Talking in the car on the way home I really am optimistic about what these youngsters can achieve going forward.

The one proviso still hanging about is the satisfactory resolution of our administration so assuming it gets resolved as we all hope then I believe we have a really bright future.

The experience being gained just now is invaluable with no other club (maybe Dundee united) trying out many youngsters. Each game they play together gives more invaluable experience.

I feared some thumpings and while that might still happen - so far we have competed well in the matches played.

Experiences like Saturday will teach the team that they must learn and not let it happen again. You could see how they were(like us) hurting badly.

We are starting to create more chances. We are starting to play some more exciting passing football.

We have a really skillful crop of youngsters with even more gradually getting bled into the team

We have some really first class players in the squad (look at the potential future internationalists)

Come the 1st of Feb we can add some experience to nurture the squad further

Our defence is learning and if we can keep it together will in a couple of years be really solid. We have approx 14 midfielders that have played for the 1st team. ( We do need some strikers!)

So assuming we can hold on to these starlets and come out of admin satisfactorily........ Can we challenge for the league in 2- 3 years time?

I think so.

Oh and please ditch these pesky flares!!!!!

OK just about got over the disappointment of Saturday but we were 3 minutes away from a great result! Talking in the car on the way home I really am optimistic about what these youngsters can achieve going forward.

The one proviso still hanging about is the satisfactory resolution of our administration so assuming it gets resolved as we all hope then I believe we have a really bright future.

The experience being gained just now is invaluable with no other club (maybe Dundee united) trying out many youngsters. Each game they play together gives more invaluable experience.

I feared some thumpings and while that might still happen - so far we have competed well in the matches played.

Experiences like Saturday will teach the team that they must learn and not let it happen again. You could see how they were(like us) hurting badly.

We are starting to create more chances. We are starting to play some more exciting passing football.

We have a really skillful crop of youngsters with even more gradually getting bled into the team

We have some really first class players in the squad (look at the potential future internationalists)

Our defence is learning and if we can keep it together will in a couple of years be really solid. We have approx 14 midfielders that have played for the 1st team. ( We do need some strikers!)

So assuming we can hold on to these starlets and come out of admin satisfactorily........ Can we challenge for the league in 2- 3 years time?

I think so.

Good post, but I can't see us challenging for the wage for a long time. The Rangers will be in the league, and then it will be business as usual with the Siamese Twins dictating everything.

With regards to the flares, whoever is responsible should have them rammed up their arse.

Franco Fascione

Always optimistic when we have a good crop of youngsters coming through. We just need a few more old heads on the pitch to guide them.

Plenty to be positive about.

You never know I suppose but when you see the finances that celtic in particular are able to fall back on, I doubt we'll see a non OF champion for some time yet

Arnold Rothstein

I think so.

Flares?? Do you mean a smoke bomb?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's a time for steely nerves and vociferous support from the stands, it's also time for the team to ensure this support is continued by grabbing back to back wins and geeing us all up a wee bit. It's not a time for folk to start shitting themselves and moaning at everyone who will listen until they too start acting all depressed and negative.

I don't buy into the Hibs "golden generation" pap - however they did have some very good youngsters come through at the same time. Some of whom have gone on to have decent careers - others have managed to rack up more court appearances than first team appearances.

Their problem was the Old Firm and so it came to pass - before they really achieved anything money talked and they hot tailed it along the M8.

We have a bigger problem than that - we now have any team from Div 1 to the EPL in England with the financial clout to basically rip the team apart, without giving any real thought to the lads careers - if they work out great if not well it doesn't really cost them that much and they're discarded.

What's vital for many reasons - but for the sake of keeping this team together is staying in the "premiership" if we go down, we'll be easy pickings for any club - at least if we stay up we have a bargaining point with the kids that they can continue to learn.

Keep them together and in the top league and they can go on to good things. Plus there seems to be no shortage of them either everyone of them that's pulled on the shirt for the first team has not looked out of place so fingers crossed !

Archived