Darren Potter

Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown

Has just been freed by Wolves.

This was a Romonov/Rix target from Liverpool a while back and lok a sign sealed & delivered (4 yr deal). He opted to go to Southampton on loan instead, ending up at Wolves for ?250k. Played a lot last season but not this. I am only letting you cause i'm bored.

Lochend Brazil

My mate had showed him around tynie at the time he was about to sign, unsure why he did not end at Hearts.

alwaysthereinspirit
Has just been freed by Wolves.

This was a Romonov/Rix target from Liverpool a while back and lok a sign sealed & delivered (4 yr deal). He opted to go to Southampton on loan instead, ending up at Wolves for ?250k. Played a lot last season but not this. I am only letting you cause i'm bored.

Released by Wolves so not that good I'd guess. If he was released due to chronic injury list then he was made for us.

Spoke to Phil Thompson at a hotel in London and he was pretty clear that Liverpool wouldnt do business again with hearts after the way we treated potter.. so pretty sure Potter wouldnt want any thing to do with us.

alwaysthereinspirit
Spoke to Phil Thompson at a hotel in London and he was pretty clear that Liverpool wouldnt do business again with hearts after the way we treated potter.. so pretty sure Potter wouldnt want any thing to do with us.

That's what Martin O'Neill says about Liverpool.

Tommy Brown

I need to learn to read (& type) more closely. He has only been put on the transfer list, maybe because of add-on clauses (i'm guessing) as his fee could rise to ?525k.

Others they want shot of are Kevin Kyle (Scottish international striker, :confused:)

and freddy "of hobo origin" Eastwood (thought he was meant to be good).

Tommy Brown

Interesting,this is worth a thread of it's own.

when we tried to sign Potter we also said we would sign his ex-liverpool mate from some unheard of amateur club.

After that we tried to sign a frenchman (can't remember his name)

and if this forum is to be believed SISSOKO:eek:

anymore info K

when we tried to sign Potter we also said we would sign his ex-liverpool mate from some unheard of amateur club.

anymore info K

The Sissoko story was reported in the Evening News before it was on here, apparently Romanov made enquiries as to his availability from Liverpool. I presume they told him to get to feck.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aye, Romanov went through a wee phase where he was desperate to land anyone with a connection to Liverpool.

In the end we were chasing some ex Liverpool player playing in a pub league!

Anyone know what happened to Potter that made Thomson so ****ed off?

Did we not try and sign Le Tallec from Liverpool last season or has he signed for another club?

Spellczech
Aye, Romanov went through a wee phase where he was desperate to land anyone with a connection to Liverpool.

In the end we were chasing some ex Liverpool player playing in a pub league!

Anyone know what happened to Potter that made Thomson so ****ed off?

Did we not try and sign Le Tallec from Liverpool last season or has he signed for another club?

Did Le Tallec not return to France?

The stories about the pub league player and Sissoko were the first genuinely worrying rumours about Romanov IMO...

anymore info K

Not really, he was at the bar on his own and we got chatting and had a beer, I told him who I supported and he then laughed. He said they used a medical excuse even though we knew and had ok'd previous problems (was it his back??) and he said we generally messed him about. Not that much info tbh.

We offered Le Tallec ridiculous wages, those were his words so they must have been high, but he turned us down in order to return to France.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Considering he wasn't at Liverpool when we tried to sign Potter, I will take Phil Thomson's comments about our football club with a pinch of salt. If he did indeed make those comments in the first place

Guest JamboRobbo

Nice one Vlad.

Considering he wasn't at Liverpool when we tried to sign Potter, I will take Phil Thomson's comments about our football club with a pinch of salt. If he did indeed make those comments in the first place

He was signed to Liverpool but on loan wasnt he? (that I'm not sure of)

He did make the comments, day before Liverpool played chelsea in the champions league, I think. Kensington Marriott, I was taying their for work and he was drinking with Alec Miller in the bar where the team were staying.

I'm not going to make it up ffs.

PS IIT he was at Liverpool, just checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Potter

And if your talking about PT then I'm pretty sure he would know more than most.

Ray Winstone
He was signed to Liverpool but on loan wasnt he? (that I'm not sure of)

He did make the comments, day before Liverpool played chelsea in the champions league, I think. Kensington Marriott, I was taying their for work and he was drinking with Alec Miller in the bar where the team were staying.

I'm not going to make it up ffs.

PS IIT he was at Liverpool, just checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Potter

And if your talking about PT then I'm pretty sure he would know more than most.

I think he was talking about Thompson rather than Potter - easy mistake to make as it was the same assumption I made when i first read it, took me a couple of minutes to realise what he meant.

I think he was talking about Thompson rather than Potter - easy mistake to make as it was the same assumption I made when i first read it, took me a couple of minutes to realise what he meant.

Still, to think Thompson wouldnt know... he was so connected he travelled with the team, well he did that day. this was after leaving in 2004.

So back to the point, I'm not sure what happened, Phil Thomson didnt go in to details, for obvious reasons I guess.

Right need to get to the pub for a quick pre match scoop.

Ryan Gosling
We offered Le Tallec ridiculous wages, those were his words so they must have been high, but he turned us down in order to return to France.

He's only on loan right enough

And it's not the first time we tried to sign him either.

Archived