U20s take on Spartans in the SFA Youth Cup

roscoe

I don't know if it has already been posted, but the U20s take on Spartans in the SFA Youth Cup on Sunday.

So if anyone is looking for something to do on Sunday the game is at Tynecastle, and entry is by donation. It is an opportunity to see some of the future 1st team in action, and to support the team.

Kick off 1pm. http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3464829

@JamTarts: Hearts team: Hamilton, L. Smith, McGhee, A. King, Ford, Beith, B. King, Nicholson, Oliver, McKirdy, Carrick.

Strong line-up

NotVincentGuerain

"@JamTarts

A quick word on the super free kick that preceded that. Straight off the training pitch. Nicholson standing over the ball waiting to lay it off to A. King, instead turns and chips it over the wall to McKirdy who had peeled off, his shot was saved though."

I like the hearts twitter, it's cheery.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

These fringe men could be just the tonic for kickstarting our fortunes in the first team. Competition for places is a must. Realise this is a lower level, bust players have to impress somewhere to earn a step up.

NotVincentGuerain

These fringe men could be just the tonic for kickstarting our fortunes in the first team. Competition for places is a must. Realise this is a lower level, bust players have to impress somewhere to earn a step up.

at least 5 of them have played for the first team already. it's not that far away

Guest Bilel Mohsni

at least 5 of them have played for the first team already. it's not that far away

McGhee and Oliver in particular must be coming in to more regular contention considering the positions they can fill in the first team are problematic right now.

Hearts should be 4 or 5 up then lose a late goal after a fumble by Hamilton (first thing he's had to do all game). No 6 Beith impressive in spraying the ball around. Oliver and B King lively up front. Too many chances not being slotted away though and Spartans still in it.

I thought we played well in the first half and less so in the 2nd although we were still the better team.

Billy King was man of the match for me. Oliver did very well in the build up to his goal. Carrick was ok but a hat trick probably flattered him.

You can see McGhee will go onto a decent level even if today wasn't his best game and Beith contributed well.

Well done Rhys craigie..proud o u and rest o boys. keep it going boys.

Well done Rhys craigie..proud o u and rest o boys. keep it going boys.

His old man is a good jambo / bampot... :2thumbsup:

I left with 15 mins to go we were 3 - 1 up at the time, at one point in the first half I thought we were going to get ten, but Oliver, Nicholson and King in particular wanted to walk the ball into the net. I was impressed by the possession and the variation at free kicks and corners. Perhaps they were waiting for me to go before getting to the scoreline their play deserved. MOT Jordan McGee strolled the game and wonderful variation at the corner for the second goal everyone ran towards the nearside while he sneaked in unmarked at the back and headed toward Carrick to finish it off.

Well worth the ?5 donation.

Gibson's Willie

I spoke to Rhys after the game seems a nice level headed lad only 16 and obviously happy at 1st goal at that level im sure Hobby will be proud tonight overall it was a good game some nice play and all the young lads played well there was a gulf in class but a good professional preformance special praise perhaps for the King brothers the future is maroon Hhgh

Adam King was pushed into midfield when Leon Jones came on (he looked solid no nonsense defender in the Bruno/Bouzid mould). Adam bossed the midfield and linked well with Billy who was our best forward.

Liked the look of Beith who was always looking for the ball and hit some nice passes.

Spartans defended in numbers and their goalie had some crackin saves. They were not disgraced in any way.

Our forwards seemed to want to always beat the extra man and were getting crowded out most times when a quicker shot may have paid dividends.

No real failures in the Hearts side and a lot of promising players. Tougher tests to come in this competition though.

Adam King was pushed into midfield when Leon Jones came on (he looked solid no nonsense defender in the Bruno/Bouzid mould). Adam bossed the midfield and linked well with Billy who was our best forward.

Liked the look of Beith who was always looking for the ball and hit some nice passes.

Spartans defended in numbers and their goalie had some crackin saves. They were not disgraced in any way.

Our forwards seemed to want to always beat the extra man and were getting crowded out most times when a quicker shot may have paid dividends.

No real failures in the Hearts side and a lot of promising players. Tougher tests to come in this competition though.

Leon is still only 15.

The Spartans keeper was ex Hearts U17 player Blair Carswell (son of ex Hearts goalie coach Allan)

Thought they tried to go through the middle too much- didn't make enough use of full backs who had acres of space - had way too much for an amatuer team but although Hearts were never troubled they can play better - spartans keeper done great

Here are some of the scores from the other 2nd round ties.

Central

Heart of Midlothian 6?1 Spartans

Stirling Albion 2?1 Alloa Athletic

Queen's Park 1?0 Forfar Athletic

Stenhousemuir 1?0 Dundee

Motherwell 3?0 East Fife

Raith Rovers (29 Sep) Clyde

Edinburgh City 1-3 Arbroath

North

Lossiemouth 0-1 Fraserburgh

Ross County 2-1 Clachnacuddin

Cove Rangers ? Keith

South

Hawick Royal Albert 2?7 Annan Athletic

Most of the other top clubs will start the competition in the 3rd Round. I'd expect the 3rd round draw to be made later this week.

Gary Oliver is the latest Academy graduate to be called up to a Scotland training camp as he was named alongside Adam King and Sam Nicholson for a get-together later this month.

Gary Oliver is the latest Academy graduate to be called up to a Scotland training camp as he was named alongside Adam King and Sam Nicholson for a get-together later this month.

Has performed consistently well for 20s and terrorised centre halfs, well done !

Archived