Torino

Vic Vespa

For various reasons I've grown up with a soft spot for Inter.

However it's waned over the last couple of years and I'm watching the AC v Torino game and for some reason I'm attracted to Torino.

Might have to get the strip. Anybody else in the boat?

Torino have such a rich and tragic history. The boy Lawson could fill you in better on this but he has went awol again in the last few days.

Goes something along the lines of....

One of Italy's greatest sides

Plane crash

Never really recover

Goldstone Wonder

Torino have such a rich and tragic history. The boy Lawson could fill you in better on this but he has went awol again in the last few days.

Goes something along the lines of....

One of Italy's greatest sides

Plane crash

Never really recover

Crashed into a cathedral I think. La Superga? Always liked the strip, especially the black socks with maroon piping.

and the strip. anybody but sampdoria.

What's wrong with Sampdoria? Always liked them, loved Mancini and Lombardo when I was wee.

Superga was the name of the mountain their plane crashed into.

Was it not right next to their old stadium or training ground?

queensferryjambo

They are my team in Italy. Had a few strips in the 80s and 90s always top drawer shirts.

It was definitely the maroon kit that swayed me in their direction.

Enzo Scifo played for them back in the day and he was superb. Lentini as well who was amazing before his move to Milan and his car crash.

96th min penalty. All officials on pitch after arguing wss no restart ref and officials just walked off nobody knew if game finished or not :)

Milan in dodgy penalty shocker. Calciopoli alive and well.

How was it dodgy? Looked pretty clear cut to me.

I decided to read up a bit more about this. At the time of the plane crash they still had 4 games to play and were leading Serie A. As pretty much the entire first team were killed apart from 3 players who weren't on the flight Torino had to field their youth league team for those games. Out of the respect the teams they still had to play also played their youth teams in those matches. Torino won all four games and took the title. However they've only won it one more time since then in 1976.

yabadabadoo1874again

What's wrong with Sampdoria? Always liked them, loved Mancini and Lombardo when I was wee.

Lombardo....if that's who I think it was he was a cracking player, him and Neil Berry in the same side .... Invincible....guile and strength...

How was it dodgy? Looked pretty clear cut to me.

You must think every dodgy penalty is clear cut. Never seen you agree with a poster yet. You only seem to go to print if you have an alternative view to someone.

Which is quite often

First got attracted to watching Torino when I saw photos of their kit back in th late 70's, then read up on the "Il Grande" and the tragedy of Superga, Denis Law and then of course we signed Bruno, who to this day remains in my top 5 favourite Hearts players.

Been out to see 2 games and plan to visit again next year at some point.

Someone mentioned black socks with maroon piping. Hearts wore them in the 40s, 50s at one point .....always thought it be smart if we tried it one time these days.

Someone mentioned black socks with maroon piping. Hearts wore them in the 40s, 50s at one point .....always thought it be smart if we tried it one time these days.

Hearts wore black socks with maroon and white trim on the tops from 1912 right through to 1951

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is a pity they have had to play second fiddle to Juve over the years. A case of the Maroon team being the wee team in a city, shouldn't be allowed. Hope they have a great seria a as we have to get behind our fellow maroons.

Archived