Alan Gow On Hearts' Radar

basher161

bigbryanthejambo

Would be the best signing of Romanov's time at our club in my opinion.

Would love to see Gowser playing in a JTz shirt.

Vlad....take note. Good Scottish player, Unsettled and available for not a lot of money.

BUY HIM! Even although his name isn't Alanis Gowskevicious.....buy hiM!

boabyarsebiscuit

No chance. Had his career put on hold for a year not playing for Rangers. Why risk really chucking it away by coming to a team run by a madman?

bigbryanthejambo
No chance. Had his career put on hold for a year not playing for Rangers. Why risk really chucking it away by coming to a team run by a madman?

He's already at a team run by a madman.

4-5-1 at home in Europe...everytime.

boabyarsebiscuit
He's already at a team run by a madman.

4-5-1 at home in Europe...everytime.

4-5-1 at home to Falkirk. Not in Europe. Any time soon.

We_are_the_Hearts

What happened to not signing players who want to play for the OF? That would rule Gow out?

bigbryanthejambo
4-5-1 at home to Falkirk. Not in Europe. Any time soon.

Ding Ding...>All Aboard the negative bus. If I ever get as depressing as you.... shoot me in the head with an AK.

Guest u01dg3

Heard that there is a non footballing reason why Alan Gow isnt in the Rangers team. Lets just say its not caused by a cold.

boabyarsebiscuit
Ding Ding...>All Aboard the negative bus. If I ever get as depressing as you.... shoot me in the head with an AK.

Just calling it how I see it. Should we just all pretend everything's OK?

By the way. I went to Falkirk on Monday. Not many Vladgimps on here did. Why was that?

Chad Sexington

He looked a good player just before the Huns snapped him up.

Now after 12 months of doing nothing he'll be rusty as feck.

I'd certainly like to see him come to the club and prove Rangers wrong...if the price is right.

Gow wont sign

any body in there right mind would not sign under the curent regime

you could be playing well talk of a scotland cap

Same week dropped for a lith dud or a transfer target

Jambojohnnyboy

doubt we would be the only ones looking to snap Gow up, I've heard that Aberdeen are also interested in taking him. I think if we got him at the close of this season and he got a good pre-season in then we would have made a good signing. We'll wait and see how things develop.....as always!

alwaysthereinspirit
Heard that there is a non footballing reason why Alan Gow isnt in the Rangers team. Lets just say its not caused by a cold.

I'm sure that that little nugget of info would be checked into before Gow goes anywhere then.

Or he could already have Mad Vlad flu and therefore be the perfect signing.

lambojambo

Signing Gow? Just a load of PR pish!

SEASON TICKET SALES ARE SLOW!

End of!

While I don't necessary agree with Kerr because I don't think we need another defensive midfielder, it is these types of signings we need to make in order to stabilise the team so I'd say the signs were encouraging.

However, we talked up similar plans last year and nothing came of it so I will not be holding my breath.

RockyBalboa

Hibs have asked Rangers to take Gow on loan for next season and are awaiting there reply. :cool:

Jambof3tornado
Gow wont sign

any body in there right mind would not sign under the curent regime

you could be playing well talk of a scotland cap

Same week dropped for a lith dud or a transfer target

So no different to Boyd at Gers,playing well but gets dropped for someone who would have been away if rangers hadnt fekked it up!!!

We are not that different to a lot of clubs,in that if they want rid of someone they will play him,Hearts can only make money on players by selling when the time is right,ie Gordon,playing well on a high,off you go for top dollar.

boabyarsebiscuit
So no different to Boyd at Gers,playing well but gets dropped for someone who would have been away if rangers hadnt fekked it up!!!

We are not that different to a lot of clubs,in that if they want rid of someone they will play him,Hearts can only make money on players by selling when the time is right,ie Gordon,playing well on a high,off you go for top dollar.

Cousin plays for a number of reasons other than the "shop window" one. For example, he's good. And Watty likes strikers who do more than "just score".

Comparing Rangers under walter Smith to Hearts under the fax machine? Just don't see it myself.

RockyBalboa
Cousin plays for a number of reasons other than the "shop window" one. For example, he's good. And Watty likes strikers who do more than "just score".

Comparing Rangers under walter Smith to Hearts under the fax machine? Just don't see it myself.

:)

Guest JamboRobbo

We are not that different to a lot of clubs,in that if they want rid of someone they will play him

The difference of course being that at HMFC, occasional interference to sell players is just the tip of the iceberg.......

Jambof3tornado
The difference of course being that at HMFC, occasional interference to sell players is just the tip of the iceberg.......

Totally agree that there are more shenanigans going on down tynie way than anything else,but people have to accept that buying and selling players is par for the course with hearts and any other club our size.

Toxteth O'Grady

Now that Gowser has been located Vlad continues with his search for a manager

seal_syst.jpg

boabyarsebiscuit
The aticle also states that Makela has 3 goals in 3 games.....

Aye but the Finnish League is of a much lower standard than the SPL. They don't have teams the calibre of Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Gretna and so on. That must be the reason. Either that or HJK's stupid coach is playing Makela as a striker and not giving him 5 minute cameos on the right wing. I mean, Makela's gash, right?

Never heard you mention this before.

The Merse
Never heard you mention this before.

Never seen you have an unnecessary dig at JamboRobbo before.

Is this true

My head is so buried in the sand I never noticed ;)

Rudolf's Mate

Personally think he's worth a punt however the negative spin on this is the fact that the scouts have come up with someone who was already on our radar 1 year ago!!!

Paying them for nothing if you ask me.

Guest JamboRobbo
Personally think he's worth a punt however the negative spin on this is the fact that the scouts have come up with someone who was already on our radar 1 year ago!!!

Nevere mind 1 year ago.

Robbo wanted to sign him from Airdire - about 4 years ago.

I can't see this one happening, but Gow's massively overrated in any case.

The media started a bizarre campaign to talk him up as having been fantastic when he was at Falkirk, then really started building him up when it became apparent that he was going to Rangers. I was never once impressed with him when he was at Falkirk, and Falkirk fans that I've spoken to always said that he was overrated - not just after he left, but while he was still at Falkirk.

Someone earlier on this thread said that they'd heard a rumour that he isn't getting a game for Rangers because of his runny nose (nudge nudge, wink wink, aren't I clever?). I heard a rumour that he isn't getting a game for Rangers because he's ****e.

Edit : Sadly, he'd still probably improve our current squad.

I think Gow would be a good signing. He won't come.

Fairly certain Hearts tried to get him on loan in Jan, he refused. I don't think he is keen in joining the madness.

The Finish league must be the worst league in the world. That's the only plausible explanation for him scoring. What is it with us an strikers we send out on loan scoring all the time, obviously Clum is the exception that proves the rule.

Makela scored a decent few goals on the rare occasions he got a first team game for us, and rattled them in both before signing for us and now after going on loan.

Maybe he's as skill-less as people on kb claim, but he's got the knack of scoring which is all that matters for me in a striker.

**** all chance of getting a game while Frail has Vlad's hand up his back, though.

Signing Gow? Just a load of PR pish!

SEASON TICKET SALES ARE SLOW!

End of!

Totally agree :cool:

Seymour M Hersh
Nevere mind 1 year ago.

So it's the pierats fault!!!:eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
So it's the pierats fault!!!:eek:

If that makes you feel better, yes.

Actually as I recall, Robbo was in for Gow, even had him at riccarton training? , then Vlad came in and sacked him.

Why all the fuss about Gow.

Despite Rangers lengthly injury list and fixture backlog he cannot even claim a place on the bench.

Say's it all really.

IMA MAROON
i give up with some of you guys. how the hell is this rangers reserve good enough for the hearts and who says our next manager whould want him. whoever is spreading these rumours is no friend of hearts.

Who should we sign?

Hagar the Horrible

Hearts have denied any interest in Gow or Kerr on the fishul website?

but Shaggy and Imatoally are looking at a list?

Guest JamboRobbo

And we've denied signing Pinilla too have we not.

lambojambo

Clum remains at the top of Shaggy's list! :eek:

I'd be pleased if we signed Gow, but I'd be far more pleased (probably renewing my season ticket pleased) if we got a manager in and he made all the transfer decisions, or was at least consulted about signings first.

Snake Plissken

I suppose its no redundant to say but

WHY THE FECK ARE F®AIL AND KOROBOTCHED-THE-SEASON-UP THINKING ABOUT TRANSFER TARGETS FOR NEXT SEASON WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE APPOINTING A MANAGER?!

I know...

I know..

I suppose its no redundant to say but

WHY THE FECK ARE F®AIL AND KOROBOTCHED-THE-SEASON-UP THINKING ABOUT TRANSFER TARGETS FOR NEXT SEASON WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE APPOINTING A MANAGER?!

I know...

I know..

these 2 would be the last pair i'd put in charge of signing players with the exception of romanov and loopy lopez.

bighusref

Not a great player but would definitely be better than some of the options we currently have.

I would add to that sign him or don't, a loan would do us NO favours.

Would be the best signing of Romanov's time at our club in my opinion.

Would love to see Gowser playing in a JTz shirt.

Vlad....take note. Good Scottish player, Unsettled and available for not a lot of money.

BUY HIM! Even although his name isn't Alanis Gowskevicious.....buy hiM!

Personally,

Skacel

Brellier

Fyssas

Bednar

Jankauskas

Kingston

Velicka

Would ALL be above Gow in that respect.

BigBreezey
Nevere mind 1 year ago.

JamboRobbo - I may be wrong, but i thought one of the reasons Robertson was sacked was because Vlad thought he was trying to bring in too low a calibre of player?

Is this an admission (if we try and sign him) that we are well and truly lowering the standard of players we are looking for?

Archived