ticket prices

hthejambo

Just seen on bbc sport site we are 2nd dearest for walk up ticket prices behind smeltic hopefully if/when the takeover happens we can reduce them in some way making it a wee bit easier on the wallet for more folk to come and watch the famous

Just seen on bbc sport site we are 2nd dearest for walk up ticket prices behind smeltic hopefully if/when the takeover happens we can reduce them in some way making it a wee bit easier on the wallet for more folk to come and watch the famous

swings and roundabouts with them prices, look how much hibs charge to suffer that pish every home match. better looking at the cheapest day out price for comparisons.

I think the price of Scottish football is a joke. The standard of football doesn't even come close to what clubs are charging.

From BBC:

At ?35, the most expensive match-day ticket is at the home of Hearts. That price is almost double the cheapest match-day ticket at Tynecastle but the club, in administration since June, have lowered their cheapest season tickets by ?30 to ?280, with the priciest option remaining ?480.

Thing is we have a good range of prices for season tickets. I only paid ?300 for mine in the main stand.

?35 is a lot though for a ticket for Hibs/Celtic. Needs to be dropped by a few quid IMO.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Hibs cheapest ST is double the price of AC Milan's cheapest ST according to Chris McLaughlin's twitter.

:cornette:

While it might sound silly, we are from the capital city. Wages tend to be higher and things are more expensive.

Some of the ticket prices of the London clubs are madness (and not the top clubs - more like QPR etc)

They've obviously took the dearest price as tickets for Cat A games are between ?28-35.

Cat B games are ?18-28.

Edit: having seen the article I see they mention ?35 as double the cheapest. I'd like to see the prices at ?15 for bronze seats, ?20 for gold and ?25 for platinum.

Scottish football is well overpriced. ?35 to see players like Hammil and Lewis Stevenson!!

I think we have a ?20 product and if sustained at that price we could slowly increase gates and in turn TV money/sponsorship etc. we need someone decent at the Spl helm and I'd also suggest a tenner for away fans.

For the good of scottish game we need a wage cap followed by a ticket price cap ANY SPL game should not exceed 20quid

This is what I think, there should be a cap on prices. ?20 max for adults, ?10 for students and kids from 12-16 years of age, and ?7 for under 12's and OAP's.

I have no issue paying these prices for tickets.

We also have the 2nd best attendance in the league. It's a fine balance of getting a good crowd and good ticket price. Too cheap and you get a few more bums on seats but still are financially worse off.

Hibs cheapest ST is double the price of AC Milan's cheapest ST according to Chris McLaughlin's twitter.

:cornette:

How much is it to buy a house in Milan?

all away fans should pay the same at all grounds,spfl should decide maximum prices for each league before the start of each season. Teams should be in control of the home support prices as they have different wage structures.

For the good of scottish game we need a wage cap followed by a ticket price cap ANY SPL game should not exceed 20quid

But then I might end up sat next to a poor person!

oh ah grantona

There is always hospitality or is that too Rich. Middle class section anyone

Scottish football is well overpriced. ?35 to see players like Hammil and Lewis Stevenson!!

I think we have a ?20 product and if sustained at that price we could slowly increase gates and in turn TV money/sponsorship etc. we need someone decent at the Spl helm and I'd also suggest a tenner for away fans.

if the rest of the world aren't included in this cap and we reduce our prices by almost 50% ?35 to ?20 because we only have a ?20 product that would mean the clubs would have to supply a 50% lesser product at ?20 than now to balance the books, a ?10 product which would put your examples (hammil,stevenson) out of our price range and our level of professional football would be at junior level. which in turn would lessen your return from TV/sponsorship.

isolated caps solve nothing.

Been saying that for years. It (was) a working mans past time going to the game on a Saturday. Now it's an investment.

Greedy chairmen paying greedy players paying greedy agents

Really, why does someone need ?6k a week?

I don't want to hear about a short football career cos that is just pish. I have to work until I'm in my 60's. why can't they do something else with their life when they finish with football? Are they just too dumb or lazy?

?20 is plenty to watch an SPFL game IMO

Diadora Van Basten

If you see the amount of empty seats at Scottish Football grounds it is clear that football is overpriced.

Germany has shown us the way forward with cheap match tickets and a good product.

mulleted_jambo

I agree that they are overpriced. However at the moment I am happy to pay ?35 for a ticket in the Wheatfield (Sect F) to get a decent view and atmosphere. it all goes towards the club.

They are pretty much the only seats left that will provide both good view and atmosphere. In normal circumstances though I might have thought ?35 could have paid for a day in the pub to watch the various games that are on. I know others would have as well. It is far too much to watch Hearts especially when there is a high chance we will get humped. As I say though at the moment I would probably happily pay ?50.

If I'd known I could make it earlier though I would have probably tried to get a cheaper ticket elsewhere.

And yet folk demand everyone gives money to the FOH? We will eventually settle back to seeing the quality of player we can afford so reducing admission prices with piffling sums from TV etc will mean a product that may not fill the ground whatever the price of admission. No easy answer but don't see a problem with the price for this weekend's game.

if the rest of the world aren't included in this cap and we reduce our prices by almost 50% ?35 to ?20 because we only have a ?20 product that would mean the clubs would have to supply a 50% lesser product at ?20 than now to balance the books, a ?10 product which would put your examples (hammil,stevenson) out of our price range and our level of professional football would be at junior level. which in turn would lessen your return from TV/sponsorship.

isolated caps solve nothing.

I never mentioned a cap as such, if you overcharge for a poor product the crowds will slowly dwindle. It's suppose to be the people's game but we are pricing a lot out and fleecing others through their loyalty.

Germany charge a tenner mate are they watching Stevenson etc? Or players half their ability?

I never mentioned a cap as such, if you overcharge for a poor product the crowds will slowly dwindle. It's suppose to be the people's game but we are pricing a lot out and fleecing others through their loyalty.

Germany charge a tenner mate are they watching Stevenson etc? Or players half their ability?

germany's a bigger market so not really a fair comparison and we already have the biggest percentage of the population going to games in europe, cheaper seats ain't gonna drive that many more through the turnstyles.

unless the world agrees to an amercan football kinda set up where all teams are given equal opportunities to compete at any decent level you need income and expenditure equivilent to this or you drop to a lower level and cut your investment back and thus you can cut back on your pricing.

do you want stake or beef..........stakes ?35 beef ?20

caviar is a huge sky TV deal

germany's a bigger market so not really a fair comparison and we already have the biggest percentage of the population going to games in europe, cheaper seats ain't gonna drive that many more through the turnstyles.

unless the world agrees to an amercan football kinda set up where all teams are given equal opportunities to compete at any decent level you need income and expenditure equivilent to this or you drop to a lower level and cut your investment back and thus you can cut back on your pricing.

Germany have got it spot on. They are helped by the fact that they have standing and allow alcohol.

I believe you can also by match tickets via cash machines. Rather like a mobile phone top up. A great idea.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This is what I think, there should be a cap on prices. ?20 max for adults, ?10 for students and kids from 12-16 years of age, and ?7 for under 12's and OAP's.

This

?20 for a student ticket to the match between the league's biggest two teams on Saturday. No complaints from me.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Very true: if I could not get a seat in Section D (platinum) I probably would not go at all.

Steak is not what we get served!

In the 80's we could attract crowds of 25-30000 and now we get 12-16000. It's too expensive, I go with mates but imagine taking two boys? By the time u travel and get something to eat etc there's not much change out of ?100.

No doubt why attendances are falling, too expensive for a family day out these days, if you take a couple of kids, programme and food/drink!

When u look at prices of the german leagues, a bayern standing season ticket costs ?104 or if your disabled costs ?67. Ofc the best seats are ?540, but in comparison to hearts a great deal.

Ofc i'm not in germany but its for comparison details :)

Full details

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318209/Bayern-Munich-season-tickets-low-104-putting-Premier-League-shame.html

The People's Chimp

Knew you'd be posting about that when I saw the thread title.

?54 for west ham FFS. :rofl:

That's their 2nd cheapest ticket. No sections available at the bargain ?42 + BF.

Bet it's a shite 0-0 an aw. :lol:

People always go on about ticket prices, but when there are cut price tickets available for cup ties, we never see any rush to take advantage of them. Have a look on e-tickets at how many seats are still available for the QOTS game. It looks like we've only sold about 2-3,000 tickets. Just over a year ago, we sold out for the Liverpool game with prices upwards of 3 times what we're charging for QOTS.

The reality is, it's the quality of football on offer that is the deciding factor for most people on whether they go to games or not, not the price. And the last thing that's going to help clubs improve, in the short and long term, is substantially cutting ticket prices, and therefore income.

I'm happy to pay to support our club.

We are still pretty close to closing and fans want cheaper entry? Unreal.

I don't think people are expecting that at the moment. I think everybody understands the situation and are happy to help the club in anyway they can afford, including paying ?35 for a game that's live on TV.

Outwith the context of administration ?35 for a league game that is live on TV is clearly ridiculous and cannot be sustained but that is another argument.

There is not a game in Scotland worth more than ?15 to watch when you compare to bigger games in Germany and Italy.

Archived