Billy Dodds, lack of knowledge

Markie

speedbump

Good point well made, I was wondering how many would bite. Not as many as I thought. Onwards and upwards.

the voice from above
Good point well made, I was wondering how many would bite. Not as many as I thought. Onwards and upwards.

sure you were... :cool:

alwaysthereinspirit

Hey if BBC Scotland "understands" then it must be true.

Whooo hoooo, moving on up. Intertattie here we come.

We'd noticed at least three glaring errors amidst Dodds' piece this week; he also adds comments re the games at Rugby park and Pittodrie this weekend!

I thought a feedback email to BBC Sport might assist ...

'A suggestion for BBC Scotland Football 'expert' Billy Dodds and your own Mr McGuigan, to whom, your web page would have us believe said expert was talking re Saturday's fixtures.

Probably an idea to check out basic facts like where respective matches are to be played before espousing to provide informed comment on likely outcomes. Glibly overlooking rudimentary detail like location tends to weaken any claims to be an expert. Rather it leaves readership further convinced you are nothing more than another overpaid former pro, adding little by way of insight or intelligence, simply ploughing the same sorry furrow of preconceived clich?s about provincial clubs while unashamedly paying undue heed and favour to the old firm masters'.

Thus far without response however.

We'd noticed at least three glaring errors amidst Dodds' piece this week; he also adds comments re the games at Rugby park and Pittodrie this weekend!

I thought a feedback email to BBC Sport might assist ...

'A suggestion for BBC Scotland Football 'expert' Billy Dodds and your own Mr McGuigan, to whom, your web page would have us believe said expert was talking re Saturday's fixtures.

Probably an idea to check out basic facts like where respective matches are to be played before espousing to provide informed comment on likely outcomes. Glibly overlooking rudimentary detail like location tends to weaken any claims to be an expert. Rather it leaves readership further convinced you are nothing more than another overpaid former pro, adding little by way of insight or intelligence, simply ploughing the same sorry furrow of preconceived clich?s about provincial clubs while unashamedly paying undue heed and favour to the old firm masters'.

Wish I had said that!.

Don't hold your breath awaiting a response.

Guest JamboRobbo

they've fixed the bit where dodds said hearts are looking to move up the league though. we're now looking to add to our points tally instead.

someone must've explained how the split works to him.

they've fixed the bit where dodds said hearts are looking to move up the league though. we're now looking to add to our points tally instead.

someone must've explained how the split works to him.

Hope whoever explained it gets the rest of the day off, cant have been an easy job

Guest JamboRobbo
Hope whoever explained it gets the rest of the day off, cant have been an easy job

I'm presuming colouring crayons and lots of pictures were involved.

Either that or Derren Brown was called in to drum it into him.

Dodds just the latest example of how poorly the BBC treat potential readers/viewers/listeners. days gone by you had genuine sports broadcasters like Crampsey able to give you reasoned debate and subjective view across all clubs and leagues, now we are subjected to poorly educated former players happy to wear old firm hearts on their sleeve while paying everyone else condescending glances presumably as a contractual arrangement.

the level of prejudice, clich? and banality in any discussion trotted out on BBC radio these days defies belief. McLeod and Dodds as key exponents. as BBC Scotland football experts I'd be surprised if either could tell you who plays in goal for Caley yet both probably know on which side Walt dresses and Aiden McGeady's top score on GTA.

Ian Wright got laughed at for being an over emotional engerlund fan but at least he was honest. Picking up a salary holding yourself out as a neutral expert like the aforementioned chuckle brothers is a far greater crime in my book. its not wonder the SPL, SFA & SFL get away with constant maladministration with jokers like these at the fore front of our incisive media.

Archived