Adam King - 17

Leon Jones - 15

Aaron Scott - 16

Sean McKirdy - 15

Angus Beith - 17

Gary Oliver - 18

Sam Nicholson - 18

Buchanan - 17

Millar (16) Craigie (16) Daniel (16) Simpson (16) Turner (U17)

That gives you an idea of how young the under 20 side was for this match. From the early reports and messages I have seen they played really well against an experienced County side. Cant wait to see the match report.

Mark Ridgers - 23

Liam Smith - 17

Elliot Ford - 17

Adam King - 17

Leon Jones - 15

Aaron Scott - 16

Sean McKirdy - 15

Angus Beith - 17

Gary Oliver - 18

Sam Nicholson - 18

Buchanan - 17

Millar (16) Craigie (16) Daniel (16) Simpson (16) Turner (U17)

That gives you an idea of how young the under 20 side was for this match. From the early reports and messages I have seen they played really well against an experienced County side. Cant wait to see the match report.

It won't be posted until mid morning at the earliest. I missed Kai Wilson (16) off the subs list

What age was the youngest player to have played for the team?

To the best of my knowledge, Sean McKirdy is the youngest to have played for the U20s, which he did at the end of last season against Motherwell just four days after his 15th birthday. He had previously played in a couple of friendly matches against Spartans and Musselburgh Athletic as a 14 year old.

I think Jack Hamilton played for the U19s in the East of Scotland Shield game as a 14 year old.

Be very interesting to follow the progress of these young guys. With our under 21's effectively playing in the first team you can see the knock on effect to the other age groups. Early days but judging by a few post from people above it sounds like they are up for the challenge as well. All very positive.

jamboinglasgow

Just looking at the midfield 3 of Beith, McKirdy, Scott. Average of 16 and all 3 are cracking midfielders. All 3 highly rated, all 3 capped (Beith U18, Scott U17 and McKirdy U16.) I would be interested to see if Darren Murray gives them a run out for up and coming games, Of course you also have Adam King who was put into central defence in this game, but it does show you depth in central midfield we have.

I watched an U16 game at Riccarton last night against Dundee Utd. Pretty well the whole of last season's U15 side had been kept on because there was a demand from those clubs with school links (Celtic and Dundee Utd) and others such as Rangers for more games at this level.

It may well prove to be a shrewd move as the U16s played some great football to win 3-1, going on about 7 or 8. That was without Jones and McKirdy who were rested, while a number of U15s had been added to the squad. Ian Smith played up front and scored a hat trick.

Archived