Brass Bands

weemarky

Hey guys and girls.

This might be a wee bit too far out of the box for this forum but I was just wonderin if there were any other "Brass Bandies" on JKB.

Ive played in Brass Bands at every level for the last 11 years and I absolute;y love it! Started when I was 9 and it's a great way to make new friends, travel and have a good time.

What are people's memories of seeing brass bands? Is it just gala days etc? or has anyone actually been to a contest or heard a proper concert?

Just a wee gauge on opinion.

Cheers,

Weemarky

jamboinglasgow
Hey guys and girls.

This might be a wee bit too far out of the box for this forum but I was just wonderin if there were any other "Brass Bandies" on JKB.

Ive played in Brass Bands at every level for the last 11 years and I absolute;y love it! Started when I was 9 and it's a great way to make new friends, travel and have a good time.

What are people's memories of seeing brass bands? Is it just gala days etc? or has anyone actually been to a contest or heard a proper concert?

Just a wee gauge on opinion.

Cheers,

Weemarky

I was a fellow Brass bander, played at school in a small band that I was one of the first of. Played Trumpet and played in all the major school bands

I love a bit of Brass.

Greta film, if you ever get a chance.

The Real Maroonblood
I love a bit of Brass.

Greta film, if you ever get a chance.

Really enjoyed that film.

Tams bird

There was a guy on the bus last night showing everyone who was intrested his instrument (coronet) .... Could have done with a bit of a clean though.

speedbump

I am sure there have been a few members who have been in other "big bands":whistling:

kirstyhearts

I used to play percussion in Livingston Brass Band.

Done galas and competitions.

Was in the school wind band as well.

jamboinglasgow
I used to play percussion in Livingston Brass Band.

Done galas and competitions.

Was in the school wind band as well.

if livingstone brass band is the one I'm thinking of then I know the conductor from it.

Speak to DaveyT.

Loves his tuba.

That would be a bad move, he would then talk non stop at you for about 3hrs about it.

The Goatheed is away to blackpool this weekend on some band comp, so the office is so quiet today. Almost a joy to be at work!

I predict his band will get pumped and finish 2nd last, so expect some drunken texts from him on Saturday night.

marshallschunkychicken
That would be a bad move, he would then talk non stop at you for about 3hrs about it.

The Goatheed is away to blackpool this weekend on some band comp, so the office is so quiet today. Almost a joy to be at work!

I predict his band will get pumped and finish 2nd last, so expect some drunken texts from him on Saturday night.

Gutted.

No Goatheid in Diggers tomorrow then.....

Gutted.

No Goatheid in Diggers tomorrow then.....

Not tomorrow

Whilst you are supping on your pint of 80, goatheed will be busy playing with his Tuba.

Archived