Since I was young

Fermit the Krog

Gregory House M.D.

Brace yourself for shite chat from the Song Police about stealing chants. Great song :thumbsup:

The Great Khali

Brace yourself for shite chat from the Song Police about stealing chants. Great song :thumbsup:

Heard it at the game "badword Motherwell eh, no hertz"

Gregory House M.D.

Couldn't catch all the words....

Since I was young,

I've followed on,

HMFC,

The team for me!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :D

Shanks said no

The song police will bite but there was something about it that I felt was just right, seeing fathers, sons, wifes, daughters all joining in together made me a wee bit emotional and I think its well worth a steal. And we didn't need a drum.

Gregory House M.D.

Was that our fans singing achy breaky heart by the way? :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Yep.

No comment. :turned:

What were the words? :lol:

The achy breaky heart song was ****ing ridiculous.

:lol:

Sung in the pub afterward and the train home.

:facepalm:

Sexton Hardcastle

Good for atmosphere and that but bit shan pinching Motherwell, of all clubs, numbers.

If it gee's up the boys, then go for it.

robin hood jambo

Thought it was great. Singing it constantly for 20min regardless of what was happening on the pitch ie. Caley attacking & going close is the closest thing ive seen in the uk to a "german bundesliga" atmosphere. A real positive high/talking point to take from the game imo.

Please tell me that this isn't to the same tune that The Rangers sing... :vrface:

Fermit the Krog

Please tell me that this isn't to the same tune that The Rangers sing... :vrface:

When I was young, I had no sense, I bought a flute for 50 pence, the only tune that I could play was..

That tune?

Naw.

:vrface: backatya

When I was young, I had no sense, I bought a flute for 50 pence, the only tune that I could play was..

That tune?

Naw.

Aye, well I didn't know did I? Hence the ******* question.

:vrface:

Fermit the Krog

Aye, well I didn't know did I? Hence the ******* question.

:vrface:

Aye, best to shut your hole, eh?

It actually caught on and was good!

The achy breaky heart song was awful but at least they were singing!

As an aside, did anyone else see the boy who was constantly starting it get lifted after carrying the flare down the stand and throwing it on the trackside, only to be let back in ten minutes later?!

Don't kill my heart, my achy breaky heart

I just dont think you'll understand

That if you kill my heart, my achy breaky heart

You'll end up a riot on your hands

(or something similar!)

Aye, best to shut your hole, eh?

Top response :thumbsup:

Showing your value as a poster on here with posts like that. :smuggy:

Since I was young,

I've followed on,

HMFC,

The team for me!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :D

Is this to the Rainbow tune Since You've Been Gone?

Is this to the Rainbow tune Since You've Been Gone?

It was "I've followed Hearts" that was being sung. No idea about the original tune!

jack D and coke

That tune?

Naw.

That was the tune going through my head too :lol: thank **** it's not that then!!

So what tune then???

Creepy Lurker

Hibs written all over it. It's the type of song they sing.

What a terrible post.

The song was class. Think some people on here expect every song to be a lyrical masterpiece or something. All a song needs to do is create an atmosphere, which this did.

If it brings atmosphere and fun then I'm all for it, Scottish fitba used to be well known for boisterous crowds and atmosphere but with all seater stadiums and heavy handed policing and stewarding its lost its edge other than the odd occasion but if this gets going then good luck to the lads

Walter Bishop

Don't kill my heart, my achy breaky heart

I just dont think you'll understand

That if you kill my heart, my achy breaky heart

You'll end up a riot on your hands

(or something similar!)

MacDonald Jardine

That was the tune going through my head too :lol: thank **** it's not that then!!

So what tune then???

You mean Tom Hark? We've got a few to that tune.

I'm guessing those on here slating the songs weren't at Inverness yesterday, because I defy anyone who WAS at Inverness to deny singing the same songs with gusto! Because from what I could see, every single Hearts fan was getting involved. Especially in the second half!!

Don't mind taking songs from English teams, or other teams around the world, we can't make up every song.

But taking songs from another SPL team. . .in particular a song from Motherwell "ultras". . .

MacDonald Jardine

Don't mind taking songs from English teams, or other teams around the world, we can't make up every song.

But taking songs from another SPL team. . .in particular a song from Motherwell "ultras". . .

Every club has always done that, It's only fairly recently you've started to get "That's a Celtic song" etc.

Creepy Lurker

Every song has to start somewhere.

I think Hearts fans are maybe like this because we're a bit spoiled with great songs of our own in HHGH and the European song. In reality it's highly unlikely that any new song as complex as either of those is going to take off again (obviously it'd be great if one did) and unless we want to just have the same repertoire of songs for the entire remainder of our history then we basically do have to use tunes that are used by other teams.

I find the whole 'that's a team x song' thing a bit weird, to be honest.

We have some of the finest anthems in football. Many teams have wee "chants" they like to sing, but nothing that can compare to our "songs".

A great wee tune tbh. Not really bothered about copying other clubs who song it. Half the league copied are "the hearts are having a party" anyway.

I thought the song was brilliant created a great atmosphere I don't care where the song originates from. I would add at no stage in the future do we require a drum.

Got beat 2-0 yesterday but had a great time due to the atmosphere. Defy anyone to say they didn't join in at some point! Just need to slow the songs down a bit!

Archived