*** ICT v Hearts Official Match Thread***

Masonic

Inverness Caledonain Thistle winger Marley Watkins will be sidelined for two weeks with an ankle injury.

The Premiership leaders have no other selection worries to contend with.

Hearts skipper Danny Wilson and full-back Kevin McHattie are suspended following red cards last weekend and midfielder Ryan Stevenson is a long-term injury absentee.

Goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald suffered an ankle injury at Raith Rovers on Tuesday, with Mark Ridgers on standby.

Inverness CT manager Terry Butcher: "We like to get the ball down and pass it, but we also like to put teams under pressure by pressing them with our energy.

"If we can match Hearts for energy then I'm sure we'll do all right.

"Gary has done extraordinarily well at Hearts. He has got some good young players but you have got to mould them, cajole them and inspire them. But sometimes they do things you don't expect them to.

"There are some wonderful talents there. They are all playing for their future and playing with a freedom that sometimes comes with that.

"I noticed that at Motherwell. When we put a lot of young players in the team we got energy and enthusiasm. Sometimes they make mistakes and sometimes they are not quite in the right positions but they will certainly run all day for you.

"And when you look at the Hearts team, they are certainly running all day for Gary Locke."

Hearts manager Gary Locke: "We have had a reasonable start but that's all it is. It is only four games in.

"We said that to the players after the other night (after a League Cup win at Raith Rovers).

"It was a great battling performance but we haven't achieved anything.

"We have managed to pick up a few points but just because we have had a reasonable start, we still have a huge mountain to climb.

"I think that is the most important thing, we don't get too carried away."

NotVincentGuerain

i can't wait for the game. To all the away Hearts fans- big thanks for all your efforts. You are brilliant.

Harry Palmer

I wear specs but even I don't need the text that size....

ragdolled, by, mates, boozer, half, time, pups.

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

a bit early for this but ok ill go for 1-0 hearts but i would take a draw right now

Big vocal support and the young guys fighting for the cause, we may just come back with something....be delighted with a point.

3 of us setting off at nine on the road trip, optimistic that we will get a draw at least, think Caley will have one of their off days!! c'mon the jt's

im not goin to the game today im goin to a scooter rally in aberdeenshire on my 1966 lambretta. travellin the same time as most supportes.....i will be flyin my FOH scarf,if any travellin hearts fans see me give me a wave FTH

Leaving just after 9am, expecting a comfortable victory for the famous today but if it turns out to be a hard fought victory then so be it. :thumbsup:

Italian Lambretta

Really looking forward to the game today. A good skinfull before the game and 90 minutes of the Danny Wilson Song. And the famous flag 'This Hearts are still beating' flag will be there too.

tartofmidlothian

Predicted 2-2 the other day, but I have no clue what could happen. Everyone saying how good a team ICT are said exactly the same about St J, Partick and Aberdeen prematch.

Not the other ones though. :verysmug:

Think McKay and McGowan will surprise us as a solid partnership and that Oliver will come on late in the game and give us a real threat.

Lot of folks leaving at 9 for some reason! It is a 3 o'clock kick off, right?

This happy Jambo will be enjoying a full cooked breakfast, when I eventually roll out of bed - maybe in another 30mins!

im not goin to the game today im goin to a scooter rally in aberdeenshire on my 1966 lambretta. travellin the same time as most supportes.....i will be flyin my FOH scarf,if any travellin hearts fans see me give me a wave FTH

Hope you make it mate! My '82 Vespa would have heat seizures going from Livingston to Broxburn! Cost me on average a engine rebuild a year...!

tartofmidlothian

Home win.

I think the luck we have carried in every game,will run out today.

:)

Like clockwork.

I wear specs but even I don't need the text that size....

ragdolled, by, mates, boozer, half, time, pups.

I wear specs too and after attempting to read that without them on, I now need to book an appointment with the opticians.

However I think after another tremendous effort from the lads, it will be 1 - 1 today.

heartsfc_fan

Home win.

oh hello

Like clockwork.

Only took him until 9.27 - I wonder if Winnie will disappear again like last time.

Home win.

The day you predict Hearts to win is the day we should all worry.

Tommy Walker

Take a 0-0 now.

Going by the odds, think we might lose.

Couldn't give a stuff cos we're...

onuff :)

TW

Jambof3tornado

Any points up there are a bonus and would keep us rumbling on. Would bite your arm off for a draw right now.

Any points up there are a bonus and would keep us rumbling on. Would bite your arm off for a draw right now.

As long as we keep grinding out results and showing the same commitment then we are good for a draw. A win will be magnificent but ICT are inform at the moment so we will see.

Any team news?

Untried defence today.

No disgrace if we lose, a point would be superb.

Do not want to see JKB in meltdown if the worst happens, young team, there will, for certain, be a few hiccups along this road we are on.

It's just great to see us on this road.

I've got a feeling that today Jamie Hamill will be targeted for some unsavory treatment and Robinson, Holt , Walker and latterly Tapping will need to win this game for us. They have some big strong boys and a right couple of thugs in their team. This Hearts team will not lie down though and I take us to get a point at least.

Not feeling too confident about today but these lads have played out their skin and can do so today would bite your hand off for a point today tho

fabienleclerq

I think we might see Patterson in midfield today.

Would take a point right now.

queensferryjambo

Yeah the player standing offside and putting off our keeper for the only goal was a real piece of luck at St Johnstone. We made our own luck against H1b5. And the fact that Partick and Aberdeen players can't finish in front of goal doesn't make us lucky it just shows their strikers quality.

When we get a soft penalty, an opposition player sent off incorrectly or an opposition goal chopped off incorrectly come back and call us lucky.

Aside from feeding the troll here I feel pretty nervous about this game to be honest and it will be worse as I am stuck at work today so will have to listen on the radio :(

I would love to take a point and would kill for a win.

We need a big performance and again I have faith the team will give it their all. If their all isn't good enough today so be it Inverness are a tough side to get anything from.

Inverness will be over confident. Hearts to take all 3 points. Will quote this after the game.

Not sure about this really. I'm sure they've learned from Hibs and Aberdeens mistake

Like cockwork.

Ftfy.

Another win or draw and he'll disappear. He has to be right sometime though.

We'll get a real humping at some point in the season. It could be today, but I'm confident we can sneak it.

Just hopeful the spirt and application are what we have coke to expect from them.

queensferryjambo

Another win or draw and he'll disappear. He has to be right sometime though.

A broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't make it accurate.

A broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't make it accurate.

just explaining the ersehole posts to come if we lose...

But please....I'm not defending him :sob:

john brownlee

I've got a feeling that today Jamie Hamill will be targeted for some unsavory treatment and Robinson, Holt , Walker and latterly Tapping will need to win this game for us. They have some big strong boys and a right couple of thugs in their team. This Hearts team will not lie down though and I take us to get a point at least.

this has got to be the norm Hamills a nape to be sent off or thugged......butcher will have is honest Scottish thugs primed for this game. on the bright side every team and offushals have tried this season so far only one has succeeded.

At this moment in time I would happily take a draw but unfortunately I can only see a fairly comfortable win for ICT. Hope to god I'm wrong.

Franco Fascione

Winnie is a Poo.

I like the positivity on this thread. Terry has put a good team together but our young lads don't know when to give in, so I'll go for a score draw.

Give the young lads a shout for me. Jam Tarts!

Archived