Traffic Problems...

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

Sitting here with some Uni coursework that is due in tomorrow. I basically have to identify a corridor of road, and 3 problems facing it.

Not being a driver myself and aside from going to and from Uni I am very rarely travelling on the roads at rush hour.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a passage of road I could use? Also any of the problems facing it would be magic.

The Old Tolbooth
Sitting here with some Uni coursework that is due in tomorrow. I basically have to identify a corridor of road, and 3 problems facing it.

Not being a driver myself and aside from going to and from Uni I am very rarely travelling on the roads at rush hour.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a passage of road I could use? Also any of the problems facing it would be magic.

You could write a book about the problems of Easter Road mate ;)

speedbump

Shandwick place? Slateford Road? Princes Street and that just the first 3 off the top of my head.

tommythejambo
Shandwick place? Slateford Road? Princes Street and that just the first 3 off the top of my head.

I get what you are saying there but surley they just have one big problem as opposed to 3.

George Street.

Pedestrian crossings cause queues.

Currently heaving due to Shandwick Place.

Tonnes of roundabouts which at rush hour can become stand stilled.

Parking can narrow road and build up traffic further.

I dunno:laugh:

speedbump
I get what you are saying there but surley they just have one big problem as opposed to 3.

Well what the access issues, re-modeling work, trafic management systems not just the trams and too much traffic.

The road, from Penicuik to Edinburgh is full of problems.

On the six mile journey you have three sets of roadworks. A ten minute journey can now take 30 minutes. They are trying to make the road more bus friendly, with new bus lanes and a park and ride at Straiton.

Drivers are now trying alternative routes, on the A702 and through minor roads, like Roslin village causing congestion there. One of the alternative roads through Roslin Glen is now closed because of road works and the council have ran out of money so it is closed indefinitely.

I do not work in the centre of town or on a main bus route, so if I decided to use public transport, I would be two buses each way and an extra hour on my journey.

Hope this helps you.

What about;

Queensferry Road. All the way from Dean Bridge to after Barnton is a nightmare during rush hour and that's without roadworks. There are so many main arteries leading into, crossing and off it that it is purely volume of traffic.

The three biggest parts are Craigleith junction, Blackhall Junction and Barnton junction (even though I still call it a roundabout!). You could also consider the other junctions, Orchard Brae, Quality Street, Clermiston & Drumbrae.

Corstorphine/Glasgow Road. Again volume of traffic.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I've got an idea, do your own coursework, Am i getting a mention on your degree certificate?

No?

Do it yourself then!;)

The road, from Penicuik to Edinburgh is full of problems.

On the six mile journey you have three sets of roadworks. A ten minute journey can now take 30 minutes. They are trying to make the road more bus friendly, with new bus lanes and a park and ride at Straiton.

Drivers are now trying alternative routes, on the A702 and through minor roads, like Roslin village causing congestion there. One of the alternative roads through Roslin Glen is now closed because of road works and the council have ran out of money so it is closed indefinitely.

I do not work in the centre of town or on a main bus route, so if I decided to use public transport, I would be two buses each way and an extra hour on my journey.

Hope this helps you.

Tell me about it!! I was home last weekend and almost cracked!! Can someone please tell me what the point of the bus lane is on the dual carriageway at Milton Bridge? The buses all stay in that lane anyway - and there's never been any problem before!!!!

:evilno::evilno::evilno:

Walter Payton

Don't actually drive and trying to get others to do your work for you? Don't worry mate, you'll be a shoo-in for a job in the council doing road infrastructure.;)

Archived