Don Draper

Pleasing to see! It just shows you what this young team could potentially achieve without the points deduction. "Hibernian Edimbourg"; what's that all about?

WorldChampions1902

I'm sure a load of emails are now on their way to the French President from members of a certain message board demanding an explanation under the French equivalent of the FOI.

Francis Albert

Pleasing to see! It just shows you what this young team could potentially achieve without the points deduction. "Hibernian Edimbourg"; what's that all about?

Just to identify where they come from I suppose, the same as Celtic Glasgow - only the French don't have their own word for Glasgow. Maybe they think St Jounstone play in Johnstone (a mistake one of St Johnstone's European opponents once made I believe), and as for St Mirren maybe "Paisley" wouldn't mean anything to l'Equipe's readers or they'd think they played in a Paisley pattern.

Anyway, the pre-points deduction table will be a good measure of what the team is achieving this season.

Seem to remember that the tickets for the PSG v Hearts match had 'Heart of Midlothian Edimbourg' on them. Or am i going mad?

"Hibernian Edimbourg"; what's that all about?

The website owners know eleven teams in Scotland, but couldn't think of the insignificant twelfth.

'I know' said jean-pierre, 'lets look up Pro evo soccer' - 'There!! Beside Glasgow Ibrox...'

Edimbourg fuds :lol:

Just to identify where they come from I suppose, the same as Celtic Glasgow - only the French don't have their own word for Glasgow. Maybe they think St Jounstone play in Johnstone (a mistake one of St Johnstone's European opponents once made I believe), and as for St Mirren maybe "Paisley" wouldn't mean anything to l'Equipe's readers or they'd think they played in a Paisley pattern.

Anyway, the pre-points deduction table will be a good measure of what the team is achieving this season.

I know people refer to Celtic as "Glasgow Celtic" but, out of interest, is that technically their correct name?

Hopefully we'll be dancing in the streets of Raith on Tuesday!!! :)

Francis Albert

I know people refer to Celtic as "Glasgow Celtic" but, out of interest, is that technically their correct name?

No it's just "Celtic" or "Celtic Football Club" as Tommy Burns always used to say. And Glasgow Rangers never existed either. just Rangers (or now The Rangers!).

Creepy Lurker

I think that 'Hibernian Edimbourg' might be because their crest has 'Hibernian Edinburgh' written on it.

The French are clueless about Scottish football. It's brilliant.

Dallas Green

Nope but that we fud Danny Lennon keeps referring to them as such.

:pleasing:

Hibernian. The skidmarks on the underpants of Scottish football. Even uninformed media knows..

:rofl: :rofl:

Archived