U20 at Hamilton tonight

Morse

Footballfirst

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3418919

6pm kick off. I just work up the road so I'll be there. Almost a home tie for Jordan McGee if he's in the squad

I'll take a guess that the team will be along the lines of:

Ridgers

L Smith, Gordon, McGhee, Ford

Scott, A King, Beith

Buchanan, Oliver, Nicholson

It would actually make sense for the likes of Tapping and Billy King to get some game time too, so they may feature. Aaron Scott has an eye injury from last week's U17 game so may not make it.

Hamilton have started the season pretty well with a 0-0 draw against Rangers and a 4-2 win over Motherwell so it will be a tough game regardless of the selection.

Going to be a long second 45. As previous post:

Gordon injured > McKirdy on

Hamilton (GK) red card (pen)

McKirdy tactical sub > Sneddon (GK) on

Buchanan tactical sub > Jones on

Carrick injured - down to 9 before half time.

:uhoh2:

Jambof3tornado

While it would be good to see the under 20 team doing well, it's more important that our under 21 team do.

Haha our u21 team aka the 1st team.

Footballfirst

The outcome was effectively determined in a 15 minute period in the middle of the first half when Hearts lost Liam Gordon to an ankle injury, had Jack Hamilton red carded when conceding a penalty, from which Accies scored their opening goal, made tactical substitutions, then lost Dale Carrick to injury with no substitutes left and an hour to play with nine men.

Hamilton extended their lead with two quick goals in the 57th minute, before having a man sent off themselves. Sam Nicholson pulled a goal back but it was quickly nullified as Hamilton got a fourth in 67th minute. A last minute fifth actually flattered the home side as Hearts had continued to play some really good football that merited a little more reward.

There was some really good interplay between Nicholson, Oliver and Billy King. The nine lads that finished the game gave their all and I wouldn't criticise any of them.

I could blame Darren Murray for screwing up the subs though. When Liam Gordon went off he should have immediately brought on a replacement centre back in Leon Jones, rather than midfielder Sean McKirdy. When Jack Hamilton went off Robbie Buchanan should have been sacrificed at that point to bring Jamie Sneddon, rather than Sean McKirdy. Darren then realised that he needed to make a tactical substitution finally bringing on Leon Jones for Robbie Buchanan at that point.

Basically he wasted a substitution with McKirdy going on then off again, which left the team exposed to having no subs left when Carrick hobbled off. He did try to bring a 4th sub on, but the ref prevented it.

From what I've seen Angus Beith looks a good wee player.

Agree, everytime I've seen him he seems to stand-out, decent rounded player with potential. Not sure if our current situation will help/hinder his development in regard to the u20 team.

tartofmidlothian

Whenever I see these threads I find myself looking out for Gary Oliver. FF, am I right in thinking he's probably the best true striker we have at the club?

Footballfirst

Whenever I see these threads I find myself looking out for Gary Oliver. FF, am I right in thinking he's probably the best true striker we have at the club?

He's the only true striker we have at the club, i.e. he plays up front consistently. Even Dale Carrick was played out wide tonight leaving Oliver as the main striker.

I don't know if he is quite ready for the physicality of SPFL football, but he must be worth a few minutes off the bench.

Footballfirst

Why wasn't Combe on the bench? Is he still registered as a player?

He probably is still registered as a player. There is no reason that Mark Ridgers shouldn't have been on the bench. Jordan Millar, the other full time keeper (U18) has a toe injury at the moment that is keeping him out. (once he is fit I can see him being loaned out)

Jamie was there just to make up the numbers tonight and with no expectation of playing, then the sh1t happens. Jamie actually did fine with a couple of really good saves and it was refreshing to see a keeper with good distribution, i.e. knocking the ball 40 yards to feet.

Agree, everytime I've seen him he seems to stand-out, decent rounded player with potential. Not sure if our current situation will help/hinder his development in regard to the u20 team.

I like the lad too. Talented young left back. However Boomy just likes his name.

tartofmidlothian

He's the only true striker we have at the club, i.e. he plays up front consistently. Even Dale Carrick was played out wide tonight leaving Oliver as the main striker.

I don't know if he is quite ready for the physicality of SPFL football, but he must be worth a few minutes off the bench.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Hopefully someone we see emerge over the season then. It'd be great to see a proper striker in the team, especially if he knows where the goal is.

kylelauren01

I like the lad too. Talented young left back. However Boomy just likes his name.

Angus Beith plays in midfield does he not....?

Only time I saw him was at left back. Unless I'm getting him confused with somebody. He came on against Hibs at left back.

Footballfirst

Only time I saw him was at left back. Unless I'm getting him confused with somebody. He came on against Hibs at left back.

He played at LB for about 5 mins last night in the midst of all the confusion over the subs, otherwise he played in midfield (which is by far his best position).

kylelauren01

FF, is it yourself who manages the HYDC webpage & does all the photos? Like the new set up if it is :2thumbsup:

Footballfirst

FF, is it yourself who manages the HYDC webpage & does all the photos? Like the new set up if it is :2thumbsup:

HYDC decided on a new approach to the look and input of content updates of their website. Previously is was myself who did it all, news items, match reports, photographs etc, but they got someone else to do a makeover on the site, which is now on a new host and based on the Wordpress platform. I like the new look too, but I'm still doing most of the updates.

I was asked and agreed to continue providing the football content to the website, while the HYDC committee members add their own bits on events and fundraising. Wordpress isn't the ideal platform for a website which has relied on a lot of images and tables previously, although it is great for text input and for maintaining archives. I don't have anything more than the most basic HTML knowledge so the new setup is a bit limiting for me.

One of the decisions they took was not to retain the historical archive (three seasons' worth) which was a bit disappointing to me, so I have set up a new website myself www.heartsyouth.co.uk (feel free to bookmark) which reflects the old website's archived content. I will update my new website in parallel with the new HYDC website and hopefully add a bit more besides.

The arrangement actually suits me as I will have more scope to do what I want with my own site, e.g. I have added a twitter feed, @HeartsYouthFans (courtesy of "Ross21" and "Jamboinglasgow"). I am in the process of migrating most of the gallery images onto Flickr to provide a more consistent look and make the website files a bit more manageable in size. I may also add a blog in the future.

kylelauren01

FF, thanks for that. Will it be yourself still doing the match photos, team photos, etc. The reason I ask is that my lad is in the u'11's squad and I would be keen to get some action shots of him. You obviously have a far better camera than me as some of your photos are cracking. If you are doing the individual/team photos any time soon I'll need to get him in for a haircut as he currently has a head like a burst couch!!

Footballfirst

FF, thanks for that. Will it be yourself still doing the match photos, team photos, etc. The reason I ask is that my lad is in the u'11's squad and I would be keen to get some action shots of him. You obviously have a far better camera than me as some of your photos are cracking. If you are doing the individual/team photos any time soon I'll need to get him in for a haircut as he currently has a head like a burst couch!!

I will again be taking photographs of all the age groups on a best efforts basis (if it's peeing down I won't be there), but I will probably get photographs of maybe 6 to 8 U11s games over the season. Once there is a gallery up on the either of the new sites, then get in touch with me about any photos you want. Let me know his squad number so that I can at least look out for him. I won't be doing the official Team/Individual photos as HYDC will be getting someone with a better camera than mine to do that (and charge you for copies). For me it's just a hobby and I've never been a photographer.

I do have a PVG (Disclosure) from Hearts though, so they do allow me to take the photos. The parents like it too and have contributed a few hundred pounds in donations to HYDC for copies that I have supplied..

kylelauren01

I will again be taking photographs of all the age groups on a best efforts basis (if it's peeing down I won't be there), but I will probably get photographs of maybe 6 to 8 U11s games over the season. Once there is a gallery up on the either of the new sites, then get in touch with me about any photos you want. Let me know his squad number so that I can at least look out for him. I won't be doing the official Team/Individual photos as HYDC will be getting someone with a better camera than mine to do that (and charge you for copies). For me it's just a hobby and I've never been a photographer.

I do have a PVG (Disclosure) from Hearts though, so they do allow me to take the photos. The parents like it too and have contributed a few hundred pounds in donations to HYDC for copies that I have supplied..

Great, anything would be appreciated. He's not difficult to spot as he's the blonde haired 'keeper and usually goes for the #1 shirt instead of the #13. Contributions to HYDC will be duly made!

Seymour M Hersh

Either or. Probably prefers left/central mid but as a natural left footed player with a bit of dig equally happy to play left back.

Going to be a long second 45. As previous post:

Gordon injured > McKirdy on

Hamilton (GK) red card (pen)

McKirdy tactical sub > Sneddon (GK) on

Buchanan tactical sub > Jones on

Carrick injured - down to 9 before half time.

:uhoh2:

Any more news about the injuries to Gordon and Carrick?

You mention the disclosure ff. I take pictures of my son when he is playing for hearts and always wandered if I am actually allowed to do so.

World has gone pc mad if you ask me when I am scared taking pictures of my own kid playing football.

Never been told to not do it but just curious if I am actually allowed to do so

Footballfirst

You mention the disclosure ff. I take pictures of my son when he is playing for hearts and always wandered if I am actually allowed to do so.

World has gone pc mad if you ask me when I am scared taking pictures of my own kid playing football.

Never been told to not do it but just curious if I am actually allowed to do so

I think that there is an acceptance that it is impossible to enforce a total ban, given that everyone seems to have mobile phones with cameras and video facilities. It is discouraged at kids games due to the PC culture rather than anything else. However If I were you I would continue to take any photos if you want, but respect the wishes of anyone who objects to their own kid being photographed.

John Murray organised a "Disclosure Scotland" for me when I first started the HYDC website (John was a committee member). In the wake of the Craig Thomson debacle it was updated to the new PVG.

I guess I need it because it is semi official, as I sometimes take photographs from inside the barriers on the astro pitch, particularly when they are playing 7 a side. I think I was asked once in the last three years about it, but the parent involved (from an away side) accepted it when I said I had a disclosure and that I was taking photos on behalf of HYDC.

Even at Tynecastle, the use of cameras is technically banned, as part of the TV or other media deals (I think), but I think they will only stop someone with a long lens (offficial photographer types)

I think that there is an acceptance that it is impossible to enforce a total ban, given that everyone seems to have mobile phones with cameras and video facilities. It is discouraged at kids games due to the PC culture rather than anything else. However If I were you I would continue to take any photos if you want, but respect the wishes of anyone who objects to their own kid being photographed.

John Murray organised a "Disclosure Scotland" for me when I first started the HYDC website (John was a committee member). In the wake of the Craig Thomson debacle it was updated to the new PVG.

I guess I need it because it is semi official, as I sometimes take photographs from inside the barriers on the astro pitch, particularly when they are playing 7 a side. I think I was asked once in the last three years about it, but the parent involved (from an away side) accepted it when I said I had a disclosure and that I was taking photos on behalf of HYDC.

Even at Tynecastle, the use of cameras is technically banned, as part of the TV or other media deals (I think), but I think they will only stop someone with a long lens (offficial photographer types)

Our first team is getting so young that the press could be banned from taking pictures.

Archived