Sun and study

lyonjambo

lyonjambo

...just don't mix!!! I have exams in two weeks and every year at this time when I am trying to study the sun comes out and tries to distract me:sad: Also more often than not the last exam brings the rain, this year though the last exam means no more exams ever ;)

Is just not fair....anyone want to sit my exams for me?

BoJack Horseman

The weathers been pretty good up here. Get yourself outside and study. Just don't take a tipple as you get no work done at all.

lyonjambo
The weathers been pretty good up here. Get yourself outside and study. Just don't take a tipple as you get no work done at all.

Yeah tried to study outside yesterday but I fell asleep so was useless! I am gonna take a break and take the dog for a walk up the Pentlands in a bit (I'm not in Aberdeen cos I had an interview yesterday).

Walter Payton
Yeah tried to study outside yesterday but I fell asleep so was useless! I am gonna take a break and take the dog for a walk up the Pentlands in a bit (I'm not in Aberdeen cos I had an interview yesterday).

How did the interview go?

Denny Crane
...just don't mix!!! I have exams in two weeks and every year at this time when I am trying to study the sun comes out and tries to distract me:sad: Also more often than not the last exam brings the rain, this year though the last exam means no more exams ever ;)

Is just not fair....anyone want to sit my exams for me?

Remember this all too well from my Aberdeen days. Admittedly, if you can find yourself a good spot on the King's College lawn it certainly takes the sting out of studying for the exams in the first place....or you could sweat your nuts off at the QM library.

The worst experience was my summer third year exams. Trying to swot up on the restoration of Charles II days after we won the cup back in 98 was nigh on impossible. There by the grace of God that I still did well on that module. Think about it....."With Cromwell's passing, the way was now clear for the House of Stuart to return and reclaim.........ball falls to Adam....GOALLLLLL!!!"

lyonjambo

It went alright thanks, my presentation and reports went quite well and the two interviewers seemed impressed, won't find out for three weeks though because the interviewers are the company secretary and the CFO so needs to fit in with their busyness and I was the first interview!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You should try WORKING when it's like this, then you will see what's not fair!

lyonjambo
Remember this all too well from my Aberdeen days. Admittedly, if you can find yourself a good spot on the King's College lawn it certainly takes the sting out of studying for the exams in the first place....or you could sweat your nuts off at the QM library.

The worst experience was my summer third year exams. Trying to swot up on the restoration of Charles II days after we won the cup back in 98 was nigh on impossible. There by the grace of God that I still did well on that module. Think about it....."With Cromwell's passing, the way was now clear for the House of Stuart to return and reclaim.........ball falls to Adam....GOALLLLLL!!!"

Ha i know the feeling when I lived in Lyon I had an exam on the 13th of May 2006......I actually left early without finishing so I could get to the pub!!!

Mainly for my honours subjects I have to write essays and learn them to rewrte in the exam so sitting in the sun not easy cos cannot see my laptop!.

lyonjambo
You should try WORKING when it's like this, then you will see what's not fair!

Well I do work every summer and I am going to be a bit of a moody student but this being my final year I have been pretty much studying every day from 9-5pm including the weekends! I know it is geeky but I want a good degree!

its scorching in aberdeen.

even got a bit of the sun in my face yesterday!

marshallschunkychicken
Well I do work every summer and I am going to be a bit of a moody student but this being my final year I have been pretty much studying every day from 9-5pm including the weekends! I know it is geeky but I want a good degree!

GET BACK TO THE STUDYING!

lyonjambo

CHEEK! YOU GET BACK TO WORK!!! I have written 2000 words this morning/afternoon so am one essay down four to go!

Cambo_Jambo
Ha i know the feeling when I lived in Lyon I had an exam on the 13th of May 2006......I actually left early without finishing so I could get to the pub!!!

You weren't by any chance an Erasmus student were you? If so did you know my mate Euan because he was there at the same time I think!

lyonjambo
You weren't by any chance an Erasmus student were you? If so did you know my mate Euan because he was there at the same time I think!

Possibly did he drink in the Wallace and Johnny Walshes a lot?

oh wait was he from north berwick but would tell people he was from edinburgh until i pointed out they are not the same place lol?

Cambo_Jambo

Yeah thats the boy. Im from North Berwick also. He told me about walking through a Lyon supporters parade for the French Championship singing Hearts songs and getting some very strange looks!

I absolutely hate this weather when I'm meant to be studying! The two just don't mix.

Exams started today and it must be about 25 degrees down here, and set to get even hotter by the weekend. So unfair :(

If only it would rain for the next couple of weeks I wouldn't mind being stuck in the library quite as much, and then it could get sunny again on the 23rd, preferably at 5pm.

tosheeturtle

I had a research methods exam yesterday (how dull is research methods by the way) anyway had to get up at 6am so i was up in dundee in time to have a look through my notes before the actual exam!! But have to say the best thing is coming out an exam and its sunny outside... just makes me :) so i drove home and went for a nap in the garden :)

still two exams to go though :sad:

lyonjambo

Ha thanks Jamie, you too!

By the way I cannot believe you know solene as well, the world just gets smaller!

I would offer media law help but....I never studied it. Screw this I'm gonna go sit outside.

Good luck

I had a research methods exam yesterday (how dull is research methods by the way) anyway had to get up at 6am so i was up in dundee in time to have a look through my notes before the actual exam!! But have to say the best thing is coming out an exam and its sunny outside... just makes me :) so i drove home and went for a nap in the garden :)

still two exams to go though :sad:

Yeah its great coming out into the sun, I walked the hour home after mine today, just isn't fun when you have to go back inside and start studying again!

Its cloudy here today :)

Makes it a lot easier to be sat inside. Is still too hot though

conn artist
Its cloudy here today :)

Makes it a lot easier to be sat inside. Is still too hot though

tell me about it, been sudying all week with the sun blazin, exam this morning come out and its raining! bet its like this all weekend too when i'm having a break before startin the studying again for the next exam. sods law.

tell me about it, been sudying all week with the sun blazin, exam this morning come out and its raining! bet its like this all weekend too when i'm having a break before startin the studying again for the next exam. sods law.

Solution - study while its raining and then you won't have to do as much when its sunny again.

Sadly the sun has now come out here again and I want to go outside :sad:

I've got 2 essays due for Monday the 19th. The sun really isn't helping.

It's cloudy in Stirling just now, and where am I? On ****ing KB, as forcing myself to write an essay while the sun's been shining has resulted in me losing the will to live.

Archived