Tonight's line-up

iainmo51

Haven't seen a thread yet so, fire on who you think should start

For me, same as Sun, with Walker starting for injured Stevo.

Can't see any reason to change winning team. Not sure, or heard of any niggles or anything....

Same as last weekend with King replacing Stevo.

This. IMO Walker is a bit Hot and Cold atm. Would like to give King a string of games

Gregory House M.D.

:lol:

Feel free to merge mine with this MODS.

This. IMO Walker is a bit Hot and Cold atm. Would like to give King a string of games

I considered that and hard to disagree, I just think in an away game like this, Walker has a tad more experience and maybe King will benefit more from feeling his way into the team a bit.

Wouldn't be upset if King starts though. (unless I've just dropped my KFC on the deck or something, but that'll no be Lockie's fault)

Gregory House M.D.

I considered that and hard to disagree, I just think in an away game like this, Walker has a tad more experience and maybe King will benefit more from feeling his way into the team a bit.

Wouldn't be upset if King starts though. (unless I've just dropped my KFC on the deck or something, but that'll no be Lockie's fault)

At the same time we can't have any passengers at away games and on current form that's what Walker will be.

I've put Paterson up front with King on the right of my line up because I know Paterson will now be in there. Personally though, I'd still stick Gary Oliver up front and put Paterson on the right with Smith on the left for a bit of extra defensive cover.

Completely agree. King is already looking better than walker for me.

TyphoonJambo

I would like to see Tapping play some part, I think he covers a lot of ground and could do a job steadying the middle.

King or walker in for Stevo. Main thing today is to get Holt on the ball in advanced positions. If he gets space with King Walker or Smith (2 of those 3) with Paterson up top we have a good chance.

Main thing tonight is to stay tight. 0-0 is a good result.

Gregory House M.D.

May as well add my line up to here.

MacDonald

McGowan McKay Wilson McHattie

Hamill Robinson

King Holt Smith

Paterson

Purely because Paterson deserves a chance to improve his goal tally. I'd really however prefer:

MacDonald

Hamill Robinson

Paterson Holt Smith

Oliver

Hungry hippo

For me, same as Sun, with Walker starting for injured Stevo.

Can't see any reason to change winning team. Not sure, or heard of any niggles or anything....

Guaranteed.

I think we'll line up

Macdonald

Mcgowan-Mckay-Wilson-McHattie

Hamill-Robinson

King-Holt-Smith

Paterson

So no one thinks we should rest mchattie?

Only McGhee could replace him though and he's played as many games as McHattie this season with 90's against N.Ire on Tuesday.

Walker will probably start

MacDonald

McGowan

Wilson

McKay

McHattie

Walker

Robinson

Hamill

Smith

Holt

Paterson

Walker will probably start

MacDonald

McGowan

Wilson

McKay

McHattie

Walker

Robinson

Hamill

Smith

Holt

Paterson

This will and probably should be the team.

Really gutted about Stevo. We need him. If these players want to play top flight football next season then these are the games they must win.

So no one thinks we should rest mchattie?

One poster who has selected him in two teams above, said he should be dropped rested earlier in the week.

BobbyJenkins

Same team as last week for me apart from Billy King in instead of Walker. Cue a screamer from Walker...

Gregory House M.D.

One poster who has selected him in two teams above, said he should be dropped rested earlier in the week.

He should IMO to regain his fitness and form. However having thought about it he is the only LB we have.

I'd play both McKay and McHattie, it'll be a big test of their character to see if they bounce back after the U21 debacle.

He should IMO to regain his fitness and form. However having thought about it he is the only LB we have.

Regain form? I really don't get this chat on McHattie, he was great against Hibs and Scotland has nothing to do with his performance for Hearts. The time will come for certain players to be rested, and that's not here yet.

MacDonald

Robinson Hamill

Holt

King Walker

Paterson

or

MacDonald

Robinson Hamill

Tapping Holt

Walker

Paterson

MacDonald

Robinson Hamill

Holt

King Walker

Paterson

or

MacDonald

Robinson Hamill

Tapping Holt

Walker

Paterson

Don't think Smith deserves to be dropped.

Jambof3tornado

Both good prospects but king has a better work ethic to help track back. Makes walker look lazy.

MacDonald

Hamill Robinson

Walker Holt Smith

Paterson

Agreed as well. Walker needs to re-focus. Maybe being on the bench, and coming on with the opposition having tired legs, will help him

• Hearts have only ever lost once to Partick Thistle in the Scottish Top Tier
  • Partick Thistle have kept just one clean sheet against Hearts in the Scottish Top Tier they have met six times prior to this game.
  • The side from Glasgow have scored just three goals in their last five league meetings against Hearts.

• Hearts have only ever lost once to Partick Thistle in the Scottish Top Tier
  • Partick Thistle have kept just one clean sheet against Hearts in the Scottish Top Tier they have met six times prior to this game.
  • The side from Glasgow have scored just three goals in their last five league meetings against Hearts.

So were a stick on to get beat then. :uhoh2:

HeartofMidlothianFC

Team to face Partick Thistle (4-3-3): Macdonald; McGowan, McKay, Wilson, McHattie; Robinson, Hamill, Holt; Smith, Paterson, Walker.

Subs: Ridgers, Carrick, B. King, Tapping, Nicholson, Oliver, McGhee.

Archived