Was just thinking...

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

If we come out of this 'smelling of roses' for lack of a better term. What are we going to be like?

I know we'll have a lot more stability etc. but, and I feel a bit weird saying this, it might all get a bit dull.

I'm 23 years old and for asking as I can remember following Hearts it's been mental.

We've been about to go out the game, move to Murrayfield, radge Russian owners came in, some random boy with one leg picking the team, Vera and her magic stick, some of the best players who'll ever grace tynecastle, some of the worst, the weeks we spent thinking we could finally win the league before imploding, some crazy bouts of vlad flu, a wee jaunt into the champions league and, who can forget two Scottish cups.

Are we actually going to just have to talk about football now?

CloustonHMFC

Im in the same kind of mindset, I'm 21 and I can just remember Robinsons final years at Tynecastle then Mr Romanov came along and well the madness is all I've really known! So now I'm thinking things may a bit dull and boring after this mess is cleared up

Well I'm 52 and as well as what you state I've been through relegation,in fighting ,the Mercer years,haggarts hearts,seith must go!Texaco cup years ,always the bridesmaid,Leipzig lions,ford Gibson Busby,Robbo, three cups..........tell you what kids following the JTs will never be boring.

I'll be quite happy for the club to be a bit more normal.

I've enjoyed the last years but it was like being in a relationship with a volatile drunk.

The fans ideas bring implemented is s fantastic prospect.

But let's just hope we are looking at a bright future in time. We're not nearly there yet.

Well I'm 52 and as well as what you state I've been through relegation,in fighting ,the Mercer years,haggarts hearts,seith must go!Texaco cup years ,always the bridesmaid,Leipzig lions,ford Gibson Busby,Robbo, three cups..........tell you what kids following the JTs will never be boring.

This!

Following Hearts has never been and never will be normal or boring :thumbsup:

Maroon Sailor

There's always something going on with Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Never a dull moment

I actually feel a resurgence of feelgood amongst the fans.

Lets be honest, apart from the big ocassion, the fans have been punch drunk with the carry on at the club over the last few years and have been subdued with the uncertainty...................... and just want some sort of normality.

Some sort of normality but with the excitement of a new era under new owners and eventually back to building a team within our means. Also seeing the young talent at the club grow under a proper football environment.

I think we`ll all be refreshed and rejuvenated if we come through this.

Well, I'm 66!

First game in 1956!

NEVER a dull moment!

Some awful ones, not least going 36 years without winning anything and last day disasters - but, never a dull moment.

If we come out of this ok we should continue down the route of bringing through our own players with the occasional experienced players being added to compliment, and not stifle the conveyor belt of youth players we bring through. I also hope we have in the foundation clever people to grow the club through business connections in Edinburgh so we can get our stadium sorted. The one thing the last few months have showed is that our support has pulled together in our hour of need. Long may it continue.

I crave stability but do have some sympathy for the OP's concerns. That said, one of my first memories of Hearts is the transfer ban for not paying for someone on time - Pettigrew? Plus ca change and all that. It's never going to be that boring following HMFC, being part of the biggest supporter owned club in Scotland will continue the theme. Imagine following hibs?????

The stability and just being able to focus on the football will be a welcome change.

The one thing I fear is the minute that it's announced that we're out of the woods, I'm scared the fans will once again slowly drop off in terms of attending games.

It's been great having such good crowds to our last couple of games and another big away crowd expected tomorrow too. But, it seems like it's purely because of our circumstances.

I'm dreading the day we go back to 12,000 strong crowds in league matches.

Our crowds now are no surprise at all really as we know we really do have the fanbase because even when the fans aren't trying their hardest, we still piss over the vast majority of other SPL clubs both at home and on the road. But it really does show just how big a club we are when we take crowds of 4,000 up to places like Perth.

Gorgie_Rules

We could be in a very strong position once (if) the FoH loan is paid back and all pledges go towards the running of the club, assuming they dont drop off.

With the right manager, and the same fortunes with youth as we are having at the moment, we could be going into every season looking to finish 3rd (with sevco) and challenging for cups season after season. A few trips to Europe and Hampden most seasons and hammering hibs as usual should be the aim. Would be great to look forward to that every pre-season rather than counting ticket sales, encouraging pals to put their hands in their pockets and wondering whether we'll see out the season.

As far as I'm aware Hearts have always been on the brink of going bust, I don't see that changing significantly even with fan ownership. We'll always be scraping around for the pennies - that's what makes the good times sweeter.

Craig Levein's football was pretty boring and he had to cut back alot of the squad similar to now, but we still had Bordeuax/Basle/Braga, DeVries, Valois, Gordon, Hartley etc...

Hartley Jambo.

Depends whether smelling of roses includes staying up.

I think the fans will still turn up in big numbers for the next season if not, but we need to come up.

If we stay up (I think we can) then I think we will carry a decent support next season also, but a lot depends beyond that on how we strengthen next summer.

Performance on the park will always affect attendances. Hope we have the funds to get a better squad.

Stability is great, but it needs to be at the right level on the park IMO.

Not looking for huge improvements at once, that's unrealistic, but we need to keep showing signs of improvement to keep the crowds up.

I would expect us to slowing take back 3rd and expand the stadium start to make europa league group stages and challenge for 2nd (every few years) with the odd cup win here and there

Motherwell will decline

Dundee utd will go through this

Aberdeen Darkhorse, Honestly got no clue they could potentially dominate under mcInnes

Hibs LOLOLOLOLOL

and the rest will just remain up and down

We 100% cannot allow ourselves to be goaded into paying silly money for journeymen

Buy average players fine, but pay them what their worth and use the youth to add energy and flare

Watch the balance sheet I think we could eventually pull 30k+ if we were run right and ticket prices were reasonable

I am a kick on the erse of 49 and remember most of the above and love it. Never a dull moment but some dull yins.

Since I've been following HMFC we have always been on the crest of something, relegation, promotion, cup wins and going bust.

I love Us.

If we manage to stay up this season then I think we will all be celebrating on the day it's confirmed as much as we celebrated any of our SC wins. The young guns will be heroes and the fans will be bouncing so no problems for next seasons crowds.

If we're relegated, then as long as we take it to the wire & go down fighting then I believe the old siege mentality will kick in and we will retain crowds for another season at least. It's what happens after that should we fail to get back up right away that will give cause for concern.

A team full of homegrown Scotland internationals pumping Hibs and winning shit will never be dull!

And there will always, always, be some off-field psycho going on. Only way we can function. Ian Murray MP will turn out to be a transformer or something. Or Batman

This. It's been brilliant.

At the moment, adversity is the glue that's holding us together. There are undoubtedly interesting times ahead. Boring? We're on the brink of fan ownership for the first time ever. What will that be like? We also need to consider what it is we want to have on the pitch. There's a difference in what you can have with 16,000-odd fans turning up every other week as opposed to 11 or 12,000 odd fans. To attract those 4 or 5,000, though, we'll need something to replace the adversity.

I think there are lots of interesting times ahead. You don't support Hearts if you don't like roller-coasters.

Well said ! For as long as i can remember, (and i'm 65,) there has always been something to 'seethe' about despair about, and celebrate about Hearts.

But wouldn't have it any other way... :2thumbsup:

Archived