Uv Hud a Hamill..........

Clerry Jambo

The Great Khali

Last week before the derby SSN had a video of the team training and one of the players had "AM THE DONKEY OF THE WEEK" on their bib :lol:

Shan chat and a waste of money on letters and bibs.

No wonder we're no getting oot of admiustrashun.

Hopefully people appreciate the value of Jamie Hamill to the team , especially in present circumstances . Messi he isn't but he does a great job

The contrast in the camp just now and the camp in the other other end of the city is outrageous! Big three points tomorrow lads keep it up please!

Hopefully people appreciate the value of Jamie Hamill to the team , especially in present circumstances . Messi he isn't but he does a great job

Indeed.

Not my cuppa at RB but a very capable midfielder.

MOM for us in the first two games as well.

Keep it up Jamie.

All today with the roasting he got on here and twitter during pre season. Glad to see he has taken it in his stride. :thumbsup:

seems to be a togetherness about the whole club, you could see that in the way the players come over to the fans at games

wonderful club & players, the fans dae awrite a s'pose :cool4::tt2:

He's sh*te.

He tries hard but has the ability of a first division player at best.

If it wasn't for the fact that he took a pay cut, he'd be the first player I'd show the door to with Stevenson a close 2nd.

Gregory House M.D.

He's sh*te.

If it wasn't for the fact that he took a pay cut, he'd be the first player I'd show the door to with Stevenson a close 2nd.

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Seymour M Hersh

He's sh*te.

Now that's what you call a supporter.

Well at least one you'd find at fester road.

Now that's what you call a supporter.

Well at least one you'd find at fester road.

I've tried and tried many times to like Hamill but I just can't. I'll always support him when he's in a Hearts jersey but I just don't see him fit to wear the maroon. He'd get nowhere near any of our squads between 2000-2009 with maybe the expection of the 07-08 squad.

As for Stevenson. My bitterness towards him is down to the way he stormed out the club in a huff a couple of seasons ago, only to return 6 months later when no one else wanted him. Since he's returned, he has brought nothing to the club except one good performance in the League Cup final, which I applaud him for. Shame that none of his fellow team mates felt the same desire to win on that day too.

He's the post-Romanov era Neil McFarlane

I like him

Whilst I appreciate all the good that he did in his time with us - and there was plenty (even if many couldn't/wouldn't see it) - that emboldened phrase has a nice ring to it.

And back on topic... :D

fabienleclerq

He's sh*te.

I'd say he has been our best player in the two games so far. Covered so much ground vs hubs.

Yet you would bin our most experienced players? Thank god you're not in charge.

Hungry hippo

We need a ball winner and he's the only player to have stepped up to the mark. If he can do the dirty work it means we can afford a luxury player (ie Holt} in the team. This is looking the best option based on the first couple of games of the season.

Teuchterjambo

He's sh*te.

He is never a full back in a thousand years but is a competent midfielder and right now though not a woorld beater is a very important cog in the wheel. If you are judging him as a midfielder and with soem perspective of where we are and what we need at the moment then..... frankly your judgement is poor.

BTW ... I agree with you on Stevenson but maybe not for the same reasons.

He's sh*te.

He was superb against that lot. If he keeps that up all season he could single handly get us out of relegation. Unbelievable comment to make

I don't like him at right back, but playing in centre midfield he looks a lot better. His shooting from distance isn't bad and could prove valuable as we haven't looked like creating a lot of chances so far.

I'd say he has been our best player in the two games so far. Covered so much ground vs hubs.

Yet you would bin our most experienced players? Thank god you're not in charge.

It's a sad state of affairs when your relying on someone of his quality. I'd rather Webster stayed and we punted Hamill.

He's been playing in midfield the last 2 games and that's the one position where we are well covered.

In both the St Johnstone game and the Hibs game he attempted to play a pass in which he totally missed the ball.

Dire isn't the word.

He is never a full back in a thousand years but is a competent midfielder and right now though not a woorld beater is a very important cog in the wheel. If you are judging him as a midfielder and with soem perspective of where we are and what we need at the moment then..... frankly your judgement is poor.

BTW ... I agree with you on Stevenson but maybe not for the same reasons.

Agreed about the full back thing, he's far too slow and doesn't have much of an end product so was useless going forward.

I was hoping he'd slot in better in the midfield as that's where he played at Killie and appeared to do well there, but he's still not convinced me. From what I've seen, it appears as though Locke has given him somewhat of a free role in midfield allowing him to drift across the middle of the park. Yet, when we're in possession he provides very little option and doesn't look lively until we've lost possession again.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong as that's what I want from Hearts players but I'm convinced other midfielders like Holt, Tapping etc. Are already better than Hamill.

I like him

:spoton:

And it's for this reason that I'm in. :thumbsup:

He was superb against that lot. If he keeps that up all season he could single handly get us out of relegation. Unbelievable comment to make

He was decent against Hibs and it was most probably one of his better performances in a Hearts jersey, yet I don't think that takes an awful lot of beating.

I feel bad in a way as he is a likeable guy and I love his spirit, but how he's made a career out of football is beyond me. Will make a good coach one day though.

I like him

McFarlane had better hair and slightly more ability.

I've tried and tried many times to like Hamill but I just can't. I'll always support him when he's in a Hearts jersey but I just don't see him fit to wear the maroon. He'd get nowhere near any of our squads between 2000-2009 with maybe the expection of the 07-08 squad.

As for Stevenson. My bitterness towards him is down to the way he stormed out the club in a huff a couple of seasons ago, only to return 6 months later when no one else wanted him. Since he's returned, he has brought nothing to the club except one good performance in the League Cup final, which I applaud him for. Shame that none of his fellow team mates felt the same desire to win on that day too.

This is 2013 things have changes we're in the keek and thank feck we have him. What a performance V the vermin. Need a lot more of this to help with balance in the team and bring on the young uns, for the rest of this season too. Support the team ffs.

This is 2013 things have changes we're in the keek and thank feck we have him. What a performance V the vermin. Need a lot more of this to help with balance in the team and bring on the young uns, for the rest of this season too. Support the team ffs.

I am supporting the team. :lol: There's nothing more I can do to show support the team as I'm doing everything possible.

I'm merely commenting on one player who I think is not Hearts quality, whether we're up sh*t creek or no.

He was decent vs Hibs and didn't make as many mistakes as usual but not the best on the park by a long shot.

fabienleclerq

It's a sad state of affairs when your relying on someone of his quality. I'd rather Webster stayed and we punted Hamill.

He's been playing in midfield the last 2 games and that's the one position where we are well covered.

In both the St Johnstone game and the Hibs game he attempted to play a pass in which he totally missed the ball.

Dire isn't the word.

Aye but we didn't and Jamie will be on far less than Webster was. See when you say players of his quality, I understand he doesn't have holts technique but he has other qualities than holt doesn't. Like I said before our best player so far, gets the team fired up does the dirty work so others can play and IMO will hit a couple of goals for us this year.

11 Jason holts wouldn't win games you need balance.

Victor Mancini

btw Jamie Hamills shot in the 2nd half from outside the box in the derby was a cracker, if he's on pens and free kicks i wouldn't be surprised if he's to be our top scorer this year

The guy that, as Paulo noticed, is at training the earliest and leaves the latest?

Because he needs it the most?

Whats with all the hate on jamie ?

I think hes brilliant. I mean I think he knows his own ability, He's not skillful but plays to his strengths and for that he is a useful player to have he also brings 100% commitment effort and attitude.

People need to lay the **** off him and understand Yes we've had better but where are they now ?

Far too many journeymen and money grabbers have been through hearts credit to jamie for showing the desire to play for the jersey. I think he would probably get his game for almost every SPL club with exceptions of Celtic and perhaps motherwell and dundee utd (possibly aberdeen as well after their revamp) So we are lucky to have him.

Patrick Bateman

Folk ripping a decent player who scored important goals en route to a cup win, then took a wage cut to stay with the club at a time of crisis? Really? Some folk need to get a grip.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Folk ripping a decent player who scored important goals en route to a cup win, then took a wage cut to stay with the club at a time of crisis? Really? Some folk need to get a grip.

Well said.

Doctor FinnBarr

Eh, apart from Motherwell.

I'm not having a good week.

Anyone fancy explaining "Uv hud a Hamill" to me?

Dire isn't the word.

He also nearly scored 2 screamers in the Hibs game, but lets overlook that. I wonder if anyone else missed the ball or misplaced a couple of passes in those games. Probably eh. Not that it would matter cos you need a scapegoat (quite clearly) and it's gona be Jamie. He was also knocked out cold, got up, played on, was MOTM. You bang yer drum though.

Hammil's tough as nuts and has a bit of football in him too. He'll score atleast 4 or 5 this season too. We need scruff of the neck types in midfield this season and he'll do.

My biggest bugbear with him is his discipline - he'll give away a needless foul or two and pick up bookings most weeks (we can ill-afford suspensions). Just what you get with his type of player, but he needs to think about it imo.

Jambof3tornado

I thought it was a training bib given by jamie to someone he had tackled hard (but fairly) in training.

Tommy Wiseau

Not Hearts standard.

MOTM in one of the most important derby wins in recent years.

Oops.

Now I fully appreciate that we all have opinions on the current squad but we are where we are and have to get on with it and likely for the duration of the season.

I was under the impression that there was a moratorium on JKB at this time to support our club and give up on the lets all have heated debates about the ability of our current players and pick on one in particular to vent all our anger at for the season.

This sort of thread started really well and has degenerated into the old ways, as usual, and we need to be stopping it now before we do untold harm to the young guys that are trying to keep us in theSPFL Premiership.

If the young guns (the average age of the squad is under 20 years I think) manage to keep us, and it is a massive ask, I would rather it was with JKB's help rather than despite JKB's efforts.

Get it together peeps and HHGH

Chris Benoit

If you're shite in training you get the donkey of the week bib to wear. Has "Uv hud a Hamill" written on it.

Folk need to lay off, Jamie will be a very important player for us this season and could be the difference between us staying up or not.

heartgarfunkel

Paterson needs to embrace his inner Busby and grow that tache the **** out.

Do it Callum. Just do it.

Hamill and Stevo work their backsides off in training, then head back home west and go to the gym together at night.

Hamill was MOTM and Stevo got injured fighting for the cause.

Yes by all accounts Stevo in particular doesn't carry himself too well off the pitch, the time he left us, drink driving and now dumping his Mrs if the stories I've heard are to be believed.

And yes, on ability, they wouldn't have got into some of our better teams in the past few years.

But if we are judging guys on their performance and effort - which is the main thing I judge players on... You can't fault either of them.

WTF is the point in having a go at them now? The combination of voluntary wages cuts and effort should make them as close to immune from criticism as any professional footballer can be.

The People's Chimp

He's sh*te.

He was MOTM on Sunday, any thoughts on that?

Gregory House M.D.

Dire isn't the word.

:rofl:

Webster was a waste of a Jersey for his final season. Absolutely honking.

kind of player that will be very important this season due to squad size and registration ban.

kind of player that wont get a game in a few years time when the youngsters mature and we are bossing a top 3 finish on a regular basis

but then we need players like hamill and stevo to get there

Think a few folk need a reality check on what quality of player we will be able to sign if we survive admin. If the club is to be run within its means then I think a lot of people will be in for a shock.

Think a few folk need a reality check on what quality of player we will be able to sign if we survive admin. If the club is to be run within its means then I think a lot of people will be in for a shock.

Hammil's the type of boy we will and should be signing. The best from the rest, doable on SPL budget (so, we can't get Johnny Russel/MacKay-Stevens, but we could get maybe a Murray Davidson/Brittain of Ross County).

Hammil was very good in a variety of positions at Killie. He hasn't actualy replicated that form for us - yet.

We_are_the_Hearts

We will still have a bigger budget than every team bar Celtic so the quality of player will be fine.

Gregory House M.D.

Hammil's the type of boy we will and should be signing. The best from the rest, doable on SPL budget (so, we can't get Johnny Russel/MacKay-Stevens, but we could get maybe a Murray Davidson/Brittain of Ross County).

Hammil was very good in a variety of positions at Killie. He hasn't actualy replicated that form for us - yet.

Killie fans didn't rate him highly at all TBH. Say he won his move to Hearts on the back of Eremenko. Not that I give a **** if he keeps putting in MoTM performances like both games this season.

I am supporting the team. :lol: There's nothing more I can do to show support the team as I'm doing everything possible.

I'm merely commenting on one player who I think is not Hearts quality, whether we're up sh*t creek or no.

He was decent vs Hibs and didn't make as many mistakes as usual but not the best on the park by a long shot.

You'll need to explain what "Hearts quality" is? Sounds very much like this "Hibs Class" mantra that they preach down the road.

Sure he's not as talented as many who have pulled on the Maroon but he's a dam sight more committed and in some case has more ability than some of the dross we've seen make a fair amount of appearances for Hearts.

That aside his importance to the team this season puts him up there with some of the great Hearts players (not technically) if he can continue to show the commitment, leadership and influence he has in the last two games then he and these young players might just get us out this mess.

Archived