Under 20 League

hmfc4life1991

hmfc4life1991

Love how the Under 20 league starts tonight, Hearts are away to Partick Thistle yet no one know anything about it, and Hearts haven't posted anything about it

Was under the impression it was at Firhill tomorrow night??

was it at firhill tomorrow night? :bucktooth: :bucktooth: :bucktooth:

hmfc4life1991

Hmm well on the fixture release it said tonight. Not seen anywhere it had changed. Although with Partick 1st team at home tonight it would make sense

jamboinglasgow

Hmm well on the fixture release it said tonight. Not seen anywhere it had changed. Although with Partick 1st team at home tonight it would make sense

The new SPFL has a fixture list for under 20 games

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/

its says tomorrow night at 7pm at Firhill. Bit disappointed as if it was tonight I could have and would have gone, but cant go tomorrow night.

Hungry hippo

I think it's unlikely we'll need to worry about the maximum number of overage players in a game this season.

Footballfirst

We're are we playing games this year? Tynie or Riccarton?

I've heard that we are going back to Nitten. Don't know how firm the info is though.

Tonight's U20 scores

Aberdeen 0-1 Inverness CT - Balmoor, 6pm

Celtic 1-0 Dundee United - Almondvale, 7pm

Dunfermline 3-2 St Mirren - East End Park, 7pm

Hamilton Accies 0-0 Rangers - Excelsior Stadium, 7pm

Kilmarnock 0-1 Motherwell - Rugby Park, 7pm

Ross County 2-4 Hibernian - Grant Street Park, 7pm

St Johnstone 1-2 Falkirk - Ochilview, 1pm

Aberdeen, Celtic, Hamilton, Ross Co. and St Johnstone not using their own grounds. I don't know how many more will do likewise.

willywarmer

St Johnstone weren't using their own ground only because it would have been 3 home games in a week

I'd imagine the squad will include

Hamilton

Adam king, McGhee, Gordon, Oliver, Nicholson & the new full time boys - Beith, Scott, etc

I've heard that we are going back to Nitten. Don't know how firm the info is though.

Tonight's U20 scores

Aberdeen 0-1 Inverness CT - Balmoor, 6pm

Celtic 1-0 Dundee United - Almondvale, 7pm

Dunfermline 3-2 St Mirren - East End Park, 7pm

Hamilton Accies 0-0 Rangers - Excelsior Stadium, 7pm

Kilmarnock 0-1 Motherwell - Rugby Park, 7pm

Ross County 2-4 Hibernian - Grant Street Park, 7pm

St Johnstone 1-2 Falkirk - Ochilview, 1pm

Aberdeen, Celtic, Hamilton, Ross Co. and St Johnstone not using their own grounds. I don't know how many more will do likewise.

Was hoping Tynie to make a few, not as easy to make Nitten

I guess with the size of our squad, this has become a real old-fashioned reserve league for us. Like in the old days when it would be to keep your options on the bench match fit (Ridgers, B King, Holt, Smith) and give others on the fringes a chance to show what they can do (Hamilton, A King, Oliver, McGhee, Nicholson). And then a chance for the (pre-pubescent this season!) younger ones to play above themselves (Beith, Scott).

Kinda how it should be imo and the best use of it. Reason it should be an u23 league in general, though that doesn't matter for us this season!

Feed The Goat

Young lad I used hto coach at cavalry park is sub keeper tonight Jamie Sneddon, doesnt turn 16 till september. Ridgers starts

Harry Palmer

Taken from Twitter....tonight's team?

Hearts U20: Ridgers, L Smith, Beith, Gordon, McGhee, A King, Buchanan, McKirdy, Oliver, Nicholson, Carrick

Subs: Daniels, Craigie, Simpson, Jones, Scott, I Smith, Sneddon

Harry Palmer

Twitter update: Dale Carrick subbed after 41mins apparently, strugglin' for Sunday(probably?), Sam Daniels on.

newyearsday97

Just noticed Saints U-20s were also playing. Like Hearts, there was nothing on our club website about this. Poor from both clubs to be fair. I work nights and if I'd known Saints U-20s were playing this afternoon, I'd have gone along.

Just noticed Saints U-20s were also playing. Like Hearts, there was nothing on our club website about this. Poor from both clubs to be fair. I work nights and if I'd known Saints U-20s were playing this afternoon, I'd have gone along.

Except there was article about tonight's game on the Hearts website this morning.

Footballfirst

Good comeback from the youngsters tonight. They kept plugging away in the second half, increasingly dominating possession, and the goals eventually came. The first in 85mins was a beauty from Gary Oliver with a left foot chip over the keeper. (Darren Murray had just had a go at him a few minutes earlier for not trusting himself to shoot with his left peg). The second after 89 minutes was a training ground routine from a throw in. Liam Smith fed Ian Smith, who slipped a reverse pass to Gary Oliver in the box and he showed good composure to stroke the ball into the far corner of the net.

The penalty for the Thistle goal was a bad one to give away. Jordan McGhee and Adam KIng combined to give the ball away about 30 yards out. Jordan recovered and attempted to play the ball out for a corner but caught his man close by the bye line.

Sam Nicholson was different class tonight and I suspect he will be on the bench for Sunday.

Dale Carrick came off with a knee problem and is likely to miss out on Sunday.

what position does nicholson play? is he not a winger?

we were just discussing our options in that area.

FF Oliver scored a good goal vs Raith pre season then 2 again tonight, do you think we can expect to see him in the first team anytime soon?

Chris Benoit

Think he is

Was really impressed by Liam Gordon tonight, he's a big laddie. Him and Jordan McGhee are the future at the back.

Footballfirst

Yes although he has played more centrally in midfield in some games.

FF Oliver scored a good goal vs Raith pre season then 2 again tonight, do you think we can expect to see him in the first team anytime soon?

Anyone could be in the first team soon, particularly if we get injuries. Gary is still a bit lightweight and a bit of a confidence player, but I still think he will get a chance from the bench before too long.

Was really impressed by Liam Gordon tonight, he's a big laddie. Him and Jordan McGhee are the future at the back.

Liam certainly seems to have bulked up this season, but I thought that the two central defenders didn't play as well as they can tonight. Their striker was a bit of a handful for them.

Alwaysinourshadows

Carrick subbed as in frame for Sunday? Quoted by Locke earlier in week.

I bloody hope not

Liam certainly seems to have bulked up this season, but I thought that the two central defenders didn't play as well as they can tonight. Their striker was a bit of a handful for them.

I was impressed that they were willing to take risks and not just launch the ball at every attempt.

Agree BA the back four were happy to get the ball and pass their way out without launching the ball up the park. I was impressed by a lot of the play today. Hearts are a very young side and will make mistakes but as long as their not overly criticised they look capable of developing into very good players.

I was impressed that they were willing to take risks and not just launch the ball at every attempt.

Sounds like a good result & decent enough performance from a very young u20s side. That's the level of team liked to be sent out most weeks I'd imagine!

I'm hoping to go to the game next week whilst back from America

The Treasurer

The second after 89 minutes was a training ground routine from a throw in.

You mean we have a training ground routine that actually worked !!!!!!!

Archived