Trainers

The People's Chimp

the general

Love a good pair of trainers me.

Opted for the JKB classic and got some maroon gazelles when I spotted them a couple of months ago.

13626661534283015520wf.jpg

That'll do.

Those D&C efforts, though

:cornette::gok:

Thinking about getting some Converse, or Vans as my next choice.

I bought a pair of the maroon gazelle indoors

plus a couple of pairs of the Adidas / Bathing Ape colabs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maroon trainers? Really?

Great on a football shirt. Shan on footwear.

18-07-2011_adi_gazelle_maroon_det__0001_._2.jpg

Anyone who says they're anything other than magnificent is on crack.

a07d5_pima-12-620x488.jpg

For me at the moment.

I've got the maroon gazelles too.

Got these too, quality trainers

Franklin Delano Bluth

Maroon trainers? Really?

Great on a football shirt. Shan on footwear.

Maroon is good on shoes. Maroon converse are classy too. Dark colour so perfectly acceptable, imo.

I just picked up a pair of Jordan 3 infareds.

Nice. Fives have always been my favourites, but anything up to the sevens is quality. All easy to sell on too - just sold a pair of well used fives, unboxed for ?70, the same price I paid for them.

Not really buying much other than Cons, Vans, Jack Purcell, Superga etc these days. Still got a few pairs of AM1s, 180s, dunks etc though which get worn occasionally.

Guest C00l K1d

Inb4 Baby Jake starts. (4.40pm, CBeebies)

Might watch cbeebies.

Still dont wear denim duck and covers

I guess I'd better get myself a pipe and book a week off work.

I'd take more than a week mate.

Maroon is good on shoes. Maroon converse are classy too. Dark colour so perfectly acceptable, imo.

:Agree:

Maroon Adidas Nizza's for this cat right now.

Franklin Delano Bluth

:Agree:

Maroon Adidas Nizza's for this cat right now.

Low top? Very nice, sir.

Im still trying to hunt a pair of yellow Adidas either Kopenhagens or Gazelle 2 with the blue stripes without breaking the bank.

Low top? Very nice, sir.

Yup, low top all the way. :thumbsup:

Haven't wore high tops since I was a young pup, don't think I could pull them off now. :lol:

ArcticJambo

These are the last trainers I bought.

Surely a wind-up.

Didn't the Spice Girls wear shoes like those. :ninja:

Still wear these for scuffing around outside the house (bought about 15yrs back) ... slight deviation from the usual Nastases and Stan Smiths I've always had kicking around for years. They hold up well if you don't wear them in 80 degree heat.

1587859.jpg?1359121216

However, must say I much prefer running shoes these days, if I'm going the 'trainer' route Otherwise it's the brown or light tan wallabies/desert boots.

Sneaker Culture ... I was reading an article in one of the papers recently ... below are a couple of links (couldn't find the more recent article about celeb sneaker designers ... basically on MTV cribs, all those shoes you see are virtually only used once as you can't have Jay-Z with a scuff on his air force ones or Bjork with a meshed running shoe full of dust. Anyway, ...

http://life.national...neaker-culture/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eUxy32WVCVs

Carl Weathers

The NB X Herschel stuff looks interesting, not sure about the paisley pattern though.

herschel-supply-co-x-new-balance-collection-5.jpg

Best on this thread.

ArcticJambo

You might be right but they still look like a modern version of something my mum would have bought me from Asda c.1982.

ArcticJambo

These gym shoes for this fashionista.

I'd give them a second look if the white/cream rubber band was less tall.

Roger ... failed cross-country try-outs relegated to running with the different kids who didn't like the rough sports. Nap.

Tommy Wiseau

This was a big problem I found with a lot of shoes I looked at today. Maybe I've just got too old for trainers or wasn't in the right frame of mind for shopping today, but the shite on display in Office etc was brutal. Luminous pink and strange design flaws as far as the eye can see.

ArcticJambo

This was a big problem I found with a lot of shoes I looked at today. Maybe I've just got too old for trainers or wasn't in the right frame of mind for shopping today, but the shite on display in Office etc was brutal. Luminous pink and strange design flaws as far as the eye can see.

I'm with you there Tommy. The Blue New Balance posted by TPC that CW rates highest would be fine if they didn't have that gimmicky wee gold/brass thingy on the front. In most cases there is always something that ****s up a good pair of trainers. The NBs I posted back up there ... I checked almost every possible place in Ottawa and finally ended up with those ... the pic doesn't really do them justice ... they're more 'sleek'. Shopping is a nightmare, even for stuff I don't mind shopping for, like trainers.

BoJack Horseman

Roger ... failed cross-country try-outs relegated to running with the different kids who didn't like the rough sports. Nap.

You've got to have the big baws for the big shoes. They come with a lower profile, and it's not that tall a sole, it just wraps over the toe.

6fa8c480e3c6c2231e121c9eb3156660.jpg

Strange time to have a pop at my sporting prowess. Not that I have any.

These have been my favourites for years now and I've worn a couple of pairs into submission. Time for another pair, I reckon :)1_85191_FS.JPG

ArcticJambo

You've got to have the big baws for the big shoes. They come with a lower profile, and it's not that tall a sole, it just wraps over the toe.

6fa8c480e3c6c2231e121c9eb3156660.jpg

Strange time to have a pop at my sporting prowess. Not that I have any.

You've almost sold me on them with that oblique angled shot. They do look better. I'm not sold on the colour however but then again I'm struggling to think of a colour that would work in all honesty. Perhaps a navy or light green or tan might work.

I just 'saw' you in gym plimsolls and short cotton shorts ... is that a bit creepy. :uhoh2:

Feed The Goat

I get mines off of mi adidas. Design your own gazelles, sambas or dragons. Sporting white gazelles with maroon stripes n heels. Oh n personalised 51 on the side

Carl Weathers

You might be right but they still look like a modern version of something my mum would have bought me from Asda c.1982.

I'm not a huge fan of trainers and normally only buy converse these days.

The Mighty Thor

These are the last trainers I bought.

15-01-2013_nike_am1prm_red_d2.jpg

Used to really like Air and Air Max trainers but now they look more like the prescription shoes that kids with a dodgy foot used to get.

Their Air Max golf shoes are particularly horrific. :(

The People's Chimp

The AM1 photo Cosa used was probably not the most flattering. They're still an all time classic (colourway dependent) but allegedly Nike are using different lasts depending on country of origin of each particular colourway so some of them can seem a bit boxy.

Surely a wind-up.

Didn't the Spice Girls wear shoes like those. :ninja:

Still wear these for scuffing around outside the house (bought about 15yrs back) ... slight deviation from the usual Nastases and Stan Smiths I've always had kicking around for years. They hold up well if you don't wear them in 80 degree heat.

1587859.jpg?1359121216

What the **** are those??

They look like plimsoles / sahara be-bops or some sort of NHS issue corrective footwear.

Like your style Dave. :toff:

The New Balance ones posted at the start are far and away the best on the thread.

Going sneaker shopping this week but not much inspiration drawn from here so far :(

Barney Rubble

Quite a few shan efforts in this thread it has to be said , new balance tho dearie feck no no no no no , just no !

Quite a few shan efforts in this thread it has to be said , new balance tho dearie feck no no no no no , just no !

Have to agree. New Balance are just awful looking.

They are as expensive as a decent pair of Nikes or Adidas but they look like something your uncle would wear.

Horrendous.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Mainly walking about in low-top Converse these days, a new pair of trainers wouldn't go a miss though.

Liking the look of Gazelles/Sambas and the Puma Suedes. I guess I'll pay between ?45-65 wherever I go?

ArcticJambo

What the **** are those??

They look like plimsoles / sahara be-bops or some sort of NHS issue corrective footwear.

Like your style Dave. :toff:

:) ..indeed, NHS Superstars. ;) As I said, something a wee bitty different to my Stan Smiths or Nastases. Apparently Stan is making a comeback ...

http://sneakernews.c...urning-in-2014/

Think I might be old.

Adidas only for this cat.

Just bought these Beckham Fresh Mid

Here's a link for you ... a current/recent exhibition/interview with Trent Reznor, an Adidas collector. The exhibition is set up in the Hoxton, London Might be worth a visit :

http://www.wonderlan...ial-exhibition/

Edit: Exhibition closed the end of July.

• 3 months later...

While I am an adidas fan, the idea of creating my own through the mi adidas thing is about as cringe-worthy as it gets.

Whatever floats yer boat, though.

Guest C00l K1d

While I am an adidas fan, the idea of creating my own through the mi adidas thing is about as cringe-worthy as it gets.

Whatever floats yer boat, though.

I've not stuck my name on them or that, or stuck a wee flag on them.

I doubt anyone would have noticed i picked the colours if i hadn't mentioned it like :laugh:

Archived