USPGA championship

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Final major of the year starts Thursday.

My least favourite out the 4 as I always find it difficult to pick the winner. Not had a good return on this tournament over the years.

Thought Nick Watney was going to do the business for me 3 years ago but blew a big overnight 3rd round lead and didn't even get in to the top 10 in the end.

Tiger is in hot form and will to be the one to beat but his price will be ridiculously short.

Can't see anything other than an American winner. Will probably put my each way bets on Bubba Watson and Zach Johnson. Suspect Tiger Woods will be the winner, but the odds reflect that.

Maroon Sailor

Kuchar is pretty consistent - took him @ 35/1

Bill Haas is having a good season - couldn't resist the 66/1 on offer

Kaymer each way might be a shout, poor round on Thursday at Bridgestone but followed it up with three rounds in the 60's! Plus he's won it before!

rossthejambo

Stenson will be one of my bets, he's been there or there abouts over the last month or two. Might even stick Westwood or Donald on.

Robbo-Jambo

Yip, Stenson for me as well and Jason Day.

Had Mickelson on for the Scottish and British opens but cant see him winning again.

Got a sneaky feeling that Tiger Woods could take this one though.

I really fancy Snedeker to win this. Definitely betting him and two from Stenson, Kuchar, Mahan and Zach Johnson.

JamboCampbell

Snedeker i think backed him for a while in all majors and he is geting close! Very consistant player but does tend to hve an hour or so every major where he chucks all the stable work out the window!

Not sure with this one, notoriously difficult to predict the winner. Having not a bad year on the Majors with Adam Scott (Masters) winner, Jason Day (US Open) 2nd and Henrick Stenson (The Open) 2nd. Well in front. This weekend, any 2 from Stenson, Bradley, Snedeker and Kaymer.

Sergio Garcia

Tiger has all the momentum but at his odds he is far too short to bet at the moment I am thinking my money will be going on the following players each way, will decide for sure by tomorrow night.

Sergio 55/1,

Haas 60/1,

Simpson 66/1,

Moore 110/1,

Sterne 125/1

Stenson will be one of my bets, he's been there or there abouts over the last month or two. Might even stick Westwood or Donald on.

Can't see Donald ever winning a major tbh.

Not sure on my bets yet, will take a closer look tomorrow.

Mickelson has to be in with a shout again I reckon.

Sergio Garcia

Can't see Donald ever winning a major tbh.

Not sure on my bets yet, will take a closer look tomorrow.

Mickelson has to be in with a shout again I reckon.

Donalds best chance was the other year/year and a half when he was consistently top 10 in tournaments and even then he never really challenged in the majors.

The Fat Number 8

Tiger could lap the field again this week but not going to be backing him as short as 7/2 on a tough Par 70 tree lined course that requires accuray and a few drivers off the tee where he's also shot +13 at in 2003. Going to look for abit of EW value from Stenson, Bill Hass, Webb Simpson, Lee Westwood and Jordan Speith.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Anyone placed their bets? Off on holiday tomorrow but placed some bets for a bit interest.

?2 E/W on the following:

Adam Scott - 16/1

Brandt Snedeker - 25/1

Matt Kuchar - 33/1

Jim Furyk - 70/1

Also on Woods to win, at 4/1 the odds aren't great but this must be his best chance to add to his tally.

Looking for forward to watching this tonight. My bets are on and I've got a fiver each on Snedeker, Stenson and Kuchar to win, and an e/w on Jordan Speith.

Bradley @ 35/1, Day @ 40/1 and Scott @ 18/1, all each way (I'd only make significant money on Bradley).

Sergio Garcia

Red button coverage on Sky sports 1 now although as far as I can tell its the Tiger/Bradley/Love III group only.

Maroon Sailor

This is playing like half major / half regular tour event

42 players under par

Rudi Skacel

Play will resume at 10:35

Havent said my bets yet, went for

Westwood

Kuchar

McIlroy

Warren

all ?2.50 each way

After watching and being at Muirfield last month, enjoying all the different shots, weather and tricks it takes to play links golf, does anyone agree that the PGA stuff that's on every week is and "parachute" golf is a bit boring?

Maroon Sailor

After watching and being at Muirfield last month, enjoying all the different shots, weather and tricks it takes to play links golf, does anyone agree that the PGA stuff that's on every week is and "parachute" golf is a bit boring?

Have to say this tournament doesn't have the feel of a major.

Sergio Garcia

I have enjoyed this so far, lot of big names going along nicely and all majors outwith the Masters never really feel like one in my opinion until the weekend.

Have to say this tournament doesn't have the feel of a major.

Never really has done to me it's just the "major" of the PGA tour. The course is wet and it's just a game of yardages today. Hopefully it will have a good finish on Sunday unlike last week which was over before a ball was struck.

I have enjoyed this so far, lot of big names going along nicely and all majors outwith the Masters never really feel like one in my opinion until the weekend.

To be fair I've just had it on for the last hour, I take it there's been a rain/ storm delay?

Rudi Skacel

Yeah, there was a stop for an hour because of electrical activity in the area. No rain though.

I see Rory is playing with Vijay, im sure I read that he failed a drugs test recently or was that someone else?

Maroon Sailor

Never really has done to me it's just the "major" of the PGA tour. The course is wet and it's just a game of yardages today. Hopefully it will have a good finish on Sunday unlike last week which was over before a ball was struck.

When you have 40 odd players shooting rounds in the 60's it becomes a regular event imo

When you have 40 odd players shooting rounds in the 60's it becomes a regular event imo

Not if you shoot 61 like TW did last week :lol:

Sergio Garcia

To be fair I've just had it on for the last hour, I take it there's been a rain/ storm delay?

Electricity storm in the area so an hour and ten minute delay.

Yeah, there was a stop for an hour because of electrical activity in the area. No rain though.

I see Rory is playing with Vijay, im sure I read that he failed a drugs test recently or was that someone else?

Not sure, first I've heard. big Fijian has been on the marching dust?

Sergio Garcia

Vijay at the start of the year admitted using deer antler spray which has a growth hormone ingredient in it thats banned by the World Anti doping agency in an interview, he was banned for 3 months from February IIRC but the PGA hadnt actually tested him for the substance and WADA said the spray wasnt potent enough to ban him for so his ban was lifted after a few days. It was huge news at the time and then again in May when Vijay stated he was going to sue the PGA for leaving him open to humiliation and him being emotionally distraught.

Deer antler spray!? WTF would you need that for? :lol:

And by the way, after all the chat about wedges on the Official thread, I've just gone out and swapped my PW, 52 and sand iron for Vokey's. You JKB members are due me best part of 270 sheets now!

Sergio Garcia

Deer antler spray!? WTF would you need that for? :lol:

As Bubba Watson said at the time, if people are taking something called deer antler spray they should be checked for mental health problems. Its kinda weird.

As Bubba Watson said at the time, if people are taking something called deer antler spray they should be checked for mental health problems. Its kinda weird.

:lol:

Looks like big Vijay has chucked it then? Does it cure hayfever?

Sergio Garcia

:lol:

Looks like big Vijay has chucked it then? Does it cure hayfever?

I think Vijay has always been a bit mental to be fair. 5 years since his last win has probably made him a bit more mental.

you can vote where you want the hole location will be on 15 on Sunday.

Thats quite a clever way to get people onto your website

http://picktheholechallenge.pga.com/

Read about this the other day, interesting way to get fans on board. Do women get to vote to or are they banned like in the R and A? :lol:

Rudi Skacel

Just voted C, but I can't see many of them heely topping it into the water.

Dunno, last day, few players might need to chase strokes so take more of a risk

Rudi Skacel

Westwood and Scott both leading on 6 under

Was saying on twitter yesterday that although Westwood has never won a major, he has won me alot of money back with E/W bets on him over the last few years and it looks like he could be there or thereabouts again.

McIlroy 4 over through his first 9 today :vrface:

No idea what is going on with his game, hope he gets back to his best soon.

Scott 3 clear.

Archived