Part time contract

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

Hi guys,needing help with a little dispute at work. I have been on a 30 hour a week contract for 18 months now but regularly(always) work 42-44 hours(paid as ovetime after I work 37.5 hours in a week). My employer has pulled the rug from under me and insisted that I go back to working my 30 hours a week. I had heard that after a certain amount of time if you often work more than your contracted hours you were meant to have your contract reviewed??? Any clues if this is bull sh** or not,any websites to look at for info?? Thanks for the help.

H J Simpson

Sorry mate but I think the employer is well within his rights. Your contract states 30hrs per week.

Overtime is optional and at your employers descretion.

Stuart Lyon

Decline any o/t offered in future. Its cheap labour for your employer as he saves NI contributions and other costs. Get an additional part time job to supplement your current one.

Jambof3tornado
Decline any o/t offered in future. Its cheap labour for your employer as he saves NI contributions and other costs. Get an additional part time job to supplement your current one.

The big problem with that is the current job is split shifts so I am going to struggle to get anything to fit around it.

Wish I had sorted this sooner ,coz I work more hours than most full time staff but only get paid for 30 hours a week if I am on holiday,now I know how migrant workers feel.

What a way for a big company to work!! Cant name them but rearrange these letters and you may work it out S.H.N.

The big problem with that is the current job is split shifts so I am going to struggle to get anything to fit around it.

Wish I had sorted this sooner ,coz I work more hours than most full time staff but only get paid for 30 hours a week if I am on holiday,now I know how migrant workers feel.

What a way for a big company to work!! Cant name them but rearrange these letters and you may work it out S.H.N.

http://www.hns-cff.hr/

So you work for the Croatian FA, does that not make you a migrant worker?!?!?

Jambof3tornado
http://www.hns-cff.hr/

So you work for the Croatian FA, does that not make you a migrant worker?!?!?

Close but no cigar(wish I did work for the croatian FA,they probably look after there staff better!!!):sad:

Lt.Speirs

if you have worked 42 hours for at least 16 weeks (i think, it could be less) they have to give you 1 weeks notice of change for every year worked so if you have worked for them for 10 years 10 weeks notice

upthehill
Close but no cigar(wish I did work for the croatian FA,they probably look after there staff better!!!):sad:

Not sure, Bilic the manager of the Craotian national team gets an annual salary of ?35,000 per year. Compare that to the millions thrown at Sven, Cappello etc and it seems a tad tight...

30 hour contract is a 30 hour contract. Look for a new job if you need more hours. There are pleny jobs out there.

Archived