Rangers and their demands....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Whats your opinion on this? I for one think its a joke how they think the SPL should just roll over to waht they want! How can you expect to have 2 games after the cup final when the leagus is over for the rest, what happens if the lose the 1st game and that makes Celtic champions?

What a farce and the only ones embarassing Scotland are RFC.

I was listening to Talksport last and Bill Leckie got a roasting from the two presenters on the show for defending Rangers stance, it was really funny to hear him squirm on live radio.

I hope the mhanks pip them to the title!

Well if there is any thing good to come out of this then it must be that "THE SPL DON'T FAVOUR THE OF"so lets put that one to bed.

joe.gausden

Chelsea and Man U are in champs league final and never had any games postponed. if they can't fulfil there league fixtures and play in Europe maybe they should tell the SFA not to put them forward for Euro competitions.

I think with the amount of Rangers threads on here now we should really think about changing the colour scheme of the forum to be red, white and blue.

Two scottish cup ties went to a replay,

One pre-champions league match game cancelled,

Old firm game cancelled for Phil O'Donnell (Meanwhile Dundee Utd asked to play btw!),

Now that is four games that would have made life easier now,

So in summary get on with it you shower of tramps.

:evilno:

Guest casper

Maybe they should ask to play 95 or 100 minute games if they're not winning after 90.

Maybe they should ask to play 95 or 100 minute games if they're not winning after 90.

The rule is already in place at Celtic Park.

vegas-voss

Would Rangers being moaning if they had won the last two Old Firm games ?

I think not,what Rangers are showing is pressure fear that in the end they may only end up with the league cup they won and probably the Scottish.I think the Uefa Cup is an excuse it's the league they really fear losing.

troonjambo

whats really fustrating/infurating about it is they keep banging on about helping them to win the uefa cup BUT that is not what there asking there asking for help to win the spl and they can **** off with that one

at the end of the day far far far bigger clubs than rangers throw out teams off young lads into lesser cup compitions if there on a euro run rangers are 95 percent responsable themselfs for this mess they can **** off

slashishere
Can I just ask what would you be asking for if it was us(silly idea ,but just try).

I would be absolutly Freckin delighted if we were in that posistion!

What is so disingenuous about Rangers is that they think everyone should roll over for the sake of Scotland yet 2 or 3 seasons back we played a Euro game on a Thursday and they would not agree to put back our Saturday game against them to the Sunday.

In the Record 2 "columnists" castigate Lex Gold. Not wishing to defend him I am sure he consulted other clubs whose players will have made holiday arrangements. Let's imagine 5 Dundee Utd oplayers had made holiday arrangements for a week on Monday and a rescheduled game was to take place on the following Wednesday. They would have to cancel their hols or DUFC would have to play a weakened side and just imagine the clamour from the Celtic fans. The SPL would then be a greater laughing stock.

Guest JamboRobbo
What is so disingenuous about Rangers is that they think everyone should roll over for the sake of Scotland yet 2 or 3 seasons back we played a Euro game on a Thursday and they would not agree to put back our Saturday game against them to the Sunday.

Actually, we weren't due to play them on the Saturday, we were due to play the game on the sunday, and thats what we did, just like every other team has to after Europe on a Thursday. We asked for it to be postponed instead.

But why let the facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory eh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/923069.stm

joe.gausden
Can I just ask what would you be asking for if it was us(silly idea ,but just try).

If we ever get in that position i'd hope every player in maroon would be happy to play 2 games a day, never mind 3-4 in 8 days!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Actually, we weren't due to play them on the Saturday, we were due to play the game on the sunday, and thats what we did, just like every other team has to after Europe on a Thursday. We asked for it to be postponed instead.

Yeah, and why ignore the fact that we had agreed to postpone a match for them in similar circumstances the previous season?

What goes around comes around.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yeah, and why ignore the fact that we had agreed to postpone a match for them in similar circumstances the previous season?

What goes around comes around.

Agree they've had it coming and if they get ****ed over, they well and truly deserve it.

I just don't see the point in making up stuff that didn't actually happen, as JamboAl was doing.

alwaysthereinspirit

Truth is. Hearts got back to Edinburgh Friday morning (maybe even around noon) which is not the norm with teams playing Thursday in European games. Hearts did Rangers a favour the season before and the favour was not returned. That is where the poster before was coming from. Rankgers should be told to GTF.

Guest JamboRobbo
Truth is. Hearts got back to Edinburgh Friday morning (maybe even around noon) which is not the norm with teams playing Thursday in European games.

That was up to Hearts when they flew back. Whether it's fair or not, playing Thursday night away in Europe, followed by playing Sunday in the league, IS the norm.

Hearts did Rangers a favour the season before and the favour was not returned. That is where the poster before was coming from. Rankgers should be told to GTF.

The situation the season before was not the same but I agree about the principle.

No argument from me that Rangers should be told to GTF.

I just don't think there is anything to be gained by us making stuff up which didn't happen - i.e. the post which suggested we were force to play on the Saturday.

troonjambo
I would be absolutly Freckin delighted if we were in that posistion!

lol i know there the only *******s in the world in this situation moaning there guts out i know ill get pelters for saying this but i was planning on supporting them(grudgeingly) in the uefa cup final but this petulance is doing my nut in the only people making a joke of scottish football is rangers

Clever clever boy! What has disingenuous got to do with conspiracy?

The fact remains that they were not willing to be flexible to accommodate another teams difficulties. Why? Probably because of cost, inconvenience to players and supporters etc, which is the situation with other clubs now.

jack D and coke

You can only imagine if the same thing was happening to us, this board would be in meltdown. Granted some of it might be their own doing but i would expect the SPL, SFA or whoever to try enable us to win the thing. Sour grapes and lots of jealousy on here imo.

I detest the feckers when we're up against them but the whole league benefits out if these things. Nonsense that they're getting no help.

Guest JamboRobbo
Clever clever boy! What has disingenuous got to do with conspiracy?

The fact remains that they were not willing to be flexible to accommodate another teams difficulties. Why?

What difficulties - we were in the same position as every other team is after every away game in UEFA cup. Except we didnae fancy playing on the Sunday like everyone else has to do.

Rangers were quite right to tell us to gtf, just as the SPL are quite right to do the same to Rangers here. Playing Wednesday followed by Saturday is not an unreasonable run of games prioir to a UEFA cup final - it's what teams always have to do.

Thig Ar Latha

If they were allowed to pospone the Dundee Utd game, then fine. It's upto them to try to find a reasonable replay date with the allotted timescale. The way the Huns are bleating makes it sound as though they are looking for help to win the League. IIRC they want a two week extension to play their league matches, and that is unfair on the rest of the top six for varying reasons.

The question the Huns have to answer is why (if they had the chance) did they not try to get some of the games played during the previous months. They've been talking about this potential problem for quite a while now. Have they had no free midweeks over the last few months.

What difficulties - we were in the same position as every other team is after every away game in UEFA cup. Except we didnae fancy playing on the Sunday like everyone else has to do.

Rangers were quite right to tell us to gtf, just as the SPL are quite right to do the same to Rangers here. Playing Wednesday followed by Saturday is not an unreasonable run of games prioir to a UEFA cup final - it's what teams always have to do.

The difficulty in arriving home with virtually no time to prepare. That would be obvious to anyone. Yes it's the same as everyone and so is the Rangers situation. All clubs kick off at the same time on the last day of the season. Amen.

Guest JamboRobbo
The difficulty in arriving home with virtually no time to prepare.

So the same problem that every other SPL team has to deal with every time they play away in Europe on Thursday nights then.

That would be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

There is no need to start with the insults - as you well know, it just proves you've lost the argument.

gorgie rd eh11
Well if there is any thing good to come out of this then it must be that "THE SPL DON'T FAVOUR THE OF"so lets put that one to bed.

How do you work that one out?

If celtic weren't so involved in this and only the diddy clubs were affected by rangers requests, do you think they would make the same decision?

Two scottish cup ties went to a replay,

One pre-champions league match game cancelled,

Old firm game cancelled for Phil O'Donnell (Meanwhile Dundee Utd asked to play btw!),

Now that is four games that would have made life easier now,

So in summary get on with it you shower of tramps.

:evilno:

That's the shout Big Man...Hook the Weegie B****** you're in a Meeting with RIGHT NOW!! ;)

I'll want to see the Bruised Knuckles on Saturday...He'll have them already from them Dragging along the Pavements...:mad:

C'Moan the Zenit!!!:)

Not a shred of sympathy here. I hope they win the UEFA Cup because Advocaat and Ricksen are in opposition. Dreading the papers if they do win though.

Fact remains is that they are in the consolation cup. Once you're pumped out of Europe that should be it! They've made an absolute fortune from a cup they never even entered and didn't initially want to ever be in.

They've had so many games because they couldn't beat Hibs and Partick at first time of asking as well as asking Gretna (FFS!!!) to cancel a game prior to the QF(?).

The dates are in place from day 1. Imagine if it directly affected you. Say we were due to be Rangers last gameand due to a pathetic performance at Fir Park when the Scottish Cup could have saved our season, you decided to get out of dodge ASAP and booked your hols for May 19th only for the league to say our home game v Rangers will be after that date.

Don't tell me that nobody on here would be asking:

Are Rangers or the SPL going to refund tickets (or my holiday;))? Are Rangers or the SPL (as pointed out earlier) going to pay for our (in real-life, DUFC)squad re-booking holidays?

It was a shot in the dark request and they are out of order throwing their toys out the pram cos it got KB'd.:evilno:

IMA MAROON

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7387838.stm

Yes, he is correct. After cancelling games to help Scotland and Celtic the SPL's treatment of Rangers is ridiculous, they are being punished for being successful.

The SPL are bending over backwards to try and help Celtic win the league, scared to offend the mhanks in case they play the victim card once again. :mad:

Well said, Mr Burley. ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7387838.stm

Yes, he is correct. After cancelling games to help Scotland and Celtic the SPL's treatment of Rangers is ridiculous, they are being punished for being successful.

The SPL are bending over backwards to try and help Celtic win the league, scared to offend the mhanks in case they play the victim card once again. :mad:

Well said, Mr Burley. ;)

2 hours 10 minutes and no replies

You can't even troll properly

Loser

Blackdog35

Tell me if Hearts were in Rangers position, what would you be doing?

I take no one at all would be moaning both at the club and amongst the support about the unfairness of it all?

Like it or not Scotland has been made a laughing stock around the world by the SPL's decisions especially given that the Russian FA are bending over backwards for Zenit to help them.

The cruckie cookie

Rangers are and will always be in it for themselves and NOBODY else.

The words in the article from Campbell Ogilvie, are their for all to see. They wanted more home games under their belts and NO thoughts for Hearts...oh only one, our sleep patterns would not be disturbed.

The can get on with it:mad:

"What can't be forgotten is that we contacted Hearts in the first place to tell them we were perfectly happy to have the game moved from the Saturday to the Sunday because of their European commitments.

We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts

Campbell Ogilvie, Ibrox secretary

"We felt we wanted to have the game played on Sunday as we have only had two games out of six so far this season played at home, and we would like to have more than that under our belts. "The club are keen to get some home games played, and, to be honest we hear that Hearts will stay over in Stuttgart on Thursday and have an early afternoon flight back on Friday.

IMA MAROON
Tell me if Hearts were in Rangers position, what would you be doing?

I take no one at all would be moaning both at the club and amongst the support about the unfairness of it all?

Like it or not Scotland has been made a laughing stock around the world by the SPL's decisions especially given that the Russian FA are bending over backwards for Zenit to help them.

Spot on.

The worst thing is Rangers were happy to cancel an old firm game for Phil O'Donnell because Celtic wanted them to but Celtic are now trying to force Rangers to play all their games one after another. It is not right.

If Celtic did that to use we would be raging.

Archived