Hamill in midfield, McGhee/King at RB

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I started a similar thread before the match but it got merged. I'm really keen to know about this as it's one of our biggest onfield pre-season talking points though.

For anyone who was there, did Hamill look better in midfield? How did his replacements at RB do? Been hearing good things about McGhee.

I wasn't there but it doesn't appeal to me. I get the move for Jamie but I'm not comfortable with the right back options. One is a centre mid and the other is a centre back.

tartofmidlothian

I wasn't there but it doesn't appeal to me. I get the move for Jamie but I'm not comfortable with the right back options. One is a centre mid and the other is a centre back.

Thought King was an RB/RW?

Fermit the Krog

Centre midfield and right back.

Much like Hamill in fact, only King would do a better job at RB.

Adam King is a centre midfielder who can play at right back, Billy King is the forward.

Centre midfield and right back.

Much like Hamill in fact, only King would do a better job at RB.

Adam would do a better job in midfield, than Jamie.

tartofmidlothian

Would rather we kept some experience in defence

Might not be an issue when Wilson's back?

tartofmidlothian

Adam would do a better job in midfield, than Jamie.

Is Adam highly rated?

Might not be an issue when Wilson's back?

Honestly Im gonna have to disagree, remember in the league cup final ? Steven Thompsons goal? His run and goal highlighted Wilsons inexperience.

He definitely has the ability but its important not to get the two confused

Unfortunately Hammil was very poor again today and was subbed at HT. He is just not good enough. McGhee had a good game and showed a lot of promise. Playing in front of the hearts support in the first half i was able to get a good view of him and watch him carefully. Looked eager to get on the ball and tried to make himself always open. His passing was generally accurate and linked up a few times with King. Looked pretty solid defensively, winning a few headers and standing tackles. Very few of their attacks came down his side in the first half - Mchattie was poor and made a few mistakes. Taking into account his age i think he could be a very good player for hearts in the future. Would have to see more of him before i could comment on if he could be our main right back this season but he is definitely one for the future.

I know it's only a preseason friendly but Hamills just not good enough. I hope Lockie doesn't try to fit his team around this so called experience player

tartofmidlothian

Unfortunately Hammil was very poor again today and was subbed at HT. He is just not good enough. McGhee had a good game and showed a lot of promise. Playing in front of the hearts support in the first half i was able to get a good view of him and watch him carefully. Looked eager to get on the ball and tried to make himself always open. His passing was generally accurate and linked up a few times with King. Looked pretty solid defensively, winning a few headers and standing tackles. Very few of their attacks came down his side in the first half - Mchattie was poor and made a few mistakes. Taking into account his age i think he could be a very good player for hearts in the future. Would have to see more of him before i could comment on if he could be our main right back this season but he is definitely one for the future.

Great info mate, cheers. :thumbsup:

The more I hear about McGhee the more excited I am to see him get a run in the first team. I think McHattie gets to have a shan game given how far he's come too.

Shame to hear that about Hamill though. I'm sure he'll come good. He'll have to.

i DONT SEE WHY WE NEED TO SHUFFLE THE TEAM ABOUT TO ACCOMODATE HAMMIL.

I LIKE THE GUY AND APPRECIATE WHAT HES DONE AND THINK HE IS USEFUL TO HAVE IN THE SQUAD BUT I DONT SEE WHY HE NEEDS TO BE STRAIGHT IN THE FIRST TEAM DUE TO HIS "EXPERIENCE".

OOPS sorry about caps

Great info mate, cheers. :thumbsup:

The more I hear about McGhee the more excited I am to see him get a run in the first team. I think McHattie gets to have a shan game given how far he's come too.

Shame to hear that about Hamill though. I'm sure he'll come good. He'll have to.

Think he was just tired tbh. Understandable as he's played a lot of games recently and getting his fitness back.

I'm slightly worried that our first games will be against teams well ahead of us in preparation and thus I genuinely expected us to play better class of opposition. That's no disrespect to Pars,, QotS etc... but I would have wanted more a challenge this week coming rather than Crus and Liverpool youths.

i DONT SEE WHY WE NEED TO SHUFFLE THE TEAM ABOUT TO ACCOMODATE HAMMIL.

I LIKE THE GUY AND APPRECIATE WHAT HES DONE AND THINK HE IS USEFUL TO HAVE IN THE SQUAD BUT I DONT SEE WHY HE NEEDS TO BE STRAIGHT IN THE FIRST TEAM DUE TO HIS "EXPERIENCE".

OOPS sorry about caps

don't shout at us we're sensitive sorts on here. :laugh4:

Jambof3tornado

Hamills experience will be needed throughout the season. He has looked poor but there isnt a single player we can afford to lose.

Tony Soprano

Hamills just back from a long term injury so will take time to get 100% match fit, saying that he didn't really do much wrong today (that I can remember anyway). I think he's getting a lot of undeserved criticism at the moment. I'm sure he wrote on twitter he went off at HT due to the poor astro turf pitch.

McGhee had a really decent game today considering his age, could be an important player the next few seasons.

Slevinkelevra

It would appear mr hammil has been having a wee look at kickback andd is none to pleased wi some of the criticism is he receiving... Had a wee rant on twitter

It would appear mr hammil has been having a wee look at kickback andd is none to pleased wi some of the criticism is he receiving... Had a wee rant on twitter

Jamie Hamill ?@JamieHamill8625m

2 every negative person who types on that website when we stay up this season I would like 2 see your face at the end of the season #fuds

The_razors_edge

Jamie Hamill ?@JamieHamill8625m

2 every negative person who types on that website when we stay up this season I would like 2 see your face at the end of the season #fuds

Nothing negative about stating facts Jamie old boy. Also, calling hearts fans fuds? Cool.........

Nothing negative about stating facts Jamie old boy. Also, calling hearts fans fuds? Cool.........

Some are to be honest! Still, not wise for a player to look on these sites anyway, and everyone's entitled to their opinions. They're clearly not going to like all of them.

The Comedian

He's right. We are.

:brucey:

Tony Soprano

You have to agree with him to some extent. Although everybody is entitled to their opinions I think its a bit too early to be judging players (especially ones just back from injury) this early. If his form doesn't improve into the season then fair enough.

His last tweet about overcoming the -15 points and staying up is exactly the kind of confidence and attitude our experienced players should be showing. He will be a huge player for us this year so let's just give him some time and get right behind him and the rest of the team!

maroonlegions

Hammil is right though, we need everyone to get behind the players this season, its only pre season games FFS, it will be a totally different ball game come the new season.

Hannibal Lecter

He's obviously a man who can't handle the truth going by his reaction on Twitter.

If he can't handle a bit of criticism maybe he is in the wrong career (many on here would say he is already ).

Fly the Saltire

I know it's only a preseason friendly but Hamills just not good enough. I hope Lockie doesn't try to fit his team around this so called experience player

Although not a big fan we need to give Hamill a chance to come back from a serious injury and I do think Wilson is more impressive at left back than in centre of defence, we will not be able to find someone of Zal's calibre any time soon.

All very well slagging off players here but we have to get behind them all when the season starts as there will be no alternatives until January at the very least.

Slevinkelevra

You have to agree with him to some extent. Although everybody is entitled to their opinions I think its a bit too early to be judging players (especially ones just back from injury) this early. If his form doesn't improve into the season then fair enough.

His last tweet about overcoming the -15 points and staying up is exactly the kind of confidence and attitude our experienced players should be showing. He will be a huge player for us this year so let's just give him some time and get right behind him and the rest of the team!

I agree that we should all be getting behind the team, and his attitude towards the -15 is an example to the rest. However a person in his profession prob shouldn't look at internet forums, we as fans have a right to voice our opinions and as long as the opinions are not of a personal nature and are about his performances then there shouldn't be a problem. As for calling some hearts fans "fuds" because they think he is honking, probably not the wisest and best way to endear yourself.

It's only pre season no need to be criticising players, it's basically training we can watch.

Mostly why I don't watch these games.

Anyway Jamie should stay off here as it will drive him to distraction listening to 50 different opinions of him.

For what it's worth i think he will be massive for us next season and the kids will be glad he is there.

Hannibal Lecter
I agree that we should all be getting behind the team, and his attitude towards the -15 is an example to the rest. However a person in his profession prob shouldn't look at internet forums, we as fans have a right to voice our opinions and as long as the opinions are not of a personal nature and are about his performances then there shouldn't be a problem. As for calling some hearts fans "fuds" because they think he is honking, probably not the wisest and best way to endear yourself.

The last bit of your post, he never has come across as the most intelligent on Twitter so probably tweeted before engaging his brain.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

The_razors_edge

He's obviously a man who can't handle the truth going by his reaction on Twitter.

If he can't handle a bit of criticism maybe he is in the wrong career (many on here would say he is already ).

This

Bordeaux 03

Poor wee Jamie crying into his pillow tonight because a few folk had the audacity to say he didn't have a very good game today.

There is a level of critiscm which is fair but on sites like this it is often the extreme views that are posted.

Players looking in should take that on board or simply not look at JKB.

What should be remembered is that he has helped the club to survive and deserves recognition for that as well as our support next season................as will all the players.

It does seem some are perhaps simply paying lip service to the support that will be required.............indeed do they really realise what is coming next season ?

All of our squad need to be backed and if that means a few posters biting their lip at times next season then thats the way it should be........next season will require ALL of our support as well as ALL of the teams efforts.

scott herbertson

I like Hamill

He tries hard and gives everything

I hope the fans cut him a bit of slack cos if we do i think he will turn in better and better performances as he gets his fitness back

Gregory House M.D.

There's a vast difference between saying someone had a poor game and making personal swipes at them for daring to do so in a pre-season friendly. Hopefully Jamie realizes that it's a small minority of brain donors.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

Good to see Locke's trying different players in different positions, though. That's all this thread's about.

Tony Soprano

The last bit of your post, he never has come across as the most intelligent on Twitter so probably tweeted before engaging his brain.

Personal comment about one of our own players intelligence... If only I knew how to post the facepalm pic.

Think folk need to remember if it wasn't for this guy we might not have even got to the biggest, most important game and result in our history.

Not condoning his "#fuds" comment but FFS give the guy a break.

Hannibal Lecter

Personal comment about one of our own players intelligence... If only I knew how to post the facepalm pic.

Think folk need to remember if it wasn't for this guy we might not have even got to the biggest, most important game and result in our history.

Not condoning his "#fuds" comment but FFS give the guy a break.

Well publicly calling a section of fans fuds ain't exactly the most intelligent thing in the world to be honest.

Tony Soprano

Well publicly calling a section of fans fuds ain't exactly the most intelligent thing in the world to be honest.

I don't think he is calling everybody on kickback a fud, he'll be referring to be minority of the fans on here coming out with the "he's simply not good enough" chat after coming back from a serious injury and a couple of pre season games.

Put quite simply players should not decry fans' opinions no matter what they say.

He will play good games and be lauded: he will play bad games and be lambasted. He really should expect this.

JH has done well during our trying times and there is much about him to be admired especially taking a 50% wage cut.

Nonetheless he should be able to rise above the criticism and I hope he goes forward with a much more positive attitude as the same will apply no matter which club he plays for..

Hannibal Lecter

I don't think he is calling everybody on kickback a fud, he'll be referring to be minority of the fans on here coming out with the "he's simply not good enough" chat after coming back from a serious injury and a couple of pre season games.

I know that but surely everybody is entitled to their opinion though even if people think it's crap?

Personally I don't think he's good enough, and that was before he was out injured for a year. Granted some people go a bit OTT with what they think about certain players, that's part and parcel of football. Fans can be pretty fickle at times, it's just the way it is.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jamie is doing it wrong.

#arseholes would have been correct.

Hannibal Lecter
Jamie is doing it wrong.

#arseholes would have been correct.

:lol:

Archived