Hibernians Curse

Tom Heaney

Tom Heaney

I touched on this subject the other night (the wee small hours). It was on an other subjects thread so maybe it got lost, then again maybe its just a boring subject ;)

Its all to do with Hibs lack of success in our premier Cup competition and I'm trying to fathom out the reason for this. Now if it were in the States there would be all sorts of talk of Curses etc and reasons for it. Some of you may know that The Boston Red Sox had not won the World Series for 86 years and that was put down to the sale of Babe Ruth in 1918 to The Yankees so The Curse Of The Bambino was created. They have since won it twice in 04 and 07. Now we have the Chicago Cubs who have not won it for 100 years and they have The Curse Of The Billy Goat or more recently The Bartman Curse. Now many think that The Cubs could go on to winning it all this year and that would then surely leave our friends from Leith in the unenviable position of being a "fairly" major club in their league and going the longest time in perhaps all of sports without winning a particular trophy.

So methinks that it would be the honorable thing for us to do and give their Curse a name?

Any thoughts?

Toxteth O'Grady
I touched on this subject the other night (the wee small hours). It was on an other subjects thread so maybe it got lost, then again maybe its just a boring subject ;)

Its all to do with Hibs lack of success in our premier Cup competition and I'm trying to fathom out the reason for this. Now if it were in the States there would be all sorts of talk of Curses etc and reasons for it. Some of you may know that The Boston Red Sox had not won the World Series for 86 years and that was put down to the sale of Babe Ruth in 1918 to The Yankees so The Curse Of The Bambino was created. They have since won it twice in 04 and 07. Now we have the Chicago Cubs who have not won it for 100 years and they have The Curse Of The Billy Goat or more recently The Bartman Curse. Now many think that The Cubs could go on to winning it all this year and that would then surely leave our friends from Leith in the unenviable position of being a "fairly" major club in their league and going the longest time in perhaps all of sports without winning a particular trophy.

So methinks that it would be the honorable thing for us to do and give their Curse a name?

Any thoughts?

Dinosaurs dying out?

The Discovery of Fire?

The invention of the Wheel?

Nope it's because they are losers:107years:

The curse of Buffalo Bill.

When he died, so did Hibs' chances of winning the Scottish cup.

Tom Heaney

Thats been the one in my mind all along. Also, wasn't the queen mother (rip) not born in 1902 so maybe thats an option if its not disrespectful

Thats been the one in my mind all along. Also, wasn't the queen mother (rip) not born in 1902 so maybe thats an option if its not disrespectful

She was born in 1901 as the song went, the queen mum was only 1

Charlie-Brown

The curse of St Mark's Campanile (Bell Tower) which collapsed when the terrible news reached Venice....

Image:Ruins_of_St_Mark%27s_Campanile.jpg

jimjamjolly

And here's me thinking that he's just written a book:)

Guest juvehearts
Surely Hibernian's curse is **** the hertz.

im 100% postive that no car rental company was invented away back in the 1900's

was definatly horse & cart :107years: :107years: :107years:

Doctor FinnBarr
Surely Hibernian's curse is **** the hertz.

Hobo.

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

John Findlay

They do have a superstition.

I believe(any Hibs supporter is welcome to correct me) that they would not one the Scottish Cup until they restored the Harp to their club badge. I am not sure when it was removed from their club badge. I believe the Harp was restored to the club badge circa 2000. It's now 2008 so perharps they don't have anything to be superstitious about.

John

andy_jambo

I believe(any Hibs supporter is welcome to correct me) that they would not one the Scottish Cup until they restored the Harp to their club badge. I am not sure when it was removed from their club badge. I believe the Harp was restored to the club badge circa 2000. It's now 2008 so perharps they don't have anything to be superstitious about.

John

My understanding is that it's when the harp in painted onto the side of their main stand.

scott herbertson

John

so it's just because they're crap then?

bigwull22

maybe its because I have P****d in every corner of their ground they are cursed, mind you I'm not 107 so it can't be that

eddie fenwick

lets just hope there isnt a 7.5 earthquake in guatemala anytime soon:107years:

Archived