hobos sign Van Zanten

PTBCAL

Ray Winstone
Better than Robbie though?

Most players are better than Robbie.

Walter Payton

To be honest I always thought he was one of St Mirren's best players- thought Rangers would try and sign him before going for Kirk Broadfoot. Would have welcomed him at Hearts.

Toxteth O'Grady
To be honest I always thought he was one of St Mirren's best players- thought Rangers would try and sign him before going for Kirk Broadfoot. Would have welcomed him at Hearts.

Would have to agree unfortunately

J.T.F.Robertson
Il joue en defense sur la droite. Il vient de St.Mirren

Pas de Gretna? :P

Pas de Gretna? :P

Non, St.Mirren. Il jouait pour les Celtic avant.

Pardon, je ne parle pas souvent francais.

A bientot!

Ray Winstone

A bientot!

Ferme La Buche!

Thats about all I remember from French except,

J'habite dans la grand maison moderne.

Back to topic.... :)

I honestly think he is very average and yes as probably as good as our own Robbie. Surely we aim higher than that?

I honestly think he is very average and yes as probably as good as our own Robbie. Surely we aim higher than that?

Like the Argentinian dud we signed in January?

J.T.F.Robertson

A bientot!

R?mission accord?e. Je parle la plupart du temps fran?ais de babelfish car il a ?t? encore plus long pour moi. :angelic:

Drylaw Hearts

You, I and most other Hearts fans would like us to aim higher than that

VR aims at Lithuanians who are much lower than that.

RockyBalboa

He's St Mirren's best player and they offered him double his wages to stay.

I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's better than the maniac we have at RB just now. Proven SPL with no risk value. Good business for Hibs :)

Charlie-Brown

Van Zanten is going from St Mirren to Hibs

Jack Ross is going from Falkirk to St Mirren

Who is going to Falkirk?........

jimjamjolly
Van Zanten is going from St Mirren to Hibs

Jack Ross is going from Falkirk to St Mirren

Who is going to Falkirk?........

Clum:p

Dr Ian Malcolm

Van Zanten - is that c*ck that banged on about Stewart diving for a pen earlier in the season after taking him out from behind? The guy's a tool.

Being St. Mirren's best player isn't something I'd be particularly proud of. Give me Neilson anyday.

RockyBalboa
Van Zanten - is that c*ck that banged on about Stewart diving for a pen earlier in the season after taking him out from behind? The guy's a tool.

Being St. Mirren's best player isn't something I'd be particularly proud of. Give me Neilson anyday.

Van Zanten is a lot better than Neilson. And that isn't being biassed. He scored a peach against us last season too.

Not sure about the Stewart incident though, maybe it was.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

This Van Zanten had a lot to say for himself last season , article in the Sun

and going on about Hearts having a team of cheats

Gobby unprofessional nobody

I don't like to see fellow profesionals slagging of players from other clubs

especially 2nd bottom of the SPL ones

Dr Ian Malcolm
Van Zanten is a lot better than Neilson. And that isn't being biassed. He scored a peach against us last season too.

Not sure about the Stewart incident though, maybe it was.

Austin McCann scored a peach as well - didn;t mean he was all that good. Neilson has been playing regularly in, before this year, was a consistanly top 6 side and was deemed worthy of a Scotland cap.

Van Zanten has been released by Celtic and Dundee Utd before winding up at St. Mirren, who, despite how poor Hearts have been this season, are still pish.

Not saying he won't turn out t be a decent signing for you lot, but he's not as a good as Neilson, however unpopular that point of view may be with a few on here.

Imeantasong
This Van Zanten had a lot to say for himself last season , article in the Sun

and going on about Hearts having a team of cheats

Gobby unprofessional nobody

I don't like to see fellow profesionals slagging of players from other clubs

especially 2nd bottom of the SPL ones

They probably paid him handsomely for having a go at their pet hates.

Ray Winstone
Austin McCann scored a peach as well - didn;t mean he was all that good. Neilson has been playing regularly in, before this year, was a consistanly top 6 side and was deemed worthy of a Scotland cap.

Van Zanten has been released by Celtic and Dundee Utd before winding up at St. Mirren, who, despite how poor Hearts have been this season, are still pish.

Not saying he won't turn out t be a decent signing for you lot, but he's not as a good as Neilson, however unpopular that point of view may be with a few on here.

Neilson got his Scotland cap and will never get another one - that puts that one to bed.

He was previously a week link in a good team, now he is one of a number of weak links in a poor team.

RockyBalboa

Im sure if you ask the majority of SPL supporters they will say Van Zanten is the better player over the last couple of seasons (The Sheep and Dundee Utd aswell as championship sides were after him) and was touted as Saints captain next season. He is only going to get better imo.

He was never released from Utd either. You must have the wrong player.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Neilson got his Scotland cap and will never get another one - that puts that one to bed.

He was previously a week link in a good team, now he is one of a number of weak links in a poor team.

Van Zanten has never had one and will most likely never get one - I know hwat position I'd rather be in.

He may well have been a weak link in a good team, but that doesn't mean Van Zanten is a better player. He's been an average player in a pish team, and no matter how bad Hearts have been this year, St. Mirren are worse. He might do well for Hibs, but there's a tendency on here to bum up any right-back who isn't Robbie Neilson.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Im sure if you ask the majority of SPL supporters they will say Van Zanten is the better player over the last couple of seasons (The Sheep and Dundee Utd aswell as championship sides were after him) and was touted as Saints captain next season. He is only going to get better imo.

Hmm, not sure why I thought he was at Dundee Utd? Was he on loan or something? I'm syre there was one Celtic reject who then became a Dundee Utd reject as well.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you that most SPL sides would say VZ is better than RN, but I suppose we'd have to ask them ;)

In terms of who he was linked with - they ultimately didn't sign the guy. Neilson was linked with The Huns - not really relevant though. Gonna have to agree to disagree here :thumb:

RockyBalboa
Hmm, not sure why I thought he was at Dundee Utd? Was he on loan or something? I'm syre there was one Celtic reject who then became a Dundee Utd reject as well.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you that most SPL sides would say VZ is better than RN, but I suppose we'd have to ask them ;)

In terms of who he was linked with - they ultimately didn't sign the guy. Neilson was linked with The Huns - not really relevant though. Gonna have to agree to disagree here :thumb:

Yeah I mind there was a Utd player who played for Celtic who went to St Mirren but it wasn't DVZ. :)

As for linked, I meant contract offers sorry. Calderwood came out and spouted all that "Aberdeen revolution" pish and how DVZ was going to join it. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, your right. And Hearts will probably have another RB come the start of the next campaign anyway :)

Dr Ian Malcolm
Yeah I mind there was a Utd player who played for Celtic who went to St Mirren but it wasn't DVZ. :)

As for linked, I meant contract offers sorry. Calderwood came out and spouted all that "Aberdeen revolution" pish and how DVZ was going to join it. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, your right. And Hearts will probably have another RB come the start of the next campaign anyway :)

That is serioulsy going to annoy me now. It shouldn't, but it will. I could point out that the fact that Jimmy Calderwood thought DVZ could be part of a revolution (especially at Aberdeen FFS) adds weight to my argument but I can't be bothered starting another debate. Mind you, Jimmy did discover jaap Stam :4_1_72:

If Van Zanten has a stormer next season and Neilson...well, is the usual Neilson, feel free to come back tell me I'm a fool.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Van Zanten is not good enough for where we want to/should be. IMHO he isnt better than Nielson. Nielson manages to hide his best attributes week in week out but is still, i feel a better player than DVZ.

Buying other SPL players is a hit or a miss. Hibs have done decent business with Rankin and Nish but Brian Kerr should be done for impersonating a footballer.

Others may think this is good business for the flumps but I would rather wait and see how he does. Regardless is signing doesnt really affect us so the boy can be as good or as pish as he likes.

I don't think he's better than Neilson. As much stick as Robbie gets, and he is crap, I really don't think there are many better right backs in the league, and I include Rangers in that :laugh:

Everybody wanted us to sign Maybury because he'd be better but after he went to Aberdeen I was told he wasn't better with what we had. I couldn't believe my ears but it's been proved right. Right back is a really bad position in this league, Celtic's aren't even that good either.

Legend Claws
Van Zanten is not good enough for where we want to/should be. IMHO he isnt better than Nielson. Nielson manages to hide his best attributes week in week out but is still, i feel a better player than DVZ.

Buying other SPL players is a hit or a miss. Hibs have done decent business with Rankin and Nish but Brian Kerr should be done for impersonating a footballer.

Others may think this is good business for the flumps but I would rather wait and see how he does. Regardless is signing doesnt really affect us so the boy can be as good or as pish as he likes.

Is he some Danish player I don't know about?

WalterEgo
Van Zanten has never had one and will most likely never get one - I know hwat position I'd rather be in.

You're right - he won't get a Scotland cap. He's Irish.

Like the Argentinian dud we signed in January?

Good point well made.

Elmer.

vegas-voss

We are just jealous because your signing someone we have heard.;)

Personally i think Hearts missed out on the two players that would vastly have improved our fullback positions in January when Motherwell signed Hammel and Lappin.

John Findlay

I hope Makalamby plays in goals for Hibs next season then.

Meaning a certain young(16-18) Hearts supporter wont know what to shout at the oppositioin as he certainly cannot say Van Zanten. Mind you if Hibs sign a goalie called Smith then my ear drums are knackered again.

John

maroonlegions
TBH, it's a good bit of business.....has SPL experience as well.....

cannae wait for him to experiance;) taking a throw in or corner at the Wheatfeild end with a hobo top on .:107years:

bishop1874

he is a bit of an idiot but he is also one of the better right backs in the spl, would have been happy to have him at right back but dont really see that position as being a priority in tems of signings needed.

agree with the hammel shout we could do with a left back.

Archived