Where is good to eat in east lothian

tneafry

Hi, can anyone suggest anywhere good to eat in east lothian. Going down on saturday, have heard that longniddry inn is good but where else is good? no seafood places please

thanks

Quayside is decent all-you-can-eat buffet. if you are that way inclined.

Never been. Heard it's arite though.

OP. Decent Chippy in North Berwick. Apart from that you're messed :(

Never been. Heard it's arite though.

OP. Decent Chippy in North Berwick. Apart from that you're messed :(

Only Chippy I've been to in Musselburgh is the Coral Reef, and its okay.

I'll be moving there soon, so this thread could be eye-opening for yours truly.

La Potiniere in Gullane is good if a bit staid.

There's an Italian restaurant in North Berwick run by the people who used to have Cosmo that's supposed to be very good but I can't remember the name.

You realise that the Open Championship is in Gullane this weekend.. You'll struggle to eat anywhere in East Lothian..

However.. Try Ducks at Aberlady (for posh dining) or Donalds for normal grub... Also, Craigilaw golf club is open to anyone and do really good food. You will need to book though.

tommythejambo

Currently stay on Musselburgh High Street, and run a pub there.

There is a few decent restaurants in Musselburgh. The Caprice is decent, standard Italian. The two Indians, Shish Mahal and Halimah are both good (would recommend sit in over take away though. Got a takeaway from one a while back and myself and the 2 people I live with were all unwell the next day). The Dragon Way chinese has recently re-opened it's sit in section as well I believe.

Also got the Quay which I've heard very mixed reviews over, and the Gurkha (Nepalese/Indian) on Fisherrow which I haven't heard a bad word about.

blondejamtart

Lanna Thai in Musselburgh is good too - doesn't look all that exciting, but the food is good!

mrmarkus1981

The Rocks in Dunbar is good. The Goblin Ha in Gifford is good pub grub all Imo obviously

conn artist

You realise that the Open Championship is in Gullane this weekend.. You'll struggle to eat anywhere in East Lothian..

However.. Try Ducks at Aberlady (for posh dining) or Donalds for normal grub... Also, Craigilaw golf club is open to anyone and do really good food. You will need to book though.

Ate at Donalds a few months ago. The food was terrible. microwaved food which was very overpriced and terrible service to boot. Would avoid this place. The guy Malcolm that runs the place is a knob too.

La Potiniere in Gullane is good if a bit staid.

There's an Italian restaurant in North Berwick run by the people who used to have Cosmo that's supposed to be very good but I can't remember the name.

Osteria? Never been, but gets a lot of good reviews and recommendations online.

There is a new Nepalese resteraunt in North High Street in Musselburgh called Gurkha Bar and Resteraunt which is exceptional. Really cant recommend it enough

Osteria? Never been, but gets a lot of good reviews and recommendations online.

That's the one. Heard lots of good things about it.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Lucas if you're just looking for something casual at lunch time.

Caprice do good pizzas/Italian food. Got a wood fire oven.

vlad on the tyne

Osteria is excellent. Portions are small but they are using top quality products. I think they have a waiting list for bookings. Oh and it ain't cheap.

Archived