Tyson Gay tests positive

Gorgiewave

Not surprising. Has he not been banned before as well?

Not that I know of. Are you thinking of Justin Gatlin?

jack D and coke

They're all at it. I'd be surprised if any top athlete in pretty much any sport isn't at it and knowingly as well. In almost every sport the top guys and women like like machines. It's not possible to look like that without pumping yourself full of banned shit IMO.

Reports of 5 Jamaican athletes testing positive including 2 Olympic champions.

I wonder if this would involve Virgin Media having to film new adverts?

I wonder if this would involve Virgin Media having to film new adverts?

It seems not this time!

I thought Mike Tyson had come out of the closet for a second there and needed to prove it by taking a test. The test being show him a picture of Heidi Klum in her house and the first thing he notices is that the throw cushions don't properly accent her wallpaper.

Harry Palmer

Telegraph Sport ?@TelegraphSport6m

BREAKING: Asafa Powell one of the five Jamaican athletes who tested positive for banned substance; Nesta Carter, Sherone Simpson + two more

Telegraph Sport ?@TelegraphSport6m

BREAKING: Asafa Powell one of the five Jamaican athletes who tested positive for banned substance; Nesta Carter, Sherone Simpson + two more

if those names are correct then bolt isn't one of the other two as sky news is reporting that two are sprinters and 3 compete in field events

http://news.sky.com/story/1115711/five-jamaican-athletes-fail-drug-tests

I thought Mike Tyson had come out of the closet for a second there and needed to prove it by taking a test. The test being show him a picture of Heidi Klum in her house and the first thing he notices is that the throw cushions don't properly accent her wallpaper.

:lol:

I was thinking along the same lines.

:bitgay:

Same here! But I'd never have explained it as well as you did ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So these mups are cheating and risking their career just to finish maybe half a second less behind Bolt when it really matters? :lol:

jamboinglasgow

If Usain Bolt ever took drugs, I'd be finished with athletics.

it could destroy sprinting, at least for years. Athletics has had a problem since Ben Johnson of losing peoples faith in it, who can trust a race if its likely half the runners are on performance enhancing drugs. Bolt is someone who is incredible, who achieves times no one thought was possible, So its crucial that people believe it is not through him using drugs, if it did turn out he was using drugs, then I can see very few people trusting any great sprinter being clean ever again.

If Bolt starts losing a lot of pace you just know he was involved but the authorities have hushed it so save the sport.

If Bolt starts losing a lot of pace you just know he was involved but the authorities have hushed it so save the sport.

I dont dont think thats the kind of thing these guys do.They see it as the higher profile the star the bigger deterant it is hopefully.Look how they have taking down the greatest name ever in bike racing.

Well that's just ruined Cool Runnings for me.

Snake Plissken

**** it.

Let's have a million dollar race where drugs are legal. No testing, just whoever gets over that line first wins a million bucks, let's see just how far the human body can go with the help of science.

Don't pretend you don't find that concept interesting.

scott_jambo

I dont dont think thats the kind of thing these guys do.They see it as the higher profile the star the bigger deterant it is hopefully.Look how they have taking down the greatest name ever in bike racing.

Lol, they weren't in much of a rush to take Lance down, it was Saville-esque.

Lol, they weren't in much of a rush to take Lance down, it was Saville-esque.

They tried for years

Franklin Delano Bluth

Maybe like when a tennis star disappears for a year and comes back and is a heap of shit who can only play one big tournament a year.

::troll:::'>

I don't think all top sportsman are on it, though. Probably most of the Track and Field guys though.

rossthejambo

They tried for years

The doping authorities did, I'm not so sure the UCI were keen to have him publicly flogged.

The doping authorities did, I'm not so sure the UCI were keen to have him publicly flogged.

Correct. Its was the USADA who went for him. IIRC, they said in their report that the cycling authorities knew about Armstrong's drug taking and hushed it up.

And they wouldnt be the first sport to be rumoured to hush up one of the best in their sport failing a test.

So these mups are cheating and risking their career just to finish maybe half a second less behind Bolt when it really matters? :lol:

Less drugs and more chicken nuggets and they might have stood a chance.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/olympic-100-metre-champion-usain-bolt-reveals-he-ate-a-few-chicken-nuggets-before-race-8009313.html

**** it.

Let's have a million dollar race where drugs are legal. No testing, just whoever gets over that line first wins a million bucks, let's see just how far the human body can go with the help of science.

Agreed.

Only way we'll ever truly level the playing field.

scott_jambo

Agreed.

Only way we'll ever truly level the playing field.

Fancy yourself as a sprinter? :)

Fancy yourself as a sprinter? :)

Certainly more appealing than long distance. :)

Just confirming the rumours then Sten...:whistling:

**** it.

Give it a few years and people will be taking inspiration from RoboCop.

And now reports coming in that the cyclist who won the Tour Of Turkey has tested positive and been stripped of the title.

Not having a go at your post but it annoys me when I see Armstrong described this way. He was a cyclist who spent the whole year preparing for one race. In his whole career he only enter the Giro once and the Vuelta once. If you compare his record to someone like Merckx.

Undoubtedly a cheat though. He failed to finish in 3 of his first 4 TdF races yet after life threatening illness managed to win it pretty much every year until retiring.

Not having a go at your post but it annoys me when I see Armstrong described this way. He was a cyclist who spent the whole year preparing for one race. In his whole career he only enter the Giro once and the Vuelta once. If you compare his record to someone like Merckx.

Undoubtedly a cheat though. He failed to finish in 3 of his first 4 TdF races yet after life threatening illness managed to win it pretty much every year until retiring.

I am no expert on racing and that is why i said "name" as to people in general he is the cyclist most people would be able to name.

Just confirming the rumours then Sten...:whistling:

I'm heterosexual mate.

Honest.

See Blake has now pulled out with a hamstring injury, a common compensation often induced by an over active bumhole twitching as you watch your team mates fail drug tests!

At least we'll be spared his terrible celebration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...letics/23339591

Archived