Rangers Fan Comes Up With Brilliant Suggestion!

Mysterion

Mysterion

Listening to UnReal Radio - some Blue Nose has been on suggesting Rangers fans boycott away games next season to punish SPL clubs for not helping them with the fixture backlog.

I'm opening this one up to a poll... i think this is a great idea!:)

Through thick and thin

Hope Zenit gub them and their anti football in the final. :cool:

Drylaw Hearts

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for them after they refused to postpone an SPL match for us a few years back.

Feck them.

Commander Harris
Aye, what's another 200K on our debt !!

I'd estimate 120k - but yeah, like you say - what's another 120k.

Mark_Mywords

I hate their attitude to the other teams in the SPL. IMO, the SPL would be a better place without them and the other **** along the M8.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for them after they refused to postpone an SPL match for us a few years back.

Feck them.

I don't remember that. What happened? And what season was it?

Thanks in advance

Rumour is they might get the whole of the Roseburn again next season so if we make the top 6 and therefore have two games that would equate to :

Approx 7000 @ an average ?30 = ?210 K !!

Ben Dover
Listening to UnReal Radio - some Blue Nose has been on suggesting Rangers fans boycott away games next season to punish SPL clubs for not helping them with the fixture backlog.

Roll on future backlogs then if it keeps these ^^^^ away

What exactly are we supposed to do for them anyway, simply forfeit games ?

I don't remember that. What happened? And what season was it?

Thanks in advance

98-99 I think(maybe99-2000). We had a game postponed the previous season to aid them in their European exploits. We were refused the same courtesy as we'd shown them (or did the SFA postpone our game without even asking?)

Commander Harris
Rumour is they might get the whole of the Roseburn again next season so if we make the top 6 and therefore have two games that would equate to :

fair enough - I was going on their current share.

ToadKiller Dog

If we are going to be playing the uglies twice then there is a good chance we will be in the top six competing for something so i admire your optimism,so we then might be able to make up the sad loss by selling out our own end.

Any tiny ounce of sympathy I might have had for them has now gone completely out of the window - what a disgusting idea.

As if there's isn't enough financial inequality in this league as it is, Rangers now want to punish the other SPL clubs by refusing to take up their away ticket allocation? Do they have any idea how much the smaller clubs rely on this income? Any decision made today by the SPL would have been made (I assume) with each club taking their own club's interests into consideration and not because of any spiteful intention towards Rangers. This sort of reaction from Rangers could never be excused as being anything other than childish and spiteful.

Do they even know which clubs actually vetoed the idea or are they going to assume everyone is against them and simply refuse to attend any of the away fixtures? Are they even punishing those responsible for the decision?

This makes me so flippin ANGRY....

IMHO, if people knew these S C U M were not turning up at Tynie we would fill the stadium with people willing to bring kids and family to the games...A lot of people don't take kids to these games because of the disguting atmosphere it attracts (from both sides if I'm honest)...Okay we may not fill the stadium, but I think it would be worth the risk to keep the C**** in the Weeg!!

That's only if not one of those 7000 seats get taken up by Hearts Fans

Pessimists Read this bit

If the general level of support is such that we can't get more than 14,000 for either Rangers game then chances are this suggested boycott would be the least of Hearts' problems.

Optimists Read this bit

If Hearts hit some decent form next season then a Boycott would mean that we could sell out the whole place with no need for seats to be wasted through segregation or extra security costs. Hearts could be better off

Only a Game

EDIT. Just said exactly what TOP Cat said.

marshallschunkychicken

Cracking idea.

I actually tuned in tonight to laugh at the contributions from Gutted fae Govan, and Livid fae Larkhall.

What annoys me is that Rangers can play their best team in the final, but it seems they want to do so in the league as well. That's the price of European success, and also why teams have squads.

P.S. Ewan Cameron is a bawbag.

That's only if not one of those 7000 seats get taken up by Hearts Fans

Pessimists Read this bit

If the general level of support is such that we can't get more than 14,000 for either Rangers game then chances are this suggested boycott would be the least of Hearts' problems.

Optimists Read this bit

If Hearts hit some decent form next season then a Boycott would mean that we could sell out the whole place with no need for seats to be wasted through segregation or extra security costs. Hearts could be better off

Realists read this bit

1) Hearts are in a big enough financial mess without turning away a couple hundred grand

2) Not a chance Rangers will go ahead with such a boycott

3) Not a chance Hearts will be 'challenging' next season

4) Were are these families the rest of the time ??

alwaysthereinspirit

Have Rankgers ever ever helped another SPL team if it wasn't in their own best interest? Didn't think so. sO GTF.

hmfc_steve

Anyone who thinks the OF are doing Scottish football a good turn by competing in any european final are deluding themselves.... the only thing the OF are interested in is looking after themselves and maintaining their domination over the rest of us.... we just happen to get the crumbs of a european place as a resultant spin off. The more the OF win, the tighter the stranglehold they have, and it allows them to dictate and manipulate Scotland as they please ... which is what the term the Old Firm was coined for in the first place.

Why should the other clubs, either trying to win the league or EUFA place want a stronger Rangers... they decided they wanted to be successful in all 4 tournaments they entered.... and if they win, good luck and well done... just don't expect everyone else to help them attain it

Let's just think about this for a second.

Rangers (who according to the Daily ****** stand to earn ?200k each in bonuses for the UEFA cup exploits alone this season) want the season extended to suit THEM. It doesn't seem to me that the media or Rangers (naturally) have considered the players of other teams for one second. Why should other players have THEIR season extended or have to play ludicrous fixtures just to suit ONE club ? The players of other teams don't get compensated for having THEIR season extended or losing out by way of a shortened break.

In addition , there has been talk of moving the date of the Scottish cup final. Rangers arrogance knows no bounds.

And just to rub our noses in it , after they have previously refused to help other clubs - ie HMFC.

And before anyone says the fixture pile up is a result of Rangers success , i would point out this has arisen primarily as a result of Rangers failure : failure to stay in with the big boys in the CL.

I hope Advocaat has the last laugh and Zenit annihilate them in the final.

Gerd Muller

Its Rangers fault in the first place for not dealing with Partick Thistle in the 90 mins at Ibrox and for cancelling the Gretna game. Surely they would have had enough squad players to put 3 or 4 past Gretna at home!

Through thick and thin
Its Rangers fault in the first place for not dealing with Partick Thistle in the 90 mins at Ibrox and for cancelling the Gretna game. Surely they would have had enough squad players to put 3 or 4 past Gretna at home!

Der hun are reaping what they sewed.

jambojim52

I had forgotten Dick Eggnog was in charge at the time. Now he says the GFA are wrong. Double standards the DICK!

The other side of the coin is that, if the league is extended it helps rangers win the league, as their players get to rest.

If they cannot find the players fit enough to play the games they are commited to playing. Ie the league, and any compititions they enter ,then they should not enter the comps in the first place.Rather than extending the league, they should be fined for not being able to fullfill their obligations to the league.

MacDonald Jardine
Any tiny ounce of sympathy I might have had for them has now gone completely out of the window - what a disgusting idea.

As if there's isn't enough financial inequality in this league as it is, Rangers now want to punish the other SPL clubs by refusing to take up their away ticket allocation? Do they have any idea how much the smaller clubs rely on this income? Any decision made today by the SPL would have been made (I assume) with each club taking their own club's interests into consideration and not because of any spiteful intention towards Rangers. This sort of reaction from Rangers could never be excused as being anything other than childish and spiteful.

Do they even know which clubs actually vetoed the idea or are they going to assume everyone is against them and simply refuse to attend any of the away fixtures? Are they even punishing those responsible for the decision?

This makes me so flippin ANGRY....

Right, so you base your opinion of a club's position on what some crackpot says on a radio phone in?

Spellczech

I find it amusing that they got themselves into this mess:

- Postponing an OF game prior to Scotland game

- Postponing another OF game when Phil O?Donnell died

- Needing a replay against Hibs in SC

- Needing a replay against Partick in the next round of the SC

There may have been more but those are the ones I can recall. Idiots.

Right, so you base your opinion of a club's position on what some crackpot says on a radio phone in?

Crackpots, plural. Including representatives from Rangers fans groups and other additional random angry Rangers fans who phoned in. Oh, and FollowFollow.

It's more about their rotten fans than their horrible club, to be honest.

jimjamjolly

By getting the final games switched to a Thursday night, some clubs might suffer because of reduced attendance. Are Rankers (or the SPL or the GFA) gonna make up any shortfall?

This is the SPL rule that allowed Vlad to be fined ?10k for putting on the Hearts website that the media were monkeys.

A3.2 No Club, either by itself or its Club Officials, shall by any means whatsoever

unfairly criticise, disparage, belittle or discredit any other Club, the Company

or the League or in either case any such other Cub or the Company’s

directors, officers, employees or agents (which shall, for the avoidance of

doubt, exclude supporters).

I await Sir David Murray being fined ?10k for his comments made today - but then again I am still waiting on Gordon Strachan being fined ?10k under the same rule for having a pop at the state of Falkirk's stadium.

Looks like the SPL is a bit like the SFA in being selective when to implement it's own rules....

Dr Ian Malcolm

We spunked 800K on Beslija - sacrificing 200K so there's none of those inbreds at Tynie seems like a sound investment by comparison. I hardly think 200k is gonna make a great deal of difference to our financial position on the grand scheme of things.

Its amusing that they see their absence as some sort of punishment though.

Thig Ar Latha
Roll on future backlogs then if it keeps these ^^^^ away

What exactly are we supposed to do for them anyway, simply forfeit games ?[/QUOTE]

I beleive that is the theory they are currently hoping for.

John Findlay

If the Rangers support do decide to boycott away games in the SPL next season could they decide to make it forever and rope in their cousins from the east end of Glasgow too.

Boycott away. I personally will not miss you at all.

John

Darth Sidious

Ewen Cameron is a cretin. I was a supporter until last night when he laughed off one caller who stated that this was the first time the SPL did not bend over for an Old Firm team. He backed up his case with Aberdeen asking for a SPL postponment which was refused. Rangers have knocked back everyone else requests and are now throwing the dummy out as Davros is not getting his way.

Roughie was right, the Gutted from Govan's should not be getting stuck in to Lex Gold. He has been told by the SPL clubs to reject the deal.....now which clubs could that be and why have they not rushed to name them???? Davros will have had his Propaganda machine Keith Jackson at the ****** burning the midnoght oil last night.

Archived