Walking the Dug.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Lobey Dosser

I've got an 18 month old Springer Spaniel (Judy), who is the tits.

I stay in a tenement, but right next to a big park. She's left in for about 6/7 hours on her own, maximum, and never had any bother. A lot of walking though - she gets a half hour scamper in the park in the morning, and a big walk later in the day.

They're not for everyone because they're so energetic, but I love them, and have always had at least one.

We have a border collie and he is a year old,they need a lot of work but my husband walks everywhere with the dog,he even go on walking holidays with his mate and the dogs,anyway Im disabled and at home most of the time,so our dog is never left but when it is just me in,the dog just sleeps,even if the door is open but yet when the husband and kids are in he is always on the go,they are clever dog,seems every day they learn nothing new...

Its as if the dog know's I can't do everything that everyone else does....twice now Ive manage to take him out into a field behind our house with the football (I manage a short walk with crutches) and I kick the ball for him,even though it not far and the dog dribbles the ball back to my feet, and sure it makes him happy,and its only with me he does that with..

When someone else does the same and they kick the ball much further than me the dog only brings it half way back and herds them to the ball...

That doesnt answer your question,some dogs are fine all day on their own some arent....if they have plenty room,water,treats and toys Im sure they are fine

Our wee dug Rudi is just over a year old now.

She has an undershot jaw which was diagnosed prior to insuring with pet plan. The corrective surgery that prevents her bottom teeth piercing her top palate cost us ?1300. :facepalm: Unbelievable.

In the last few weeks she's also had an operation on her back knee (a major op and a lot of hassle trying to protect her from a 2 yr old). This op and x rays cost us ?1400. :facepalm: Covered by the insurance thankfully.

I'd recommend insurance with petplan.

Including her jags and treatment for a sickness bug, Rudi has exceeded 3k in treatment.

:cornette:

Love the wee thing like but all the same, that is a ridiculous amount of cash.

Nobody got a scaffy wee dug these days? All you ever see are pedigrees folk have paid hundreds of pounds for. I would love a dog but my current lifestyle means the poor thing would be cooped up all day. I'd definitely go to the local dog home and rehouse one of the mangy scaffy types.

Nobody got a scaffy wee dug these days? All you ever see are pedigrees folk have paid hundreds of pounds for. I would love a dog but my current lifestyle means the poor thing would be cooped up all day. I'd definitely go to the local dog home and rehouse one of the mangy scaffy types.

That's what Rudi is mate. A right wee scaff.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn56/Munchkinsmunchkin/4C642AC8-EAF2-4FCD-83DE-DD4B6B8A255E-4363-000004F395FECD60_zpse4abbbf4.jpg

I am in the same boat ... Want a dog but work commitments mean that it would be left for periods of time.... My fab breed is also the border terrier.... Would love one, however, they need a lot of exercise as they are working dogs ( most terriers do). Think it will be a retired greyhound for me after the holidays ....probably call it Dave

I used to have a long haired Jack Russell - he was awesome.

I used to take him for 20 minutes in the morning, head home at lunch to let him out in the garden for 10 minutes, then after his dinner for 15 minutes & then out for an hour about 9pm to tire him out. Great we dog & scared of absolutely nothing. Miss the wee guy

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd definitely love a wee scraggly mongrel. :)

The problem with the dog home, is every time I have a wee look to see what's there, it's rammed full of staffies that neds and wankers have been unable to look after properly. Now I understand that they are good dogs and everything, but I don't want a staffy, and I am actually pretty annoyed that so many are just flung on the scrap-heap by these selfish pricks.

There should be tighter restrictions on dog ownership. :(

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am in the same boat ... Want a dog but work commitments mean that it would be left for periods of time.... My fab breed is also the border terrier.... Would love one, however, they need a lot of exercise as they are working dogs ( most terriers do). Think it will be a retired greyhound for me after the holidays ....probably call it Dave

I like this post. :)

Archived