Need some legal advice

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

My Gran was up in St Andrews yesterday and whilst out walking she triped over an un-even path and severly broke her wrist.

I was just wondering where my gran stands in terms of the legal side of it. Can she sue the council?

Do we need to take a picture of the path that was un-even?

Kickback is always great for advice so i was wondering if you lot could help me.

Thanks in advance

Stuart Lyon

Yes take a picture. More importantly were there any independent witnesses? I successfully claimed Telewest when my late mother fell over one of their botched re-instated pavements in Corstorphine a few year ago.

An ex of mine's Gran fell on a grape in Tesco and got 4 figures. I'd get dated pictures of the pavement plus medical lines and pictures. If it has already been reported and neglected by the coucil she could get even more.

Feck sake, your missing an opportunity here - sue the hospital for not seeing her quickly enough. Sue clarkes for not making sturdy enough shoes. Sue yer ma for not having the foresight to push her in a wheelchair and prevent such accidents. Sue the ambulance drivers for stress caused by the noise of the siren. Anyone i've missed?

coppercrutch
Feck sake, your missing an opportunity here - sue the hospital for not seeing her quickly enough. Sue clarkes for not making sturdy enough shoes. Sue yer ma for not having the foresight to push her in a wheelchair and prevent such accidents. Sue the ambulance drivers for stress caused by the noise of the siren. Anyone i've missed?

Totally agree. Feckin joke.

Someone trips over and you instantly think of who to sue...:confused:

If your gran is capable of walking by herself she should be able to watch where she is going and avoid uneven paving stones. If she is not then someone should be walking with her. You have to keep your eyes open in this World.

IMO unless there is a huge ****ing manhole open in the middle of a pavement then any thought of 'legal' action is pretty cheap.

I wouldn't do it myself. Honestly.

PS. Hope your Gran is ok. Gran's are great !!!

My Gran was up in St Andrews yesterday and whilst out walking she triped over an un-even path and severly broke her wrist.

I was just wondering where my gran stands in terms of the legal side of it. Can she sue the council?

Do we need to take a picture of the path that was un-even?

Kickback is always great for advice so i was wondering if you lot could help me.

Thanks in advance

Unsure as to whether or not she has a case against anyone. If someone, eg the council, has been a fault here, then perhaps. Shirely the least you should have already done, if you think she has a case, is take photos of the allegedly offending path???

My brother was out running in Edinburgh a couple of years ago, and ran over one of the blue plastic things covering a dug-up section of the pavement. It was not positioned correctly, it gave way and he ended up with his left arm fractured and his right wrist broken. While he possibly had the makings of a great case against someone, he simply wrote it off as an accident and put it down to experience. Personally, my ambulance-chasing urges would have taken over there, but each to their own.

100% agree.

Archived