graeme smith

alex1874

was working nightshift last night got talking to another jambo and he was saying graeme smith of motherwell could be our number 1 next season apparently a big jambo would be a decent signing in my opinion if it comes true also still quite young

In an ideal world we could have Smith as number one with MacDonald as backup. In the real world we'll probably end up with Banks/Basso as number one.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Is he the same Graeme Smith who was nicknamed 'Buzz' whilst playing for Hutchison Vale?

Is he the same Graeme Smith who was nicknamed 'Buzz' whilst playing for Hutchison Vale?

yes

This one was doing the rounds last summer if I'm not mistaken, the old "hes a big Jambo" doesnt wash with me but thats not to say its not gonna happen.

I dont know if I would be pleased if we signed him though.

Walter Bishop

Greg Fleming of Gretna would be a better signing imo. We could have him for peanuts aswell!!!

vlad on the tyne

smith's a compotent keeper and yes we could do alot worse. Wouldn't be dissapointed if this resurfacing rumour was true.

think motherwell would be looking for a sizeable fee though. With hunners o keepers out there just now looking for clubs it may be better to hangfire just now to see what pops up.

winston churchill
Greg Fleming of Gretna would be a better signing imo. We could have him for peanuts aswell!!!

the lochend hoofballers are sniffing round him.

bighusref

Smith is too wee.

Fleming is rubbish and away to Dundee United methinks.

Spellczech
Noticed Smith didn't play on Sat v Tims. Anything in that?

He was trying to find an empty locker at Riccarton I heard...:P

was working nightshift last night got talking to another jambo and he was saying graeme smith of motherwell could be our number 1 next season apparently a big jambo would be a decent signing in my opinion if it comes true also still quite young

static at cross balls, tends to dive after the ball hits the net and i'm positive he's not good enough for hearts.

Noticed Smith didn't play on Sat v Tims. Anything in that?

McGhee said before the match that he needed a rest because his concentration had gone in the previous few games. And that Daniels had been there on loan all season and deserved a game. (and they were playing Celtic)

where is our ambition. these keepers just aren't good enough.

In an ideal world we could have Smith as number one with MacDonald as backup. In the real world we'll probably end up with Banks/Basso as number one.

in an ideal world we wouldn't have any of these keepers.

alanjambo
where is our ambition. these keepers just aren't good enough.

I think Smith is good enough for us but I suppose it's all down to opinion.

Who do you think we should go for?

I think Smith is good enough for us but I suppose it's all down to opinion.

Who do you think we should go for?

we either buy or get someone in who's out of contract. there must be hundreds of good keepers out there we've never heard of and it should be down to our new manager not these clueless muppets like romanov and his puppets who seem to want to sign players they've selected.

it seems that romanov will wait as long as he can before employing a manager so the new man will be restricked by having a squad already in place.

Charlie-Brown

Motherwell's Graeme Smith is Scotland 'B' goalkeeper, Jamie MacDonald is Scotland U21 goalkeeper so Buzz is slightly ahead in his development with more SPL experience than Jamie Mac - but they probably represent the 2 best young Scottish goalkeepers outside of Craig Gordon & Alan 'Kung fu' McGregor.

alanjambo
we either buy or get someone in who's out of contract. there must be hundreds of good keepers out there we've never heard of and it should be down to our new manager not these clueless muppets like romanov and his puppets who seem to want to sign players they've selected.

it seems that romanov will wait as long as he can before employing a manager so the new man will be restricked by having a squad already in place.

Fair enough but I wouldn't have thought that the two 'keepers mentioned on this thread would have been top of Vlad or his cronies' wish list. I'd rather we signed players that we've heard of for now. I'd never heard of Basso but he's terrible (Celtic and Killie away games apart).

I think the manager decision has already been made and "Shaggy" will be in charge. Not happy about it but I'm trying to come to terms with it now so I'm not as outraged when the decision is announced.

alanjambo
How about Iain Turner from Everton?

Good 'keeper from what I've seen. Doubt he'd come to us as he's probably making miles more as Everton reserve than he would with us.

ToadKiller Dog

Ambitions have to be tempred by our financial situation ,as affordable SPL goalies then i think the keeper at inverness is the best on the go,but i also think that our own jamie mcdonald has the potential to be as good if not better than any of them.

StAndrewsHMFC
Motherwell's Graeme Smith is Scotland 'B' goalkeeper, Jamie MacDonald is Scotland U21 goalkeeper so Buzz is slightly ahead in his development with more SPL experience than Jamie Mac - but they probably represent the 2 best young Scottish goalkeepers outside of Craig Gordon & Alan 'Kung fu' McGregor.

I'd have to go with horse and say Turner is probably streets ahead of both Smith and McDonald. Looked a real prospect at Stirling and turned out well for Wednesday too. Rotting in Everton's reserves right now, we could maybe tempt him with a season long loan to get some 1st team action?

in an ideal world we wouldn't have any of these keepers.

Who could we attract then? What is our ambition?

In our current position Graeme Smith is not beneath us.

Archived