Hearts in a Uefa cup Final-What if? Bear with me here.

Uberjambo

Uberjambo

Was thinking earlier what size of support we would take in the very unlikely event we made it there, ever.

My view if we made it to the likes of Manchester we would take about 25-30k

The likes of Seville 10-15k

Thoughts?

Cliffundo
Was thinking earlier what size of support we would take in the very unlikely event we made it there, ever.

My view if we made it to the likes of Manchester we would take about 25-30k

The likes of Seville 10-15k

Thoughts?

quite easilly take over 40,000 to manchester

I would say about 10,000 to seville

My god! Somepeople are getting carried away now that Pinigol has suckered us into paying him for another 3 years.

Think we reached our peak of people who are willing / can afford to go in Bordeaux, maybe add another 1K on top of that for a final abroad.

Uberjambo

Ha, Ha. It helps when you have a sense of humour. Cheers Mate.

It was a genuine wonderment from me as |I was driving along.

Think we reached our peak of people who are willing / can afford to go in Bordeaux, maybe add another 1K on top of that for a final abroad.

I'd say more than that.

For example I'd happily fork out for my Dad to come along for a European final.

Before the CL semis last week they were talking to some guy who had just travelled 5000 miles for the game, they head back to the studio where they proceed to gasp in wonderment at the distance some would travel for their team. "What would make you travel 5000 miles for a football game?" they gasp.

Er, quite simple really.

If Hearts were ever to get to a UEFA Cup (never mind CL) semi or final, I don't think any distance would be too much trouble.

Manchester...we'd reach 40k+...it's not much more difficult to get to than Glasgow to be fair. Seville? If we were to try and match Celtic we'd be looking at a few million but realistically, we'd probably manage 10-15k...hopefully....

Pants Shaton

If Hearts got to a European final we would take as many fans as we take to domestic finals.

Given the current state of affairs, I think I can promise to pay for travel and accommodation for every Kickback member without worrying too much about the bank balance.

NEILY1874

I think if we were to reach a european final in manchester youd be looking at 40-45,000 travelling.

Seville id imagine would be around 12-15,000.

Guest juvehearts

i dont know but this is the sort of noncence that we expect from flumps.net

i bet theyre creaming themselfs over this one. :eek:

Yup. But see how easily we fall into these patterns of masochistic behaviour when there's bugger all else to discuss that doesn't leave us all reaching for the razor blades.

Drylaw Hearts

Why is there even a thread on us getting to the Cup Final of a UEFA Competition ?

Why is there even a thread on us getting to the Cup Final of a UEFA Competition ?

Because someone is curious to how many fans we reckon we would take if it ever happened.

Either sarcasm is getting reeeeeally subtle or this is the stupidest statement i've ever read on here.

You think we would take about 1k more to a European final than we would to a 3rd round game against an average sized French team?

Drylaw Hearts
Because someone is curious to how many fans we reckon we would take if it ever happened.

It's a ridiculous question.

It's a ridiculous question.

Why?

He didn't imply it would ever happen. He was just wondering how many fans we suspect we would take if we got to a showpiece European final.

I get it though, you have to be angry at everything. You might wanna look up the Champions League in 3 years quote again. That would definately be right at home here.

championsleaguefan

If Rangers can make it why cant Hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
Why?

He didn't imply it would ever happen. He was just wondering how many fans we suspect we would take if we got to a showpiece European final.

I get it though, you have to be angry at everything. You might wanna look up the Champions League in 3 years quote again. That would definately be right at home here.

I don't get angry.

:)

Through thick and thin
We do not have a manager.

You not a fan of Mr Frail?

Ron Burgundy
We do not have a manager.

Are you ignoring the existence of Mixu Pantylining already.

:107years:

Are you ignoring the existence of Mixu Pantylining already.

:107years:

Last time I looked he managed Hibs not Hearts.:rolleyes:

You not a fan of Mr Frail?

Nothing against him personaly but he is not the correct manager for Hearts.

Archived