Zaliukas

Paulie Walnut

Paulie Walnut

Our captain marvel has remained strangely quite throughout this whole disaster and I expect more from him.

He could play for nothing until Jan to get fit.

scott herbertson

Our captain marvel has remained strangely quite throughout this whole disaster and I expect more from him.

Yes, as I hinted on the skipper thread, without any evidence to back it up whatsoever I hold out a vague hope that he is waiting for the owneership thing to be resolved

I would put nothing past him. He is a maverick. How great would that be.

winston churchill

Maybe he's still taking the big fat paycheck and keeping his head down.

Sutton was getting it tight on here,but he's not-strange.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Not sure what is strange about it. Sutton did nothing in his time at Hearts. You can't say the same about Zaliukas.

colinmaroon

Not sure what is strange about it. Sutton did nothing in his time at Hearts. You can't say the same about Zaliukas.

Probably because Sutton was a waste of space and, no matter how often you stand in front of the mirror and repeat your negative mantra, Zaliukas was an outstanding captain and one of our best players.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Probably because Sutton was a waste of space and, no matter how often you stand in front of the mirror and repeat your negative mantra, Zaliukas was an outstanding captain and one of our best players.

My negative mantra?!

::troll:::'>

portobellojambo1

He has left the club already as far as I am aware. Although I only read it somewhere very recently Marius was apparently one of 4 players (I'm guessing Andy Webster may have been one of the others) who have been made redundant by the administrators.

davemclaren

Footballers are professionals who do this for a living. Hold on to that context and you'll rarely be disappointed.

tartofmidlothian

He has left the club already as far as I am aware. Although I only read it somewhere very recently Marius was apparently one of 4 players (I'm guessing Andy Webster may have been one of the others) who have been made redundant by the administrators.

It's Zaliukas, Driver and two youngsters. Reports conflict as to whether they've gone or are 'in the process', although I find it strange no announcement has been made when Sutton was announced straight away.

colinmaroon

My negative mantra?!

br=

That's what I get for posting before I've had my coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That was meant to be a reply to Winnie the Poo!

Hungry hippo

He may not be allowed to say anything at present. I'm surprised at the secrecy with these 4 players but assume it's some legal issue.

colinmaroon

Corrected!

portobellojambo1

It's Zaliukas, Driver and two youngsters. Reports conflict as to whether they've gone or are 'in the process', although I find it strange no announcement has been made when Sutton was announced straight away.

The way it was done, and announced or not, may have been something to do with their contract situations, in that Sutton still had a year to run on his but the others were due to leave the club anyway, either at the end of this month (June) or during next month.

tartofmidlothian

The way it was done, and announced or not, may have been something to do with their contract situations, in that Sutton still had a year to run on his but the others were due to leave the club anyway, either at the end of this month (June) or during next month.

I live in probably false hope that some of our potential new owners have asked for them to be retained for a couple of weeks to see if someone becomes preferred bidder after the 12th. If we're hit with a full transfer embargo for a year, probably our only option to strengthen is to spend our year's wages budget on extensions for Zal and Driver.

It's pure fantasy on my part and I know we haven't even reached our funding target yet, but I reckon the biggest threat to us long-term isn't liquidation, it's being relegated next summer.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Would be nice to see Zal outside the ticket office with his season card above his heid though.

I'll not be taking any delight in ripping our Scottish Cup winning captain, thanks.

Indeed. But then, I'm not hibs.

It might be too early for Zal to speak out about his time here at Hearts, but when and if he does it will make riveting reading.

Did his bit and more last year. Let others come to the front now. Maybe just wants to leave quietly. Hear from him when time is right.

Archived