Weather forecasts

skinnybob72

skinnybob72

If the Government are looking to save money they might want to consider closing down the Met Office and getting rid of the forecasts from the BBC. I know it's not an exact science but they are wrong so often they should just give up.

The forecast after the news just now starts by showing what happened today! Who cares? It's been and gone.

The forecast for tomorrow is littered with 'could', 'should', 'possibly' and 'if' - all carefully slipped in so that when they get it wrong they can backtrack, and they're so scared of being wrong that they only go as far as 4pm tomorrow.

And don't get me started on the complete sh-ite on the 5 day forecasts on the website - they're just guesses pulled from a lottery machine.

The BBC should practically be binned altogether. Save a lot of very good documentaries, they are a total disgrace of a 'national broadcaster'.

Maroon Sailor

The 5 day forecasts on their website are 99.9 per cent guff !

They're usually pretty accurate within the next 24-36 hours. Outwith this is total guesswork.

The BBC should practically be binned altogether. Save a lot of very good documentaries, they are a total disgrace of a 'national broadcaster'.

Relative to what? stop taking out your A**

Careful, people will think you read the Daily Mail.

The OPs got a point, was watching the weather yesterday morning and they were saying there wasn't a cloud within 50 miles of Edinburgh, yet looking out the window it was pissing down!

I could not disagree with this more. Try living abroad for a while if you want to see some really shite telly.

Relative to what? stop taking out your A**

I'm not: the extent to which the BBC is pro-union is ridiculous. They should be totally neutral on the referendum debate, but they aren't. After all, people who are pro-independence do have to pay the license fee as well. The same can also be said of their monarchy love-in.

On top of that, they treat Scottish football with disdain considering we get less spent on our game than what the Scottish license fee payer actually contributes. The pundits on Match of the Day receive more money than our entire game. Ridiculous.

I could not disagree with this more. Try living abroad for a while if you want to see some really shite telly.

Err, I never criticised their television programs and I actually specifically said they produce a lot of good documentaries etc, which they do. That doesn't mean they should be ludicrously biased towards certain issues when they should be totally indifferent.

southside1874

Very difficult to predict the weather for these isles. 5 different weather fronts meet here.

Archived