Alcudia Majorca - Anyone been/going??

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Fly out on the 14th June!!! Cant wait, was wondering if anyone had any tips where to go/not to go???

blondejamtart

Been a couple of times, but it was quite a few years ago, but we enjoyed it very much. There is a really nice, long beach. A trip to Puerto Pollensa (just along the coast) is definitely recommended.

Been a couple of times, but it was quite a few years ago, but we enjoyed it very much. There is a really nice, long beach. A trip to Puerto Pollensa (just along the coast) is definitely recommended.

Puerto Pollenca is excellent.

Great if you have kids, loads of good places to eat.

Went to Alcudia for a day trip and the old walled city is ace. Again, good restaurants and a really good atmosphere.

But that's all I know about Alcudia, no idea about the nightlife.

If you have the time Pollenca town is worth a visit, as is Cala San Vicenze a wee bit further up the coast from Puerto Pollenca.

Been there several years ago. Excellent holiday with good food, decent beach, sunshine and of course sangria. Would recommend this as well as neighbouring resorts Caen Picafort and Puerto Pollensa.

Been there once. Stayed at The Alcudia PINs which was a great hotel. Huge pool and on the beach as well.

It changed names a couple of years ago after a salmonella outbreak.:confused:

The beach is great and stretches for miles.

It is hot and sunny and what else can you say. Take plenty money as the euro is strong just now. ;)

Been there once. Stayed at The Alcudia PINs which was a great hotel. Huge pool and on the beach as well.

It is hot and sunny and what else can you say. Take plenty money as the euro is strong just now. ;)

Stayed there a few years back as well (late 90's I think).

Thought the hotel was terrific, only complaint was it was almost impossible to get a bed by the pool as the place was packed. Never really affected us though, as we spent two weeks on the beach which was terrific. You could walk a good hundred/two hundred yards out and still be able to stand.

Fishing off the pear was brilliant as well.

Loved the place. Been to Mallorca about half a dozen times and love it.

Alcudia has a good(ish) water park, but the other 2 Aqua Park and Aqua City which are down near Magaluf and Palma.

If you hire a car, go down there for a meal or a day trip. Santa Ponsa is really nice as well.

Walter Bishop

We are staying at the club marte hotel,(part of the Jupiter/Saturno complex) and for the 1st time have decided to go all inclusive, so hopefully this will save a few bob as the takes can eat/drink whenever they please and you dont get "Can i get" every 2 mins!!! ;)

Fly out on the 14th June!!! Cant wait, was wondering if anyone had any tips where to go/not to go???

Alcudia that brings back memories, was my 1st ever holiday abroad (97'), was absolutely kacking it on the flight, but the hotel Lagotel where me and my ex hubby stayed was gorgeous, the only downside was that he burnt his feet on the 2nd day there and was laid up for a few days and we were only there for a week, mind that didnt stop me sunbathing from the moment i got up till teatime, whilst he put his feet up(covered ofcourse) on the balcony:)

Enjoy yourself, I'm sure you will. wish it was me going:(

I'm going to Alcudia on the 24th of May for 2 weeks...Fly out 2 Weeks on Saturday, Cannae F****** Wait!! 1st time I've been there! Have been told by a few people it's great...Me the wife and 2 kids, As long as the kids are happy I'm Happy, Nothing worse that a 9 year old and 20month old bored out their heids!!

I'll read the posts and see where to go, water parks are always a good idea!! :)

Oh my, that brings back memories.. :)

Haven't been to Alcudia since the mid-late nineties and it was pretty good for families if I remember rightly. The beach is huge, very clean white sand too....and most of the hotels seem much of a muchness. I don't necessarily recommend these places but for nostalgia purposes it would be interesting to know if the Laughing Duck bar was still on the go...(terrible karaoke but was open air and would often show the footy) and there was a club called Menta which had an indoor swimming pool...not the safest but it was a good laugh at the time!

Puerto Pollensa is much quieter and a lot less 'touristy' but the beach is lovely and well worth a day away if you get fed up of the crowds at Alcudia. The restaurants are good too. I was there for a week a few years ago and I think I preferred staying there to staying in Alcudia...

Whatever you do, take the boat trip out to an island called Formentor. It's seriously gorgeous and maybe someone else could tell you more...but it was allegedly used to film scenes in some Bond film. Anyway, it's gorgeous....a quick google search found these pics...gives you a good idea....

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=formentor&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

:)

I stayed at the Marte about 5 years ago. It is right across from the water park and a wee bit of a stroll down to the main town. Entertainment in the Hotel was decent but very busy. people going for tables about 5pm. Big boating lake full of green water wouldnt go near it. Sunbeds were a nightmare to get if you wanted to be near the pool and they have a landrover converted into a little train that takes you round the lake with the most annoying horn on it. Food was ok but you can use all the other hotels as well. Slow bar staff so double up your rounds when you go to the bar.

Doctor FinnBarr

Was at the Pins last year....... and its still called the Pins.

Made the mistake of going there last March, it was shut! (Alcudia that is).

I did turn into a tourist attraction after watching the 1-0 game against the Hobos when the wife and daughter had to stop me from falling into the harbour when I was feeding the fish!

:107years:

Legend Claws

Alcudia is ok as big touristy resorts go. I used to go to Puerto Pollensa alot with my family when I was younger and me and a few pals would head to Alcudia for a night out as PP didn't have too much to offer. As mentioned one of the clubs there 'Menta' had a pool inside and was crazy!

Formentor is def worth a visit. There was a huge yacht (I mean huge like multi million) and it allegedly belonged to Michael Douglas. There were 5 girls on the deck doing aerobics! Bear in mind this was the mid-late 90s so they were probably helping him with his 'addiction to sex'!

Archived