Wanyama

Walter Bishop

Optimus Prime

Thats a great bit of business for both clubs. Good fee for Celtic and Southampton get an outstanding player. Thought he would've went to a bigger club tbh.

Matthew Le Tissier

From what ive heard its his agent and celtic who have agreed terms with us and not the player. ?12mill is alot for a.sqaud player. Imo he isnt better than Schneiderlin or Cork.

yep great piece of business but as usual celtic seem to value their players more just because they are celtic, eg.. Gary Hooper they rekon is worh millions (for someone who scores tap-ins in the six yard box) yet the thumb valued nowhere near, but put the thumb in a celts top with the same goals he scored then theyed value him at many a million

Great player in be spl but whether he'd make the jump to the prem level and sustain his performances is a different question.

IMO there are better ways/players to spend 12m on

Stuart McNeill

Was expecting to be at one of the top 6 teams however when the monies there. It'll be anyone.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Very good player. He's the best I've seen up here in a wee while. He'll handle the EPL fine.

fabienleclerq

From what ive heard its his agent and celtic who have agreed terms with us and not the player. ?12mill is alot for a.sqaud player. Imo he isnt better than Schneiderlin or Cork.

Champions league player, they wouldn't be spending 12 mill if they didn't think he'd start.

Glasgow_Bear

Pains me to say it but you've got to hand it to them. They shift players extraordinarily well.

Had a laugh winding up a Celtic fan at work by saying you couldn't blame the boy for moving to the saints To better himself. The seethe was amazing it was just too easy. I think its great business on celtics part to get 12 mill for a boy they paid so little for.

Jambos_1874

He is a decent player who will no doubt fit in well in the EPL but I think ?12m is a gross overestimate of his abilities. I didn't think Southampton had that kind of money to throw about.

It's painful to see Celtic sell a single player for a value which would solve all of our financial difficulties.

Don't see it.

Startlingly mediocre midfielder that Celtic fans try to tell you is brilliant.

Meh.

Tells you all about what the EPL still look for, big strong athlete but much much better footballers out there for that kind of money.

Totally over rated... 2 games in the champions league and thats it.

This is not to say he is a bad player but a joke valuation.

Totally over rated... 2 games in the champions league and thats it.

This is not to say he is a bad player but a joke valuation.

James McCarthy is being linked with a ?20 million move, Andy Carroll has moved for a combined ?50 million, the whole valuation of British based players is a complete joke.

I think Wanyama's a tremendous prospect - I remember some angry young women shouting at me at half time in the game where Celtic destroyed us (3-0 after 20 odd minutes was it) for saying he was a great player.

Fozzyonthefence

He won't be a squad player and I've never heard of either of them so can't comment on that but no way Southampton will be paying ?12m for a squad player. Looks like's he not going anyway.

Fozzyonthefence

Had a laugh winding up a Celtic fan at work by saying you couldn't blame the boy for moving to the saints To better himself. The seethe was amazing it was just too easy. I think its great business on celtics part to get 12 mill for a boy they paid so little for.

You're right there - it is quite amusing to see Celtic and Rangers not being able to compete financially with the likes of Southampton or Wigan or even Championship teams these days - teams that not that long ago they would be signing the top players from, rather than the other way about. Scottish football being shite does have some advantages.

Poor man's Patrick Viera. There is potential for a decent player but it will take a good coach to get that potential fully realised.

Alan Johnson

Never a ?12 million player, but a lot worse will be shifted for similar amounts in the Premiership this summer. Sad state of affairs.

Archived