Player ratings

Coco

Very disappointing performance.

I thought Falkirk were by a long way the better team. I continue to be really impressed with John Hughes and the way his team play. Their cheap midfield dominated our 'world class' and 'classy' midfielders.

Banks - 5 - nothing much to do, one good save in 2nd half

Thomson - 3 - brutal tackle for booking, has to improve a lot in last 2 games to retain squad place surely (first time against decent players last night and he looked very poor)

Karipidis - 4 - again struggled against a big physical striker, not suited to SPL football (would do well in slower less physical football) - release

Berra - 6 - tried to hold it together again - a tremendous season from him

Goncalves - 6 - one of his better games

Kingston - 2 - played like he has a move lined up

Jonsson - 6 - huge workrate, needs coaching on positional play as he is trying to do to much to cover up for Palazuelos/Kingston

Palazuelos - 3 - passenger

Miko - 4 - looked like his good form was going to continue

Elliot - 3 - playing his way to being released

Glen - 3 - shame for him to go off

Mole - 2 - looked very heavy legged, why play him on the left wing?

Wallace - 4 - anonymous, not one of his better games

Chesney - 6 - took goal nicely, again why stick him on the wing?

Frail - 0 - 1 striker when 2 goals down? He is absolutely hopeless.

Guest GhostHunter

That's about it to be honest.

The rest of the team performance is irrelevant.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Very disappointing performance.

I thought Falkirk were by a long way the better team. I continue to be really impressed with John Hughes and the way his team play. Their cheap midfield dominated our 'world class' and 'classy' midfielders.

Banks - 5 - nothing much to do, one good save in 2nd half

Thomson - 3 - brutal tackle for booking, has to improve a lot in last 2 games to retain squad place surely (first time against decent players last night and he looked very poor)

Karipidis - 4 - again struggled against a big physical striker, not suited to SPL football (would do well in slower less physical football) - release

Berra - 6 - tried to hold it together again - a tremendous season from him

Goncalves - 6 - one of his better games

Kingston - 2 - played like he has a move lined up

Jonsson - 6 - huge workrate, needs coaching on positional play as he is trying to do to much to cover up for Palazuelos/Kingston

Palazuelos - 3 - passenger

Miko - 4 - looked like his good form was going to continue

Elliot - 3 - playing his way to being released

Glen - 3 - shame for him to go off

Mole - 2 - looked very heavy legged, why play him on the left wing?

Chesney - 6 - took goal nicely, again why stick him on the wing?

Through my bleary eyes I agree with most of that. I thought Larry and Ruben were completely hopeless and Elliot maintained the standards he's set this season. However, I think giving Jose a 6 is way too generous as he sold the jerseys at the second goal. I'd give him a 4.

hearts_crazy

Banks - 5 - a couple of good saves, but I thought he could have done more at their second

Thomson - 3 - Did he actually do anything of note? Fairly anonymous I thought

Karipidis - 5 - I don't think he played too badly but then I spent most of the game shouting at our completely ineffectual forwards and midfield

Berra - 6 - Grows in stature with every game, but he's not a leader, we need to bring someone in who is as that above anything else is what our team lacks - leadership

Goncalves - 6 - I thought he played OK overall, although he gifted them the second goal

Kingston - 0 - If he can't be bothered he can GTF. This game required him above all others to step up to the plate, he failed to do so.

Jonsson - 5 - Played OK

Palazuelos - 5 - Played OK

Miko - 4 - Pity he was injured because he may have provided the spark the game was missing

Elliot - minus 10 million - Just feck off Calum!!!!!!!!!!

Glen - 4- The only player who could have provided a proper goal threat, shame he was injured

Mole - 2 - WTF??

Wallace - 3 - Heedless chicken

Chesney - 5 - Good goal, needs to show more though

Banks 6

Thomson 4

Karipidis 6

Berra 7

Goncalves 7

Kingston 5

Jonsson 6

Palazuelos 6

Mikoliunas 6

Glen 6

Elliot 5

Subs

Mole 5

Wallace 5

Cesnauskis 7

chester copperpot

Banks 6

Thomson 4

Karipidis 5

Berra 6

Goncalves 5

Kingston 4

Jonsson 6

Palazuelos 4

Mikoliunas 4

Glen 4

Elliot 3

Subs

Mole 5

Wallace 4

Cesnauskis 6

A truelly shocking performance last night.

Banks - 5 - two good saves in first half. (But the ball was in the air for a long time for the second goal. Could he not at least have made an attempt to come for it?)

Thomson - 3 - Ordinary player, steady but unspectacular. Robbie V2. Poor crosses.

Karipidis - 4 - Struggled against a big physical striker, but at least tried and attempted to pass the ball.

Berra - 2 - Looked lost and clumsy. No leadership. Got in his team-mates way several times. Couldn't find a pass to a colleague if it slapped him. Scotland international? You must be joking.

Goncalves - 3 -Totally at fault for 2nd goal. Lost an opponent who was simply jogging into the box.

Kingston - 2 - No effort. Couldn't be bothered.

Jonsson - 4 - OK workrate, but needs an attacking midfielder alongside him. Ruben is not the answer.

Palazuelos - 3 - OK if he can pass sideways or backwards. Creates little and is slow of thought. Might be better with someone other than Jonsson beside him, but IMO vastly over-rated.

Miko - 2 - Injured, but was looking interested.

Elliot - 2 - playing his way to being released

Glen - 2 - shame for him to go off

Mole - 4 - looked better to me than earlier in season.

Chesney - 6 - The only class and real effort on show.

Frail - 0 - Clueless.

We appear totally rudderless with no leadership on or off the park. Outclassed by a very poor (by their previous standards) Falkirk team. God knows what they would have done to us with Gow, a fit Latapy and the lad who went to Sunderland!

End of the season can't come quick enough.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Banks 5 - Should be taking command at set pieces.

Thomson 2 - Very poor both in possession and defensively

Karipidis 6 - Solid enough, doesn't like strikers mixing it though

Berra 6 - Solid throughout, not a captain in a million years

Goncalves 2 - Just leave

Kingston 2 - Going through the motions now, his effort is embarrasing

Jonsson 2 - Got nothing from him, suffering from playing beside Ruben

Palazuelos 2 - Pish. Suffering from playing beside Jonsson

Mikoliunas 2 - Started brightly but got an injury

Glen 2 - Started brightly but got an injury

Elliot 0 - Hopeless. Not going to bother explaining why.

Subs

Mole 1 - Nothing at all.

Wallace 5 - Looked decent when he came on, shocking that he's not starting

Cesnauskis 6 - Good goal

Frail - A big fat 0. If he gets the job we are in serious trouble.

Worst performance of the season.

I have tried to support the players the best I can, however Kingston was an absolute disgrace. What a total joke if that is the effort you can put in on so much money. I also think that Frail has lost interest as well. There is only so often a manager can get away with putting a team on the park that dont give a sh*t. :evilno:

Looks like Larry isn't the "world class" player people thought he was,defo has the skill but no class.

Footballfirst

I'm not sure about the 5/6 ratings for Ruben & Eggert. Both sat in front of the defence (Frail's tactics ?) with 40 yards ahead of them to the "strikers". You cannot expect to win any game if your central midfielders don't provide any support to the front men.

Needs a change to 4-1-4-1 if we are going to play with one out and out striker. Either Ruben or Eggert needs to change their role to be more forward thinking.

Archived