Time for Jim Jefferies to come home

Jack_Bauer

I think we are passed the point of expecting to challenge for the league next season, just being in existence would probably suit many fans.

No disrespect to Gary Locke but i think we need a heavy weight fotball manager with us now and someone who just like Gary cares passionately about the club to ensure we at least have a fighting chance of hawling back the 15 points with a young squad.

I want JJ to return to Tunecastle to work with Gary to get as ahead of the wee team by October. I think it will prompt a number of fans to buy season tickets who are perhaps sitting on the fence at the moment and will add further steam to the powerful movement that continues to build momentum.

We need a safe pair of hands. JJ, I want you back.

Jambos_1874

Fans can't afford to "sit on the fence". The club is in serious difficulty and if anyone is holding off on buying a season ticket because of concerns about the manager then they need to get over it as the club's survival is under threat.

It would be good to have JJ back but we need to get behind Gary Locke as he is the current manager.

Fans can't afford to "sit on the fence". The club is in serious difficulty and if anyone is holding off on buying a season ticket because of concerns about the manager then they need to get over it as the club's survival is under threat.

It would be good to have JJ back but we need to get behind Gary Locke as he is the current manager.

What he said times to leave indifferent feelings behind and get behind hearts cause no hearts is not worth contemplating

Horatio Caine

I think from JJ's point of view it would be a case of out of the frying pan etc etc.

Yes, it's tough for Lockie but give the guy a chance. He's not short of people to offer him advice (and I don't mean the JKB consultants!).

Hearts Heritage

No thanks .

Was very good up to Cup win.

Shocking set of results following season.

2nd spell average

JJ is going through the same circumstances as we are. We'd be naive to think he'd just ditch Dunfermline to come back to us.

8 of my pals are not renewing until jj has s role at hearts. I agree

I find that very difficult to believe. Those 8 pals.............have they had season tickets at any time after 1998?

Jambos_1874

I really hope you're just taking the p*ss.

queensferryjambo

2nd spell average

Average? We came 3rd in the league and had an excellent run of games mid season 12 wins from 15 games and 6 wins in a row. We beat Hibs, Celtic and Rangers - how is that average?

Oh and I agree Locke is the manager and we should be getting behind him.

unbelievable!!

im not lookiing for debate here. JJ is more experienced than Locke obviously. If he were to throw his hat in the ring, we'd be bonkers to turn it down. It would have an extremely positive effect on us.

We cannot just give someone a go for the sake of it. We start with -15 - very real chance of relegation next season and id rather go with experience than a rookie.

The People's Chimp

This.

Know at least 5 guys who are the same mate.

tartofmidlothian

This thread is, at best, irrrelevant. We need to back the manager we have.

This x51000. Although if JJ was to leave Dunfermline at any point over the next season it'd be good to see him help out what's sure to be a thinly-spread coaching staff.

queensferryjambo

So let me get this right 13 guys who are friends of two of our board members won't help Hearts because they can't get what they want at the club?

Give your friends a shake - without them the club might not be here with JJ or without.

Jambos_1874

This.

I hope you get stuck into them for not renewing because that kind of attitude will kill the club.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

15 of my m8's will no be back till we sign Messi.

ahahahaha

Great craic eh !

Ridiculous mentality. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Average? We came 3rd in the league and had an excellent run of games mid season 12 wins from 15 games and 6 wins in a row. We beat Hibs, Celtic and Rangers - how is that average?

Oh and I agree Locke is the manager and we should be getting behind him.

I know, alot of suppporters forget the SPL was a different beast 18 years ago...........years, 18 years.

And the run you point out seems to be much undermined by many who don`t like JJ.

Our stats man really nutshelled his time above but if we look at it in more detail, he built the club up over 3 seasons which culminated in a very much deserved cup win and a league challenge. 98-99 was horrific given the squad we had but he bounced back yet again in following seasons.

Having said that, i don`t want JJ back as manager but if he offered his services to tutor Lockie i`d be very happy,

This.

Well me and my mate are not renewing until the Lazlo/Burger dream team are reappointed.

Ive got no doubt JJ will be back it the club in some capacity at some point in the not to distant future if the new owners are Jambos :thumb:

Captain Canada

Is he not under contract at Dunfermline anyway? If so, where is the compensation money coming from?

Gary Locke deserves his chance. JJ's time has definitely been and gone.

Oxford City

Ive got no doubt JJ will be back it the club in some capacity at some point in the not to distant future if the new owners are Jambos :thumb:

I don't doubt it either. He's said as much. But we have a manager. The supposed people who won't renew until JJ comes back should have a long hard look at themselves.

kingantti1874

This.

They just want Jim jefferies to be the manager forever and forever? Hes had 3 wonderful stints at the club.. A dream for most of us who are at least as much of a jambo as Jim... I'd like to see him back at the club but honestly not in a managerial capacity..

And those 5guys are welts

Some people will use any excuse. No intention of renewing. Be along for the finals tho..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Paying people off not taking them on. Thick thread

Hot since 86

Trolling at a time like this is a new low for some posters.

My pals aren't renewing likes LAWL, shite chat

Voice of reason

I don't remember massive increases in our crowds when JJ was appointed or massive drops when he left. I'd rather have Locke in any case to be honest. Seems strange to divert attention from fundraising with this, particularly on a day when Locke has made a financial sacrifice for the club.

I find that very difficult to believe. Those 8 pals.............have they had season tickets at any time after 1998?

unbelievable!!

So let me get this right 13 guys who are friends of two of our board members won't help Hearts because they can't get what they want at the club?

Give your friends a shake - without them the club might not be here with JJ or without.

I hope you get stuck into them for not renewing because that kind of attitude will kill the club.

Some people will use any excuse. No intention of renewing. Be along for the finals tho..

:facepalm:

Spot on. Not renewing until Vlad goes. Not renewing until JJ returns. Not renewing until Messi signs.

mods please close - didnt mean to create a divisive thread. Just want to ensure that if we are still here next season that we are as well equiped as we can be in the circumstances.

I don't doubt it either. He's said as much. But we have a manager. The supposed people who won't renew until JJ comes back should have a long hard look at themselves.

Its a wind up mate, some folk just cant help themselves :thumb:

Got to be a wind up!

Where is the money going to come from 2 pay jj's salary and lockes compensation when u bin him? If u want jj that bad get a season ticket for East End park

The Real Maroonblood

Are you a WUM?

Woolfords Hearts

Where is the money going to come from 2 pay jj's salary and lockes compensation when u bin him? If u want jj that bad get a season ticket for East End park

Lockes a big Hearts man so he wouldn't want compo.

Or would he?

Bring back JJ.

Fermit the Krog

I worry about some people.

And it's not those imaginary people who won't renew until 'JJ is back'

Honest to God.

:facepalm:

JJ for Director of Football...John Murray to focus on Academy (if anything)...that would work for me.

Gary Locke is v inexperienced, and the season coming is going to be horrendous.

Archived