Munich Hotel recommendations?

sarissa

I am looking at extending a proposed holiday with 3 nights in Munich nest month to see the city.

Any recommendations for a not too large 2/3 star hotel within walking distance of the major stourist sites?

http://www.hotelenglischergarten.de/

This place is quite good. Just beside the Englischer Garten, as the name suggests, and in the very stylish district of Schwabing. Small and quite old fashioned. Just watch they don't farm you out to some of their satellite rooms in nearby buildings.

The Real Maroonblood

I am looking at extending a proposed holiday with 3 nights in Munich nest month to see the city.

Any recommendations for a not too large 2/3 star hotel within walking distance of the major stourist sites?

I have stayed 3 times in the Best Western Atrium Hotel and it's only 5 minutest from the main station and a only a 10 minute walk from Marienplatz.

Good hotel and great breakfasts.

Usually go to a place called Freising, just outside Munich (with work).

It's on the s-bahn route so only about 20 - 30 minutes from Munich city centre. Fantastic restaurants + the oldest brewery in the world (Weihenstephane) just up on the hill.

Slightly cheaper than Munich itself but a great wee town.

Stayed at a place called Vi Vadi for Oktoberfest a couple of years ago - good basic hotel about 5 mins walk from the station - would use it again

Mr Brightside

Stayed at a place called Vi Vadi for Oktoberfest a couple of years ago - good basic hotel about 5 mins walk from the station - would use it again

Stayed in the vi vadi for a stag do in February. It's a decent 2-3 star hotel. Rooms are clean but try and get a non smoking room if you can.

Archived