Vlad thick as mince?

jambovambo

tartofmidlothian

Great interview and plenty of good insight. The last paragraph is especially spot on.

I don't blame Vlad for bailing us out from Pieman, for his businesses going tits up and that having a knock-on effect or even most of his crackpot footballing decisions. The only major ****-up was not working on the debt over his years in charge to make us saleable when it all ended.

FarmerTweedy

There's no doubt in my mind that if we could ever find an owner willing and able to back anything like the sort of spending that went on in Vlad's first few years owning the club, but also with the sense to run the club in a sensible, rational manner, investing some of that money in infrastructure (primarily replacement main stand or entirely new ground), and letting knowledgeable football people run the football side of things, a major long-term step change in the club's standing and prospects could fairly easily be achieved. Of course, if folk have that sort of money and sense, the sense stops them investing in football clubs in the first place!

Stewart walked back into Tynecastle in 2007 ? having previously played for the club on loan from Manchester United before a two-year spell at Hibernian ? only to be met by "an utter shambles".

Good to hear an insider who obviously still cares a lot about the club telling it the way it was.

Chris Benoit

Stewart walked back into Tynecastle in 2007 ? having previously played for the club on loan from Manchester United before a two-year spell at Hibernian ? only to be met by "an utter shambles".

Good to hear an insider who obviously still cares a lot about the club telling it the way it was.

:lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Vlad was sensible would he ever have bought HMFC in the first place?

If Vlad was sensible would he ever have bought HMFC in the first place?

That is a good question. I some how doubt it.

Archived