USA and other fans

DesertDawg

So, we have a situation here where the club in administration needs cash to survive. All we have in exchange for our cash is the promise of a club future and a ticket to every game for next season.....maybe. We probably also have an obligation to reward the club for past victories and entertainment.

O.K. I'd like to contribute to a few season tickets but I CAN'T. I don't have a U.K. bank account and can't send cash. What's your solution BDO?

And while we're on the subject of BDO......it would be good to have some logic behind their redundancy plan. Why are they making any staff redundant when the club has no income? Either the funds will go up with our contributions or we will fail....when every employee at the club will be redundant anyway.

Our club is not lost. We can save it but we need a lot more honesty and transparency from those in charge.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Admirable sentiment on season tickets but give BDO a chance. They've walked into a disastrous situation. I'd be surprised (and very disappointed) if they weren't able to have credit card payments up and running by early next week. And it makes sense - however horrible for those involved - to make redundancies. This is because the amount that needs to be raised to keep the club going is less than it otherwise would be. BDO have been as transparent as possible up until this point.

Theres plenty overseas fans donating directly through JKB.

Dont think you even need a paypal account ,sure you can do a one off payment.

So, we have a situation here where the club in administration needs cash to survive. All we have in exchange for our cash is the promise of a club future and a ticket to every game for next season.....maybe. We probably also have an obligation to reward the club for past victories and entertainment.

O.K. I'd like to contribute to a few season tickets but I CAN'T. I don't have a U.K. bank account and can't send cash. What's your solution BDO?

And while we're on the subject of BDO......it would be good to have some logic behind their redundancy plan. Why are they making any staff redundant when the club has no income? Either the funds will go up with our contributions or we will fail....when every employee at the club will be redundant anyway.

Our club is not lost. We can save it but we need a lot more honesty and transparency from those in charge.

I think one possible solution is this:

Someone (or some people) on here who are both entirely trusted and have the time could accept payments for overseas (or even out of the Edinburgh area) fans who want to purchase season tickets or even match tickets. It would mean of course passing over all necessary details, and the buyer would also need to be registered with Hearts already. Arrangements could then be made between parties re collections.

Of course another solution is that the buyer simply uses someone they know over here to do the same.

One thing I'm not sure about is how international bank transfers work. Anybody know? Even if there's a time delay or fee, I'm sure any issues aren't insurmountable.

I'm hoping that the BDO will come out with a statement early next week. If the headlines are to be believed, the club is doomed but then again very saveable.

I have already donated some money via kick back and I am willing to buy a season ticket I'll probably never be able to use. I am also willing to pledge to the Federation of hearts. I just really want to understand the best place to put my limited funds.

If the BDO Release a statement next week saying it is very likely the club will be bought but season ticket purchases are still required for short term funding, then I'm in.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is keeping their powder dry just now. I already spent a lot on shares at the end of last year, and I don't want to put more good money after bad.

Can you not pay by debit card over the phone????

As I'm in the same situation. If this is not possible can we organise to make a donation but leave a comment . This is for a season ticket to be raffled.

Failing that a western union transfer to a trusted member would work.

I'm based in the US, but have a UK bank account. I have bought a season ticket for the last three years for my good friend that can't afford to buy one. I also bought shares, but I have to draw the line at that, I just can't afford any more, especially with the poor exchange rate.

It was my friend that first introduced me to Heart of Midlothian, and I'll be forever grateful for that.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'll be donating once I get paid through kickback.

You get paid through Kickback? Cool, which mod are you?

:10900:

Damn you beat me to it! :D

snake gets a kickback from kickback? :11200: :10900:

Snake Plissken

snake gets a kickback from kickback? :11200: :10900:

:lol:

Here we learn the importance of commas.

Archived