Webster

seebeegee

Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere but it appears we'll lose Andy Webster according to STV. His contract is up and due to the transfer embargo we're unable to re-sign him.

I wonder whether we could now offer Mullen a new deal and get Sutton and Hamill on reduced terms

Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere but it appears we'll lose Andy Webster according to STV. His contract is up and due to the transfer embargo we're unable to re-sign him.

That sounds unlikely to me. If we were banned from giving existing players a new contract, it is conceivable that we could end up with no players at all. Not even the SPL could be that stupid.

That sounds unlikely to me. If we were banned from giving existing players a new contract, it is conceivable that we could end up with no players at all. Not even the SPL could be that stupid.

You sure?

Benny Factor

We still hold his registration. He could sign a new contract right now if we were in a position to offer him one. Same goes for all the other players who's contracts have come to an end.

I think that was the point of it. His contract has expired so he's technically no longer a Hearts player. We can't extend the contract of a player we don't own.

Hannibal Lecter

I wonder whether we could now offer Mullen a new deal and get Sutton and Hamill on reduced terms

Couldn't offer Mullen a new deal as he has been released so he is no longer a Hearts player, and with a signing embargo would be unable to sign him again.

Jambof3tornado

I think that was the point of it. His contract has expired so he's technically no longer a Hearts player. We can't extend the contract of a player we don't own.

Yes we can if he was last registered with us.

Benny Factor

Couldn't offer Mullen a new deal as he has been released so he is no longer a Hearts player, and with a signing embargo would be unable to sign him again.

We could. It's a registration embargo, but until any of these players are registered with another club, we still hold their registration. It's a moot point anyways, as we won't be offering anything to anyone at the moment.

i wish jj was my dad

As much as I'd love to keep Andy, I doubt we can pay what he wants.

Best for all if he moves on.

Big season for young Brad McKay as it will only be him, McGowan and McGhee as centre backs next season

As much as I'd love to keep Andy, I doubt we can pay what he wants.

Best for all if he moves on.

I would like to think that he would play for less wages. I mean how many thousands of pounds do you need to earn a week!? Plus we gave him his career!

Just watched the teatime STV Edinburgh News on STV Player again and reporter Andy Chambers clearly says Webster cannot be re-signed. It's right at the end of the Gary Locke interview for those interested.

i wish jj was my dad

I would like to think that he would play for less wages. I mean how many thousands of pounds do you need to earn a week!? Plus we gave him his career!

I'd love to see AW at HMFC next season but while I've no idea what his financial circumstances are I'm pretty confident that he can find better offers elsewhere. This will probably be his last major contract so I wouldn't grudge him taking the most lucrative offer available.

That said. I'm sure when he reflects he will regret turning down an offer in 2006 that would have set him up for life and would have led to 50+ Scotland caps.

Well done charlie Duddy and Gordon Smith, eh?

There's no way he'll be staying but he is registered with Hearts so he could sign a new contract technically.

What would happen if all players were out of contract ?

It would mean you could not sign anyone.

Take it 1874 in the username is the new Rousset avatar?

Check my previous mate if you think I'm a hobo etc I couldn't give a shit but I posted something I'd heard that's all.

Don't think I'd have offered morph ?125 towards a season ticket etc if I was a hobo.

What would happen if all players were out of contract ?

It would mean you could not sign anyone.

Exactly. The registration embargo stops you signing new players, no resigning ones you already have.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No big loss really... It's not the most pressing thing on my mind to be honest.

Cheerio Andy, thanks for the good times and I'll never forget the way you tried to **** my club over, just to sign for a club that never rated you, but wanted to weaken Hearts.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I look forward to Andy coming forward and pledging to play for the club for a ?10 a week until the finances are sorted.

I'm patient, I will wait.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I look forward to Andy coming forward and pledging to play for the club for a ?10 a week until the finances are sorted.

I'm patient, I will wait.

See you about 2063 mate... We can toast his donation.with moon juice. :thumbsup:

See you about 2063 mate... We can toast his donation.with moon juice. :thumbsup:

:D

Would expect him to join der hun, their embarrassingly weak at the back Atm

Yeah we can. Hearts still own his registration and will do until he plays for another team. So effectively it would just be renewing his contract.

I don't see that happening though.

HillmanHearts

So we could maybe keep Zal then ?

:10600:

Granted he needs to take a big ( hugemungious ) wage cut !

The BDO guy Bryan Jackson said they would be in touch with the SPFL re this situation if necessary. It was mentioned elsewhere they may lift the embargo in some limited capacity to allow us to sign enough players, if it came to it. Certainly they can't just leave us in a situation where we can't sign players and don't have enough to fulfil fixtures, that would be out of order.

Been nothing without Zal beside him and to think people believed he was better than our heroic, cup-winning captain.

:cornette:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Talking with Hibs I heard

So they'll have a centre half partnership of Webster & Danny Wilson next season, accordimg to JKB! :lol:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

So they'll have a centre half partnership of Webster & Danny Wilson next season, accordimg to JKB! :lol:

I know, what a load of pish.

Talking with Hibs I heard

Somehow I don't think him and his Scottish cup medals would fit in over there. Is it 4 he has won? Two with us, rangers, and Dundee united?

Tommy Wiseau

Somehow I don't think him and his Scottish cup medals would fit in over there. Is it 4 he has won? Two with us, rangers, and Dundee united?

:lol:

Two, he's won. One with us, one with United.

... And Fraser Mullen at right back.

Still equals what Hibs as a club have won.

Gregory House M.D.

3. Might've refused a medal but he won 3. 2 with us.

3. Might've refused a medal but he won 3. 2 with us.

He wasn't in the squad against Gretna.

Archived