How to beat Hearts in 3 easy steps

captain

I spent Friday in the company of various people who work for Falkirk FC and in the evening John Hughes was my guest at an event.

Between him, his kit man Cheb and one of his scouts who had watched Hearts the week before I learned the following foolproof plan to beat us. And it was all too true tonight.

1. Hearts full backs tuck right in so stay wide and you'll get lots of joy - second goal and the farce that is Jose would back that up.

2. Hearts' wingers don't track back and they leave their defensive duties behind at times - see first and second goal re Larry

3. Hard work can beat ability when ability doesn't work hard - that would sum up our season.

It was that easy.

Only a Game

Did he mention shocking marking at set pieces and cross balls ? Because thats what really cost both goals tonight

rudi must stay
I spent Friday in the company of various people who work for Falkirk FC and in the evening John Hughes was my guest at an event.

Between him, his kit man Cheb and one of his scouts who had watched Hearts the week before I learned the following foolproof plan to beat us. And it was all too true tonight.

1. Hearts full backs tuck right in so stay wide and you'll get lots of joy - second goal and the farce that is Jose would back that up.

2. Hearts' wingers don't track back and they leave their defensive duties behind at times - see first and second goal re Larry

3. Hard work can beat ability when ability doesn't work hard - that would sum up our season.

It was that easy.

the 2nd is the most important of all. We've lost so many goals cos of our players not tracking back :evilno:

Did he mention shocking marking at set pieces and cross balls ? Because thats what really cost both goals tonight

First goal we left a boy in acres of space, arguably Larry's man but Larry would rather stand on the post.

Second goal Thomson got sucked in like Jose does, and Larry was ball watching.

It would have been easier just to phone him and say we're mince!

markletissier

spot on.

Nelly Terraces

It was that easy.

You only needed to perform steps 1 and 2, as the ability you mention in 3, quite simply, we don't possess.

Only a Game
First goal we left a boy in acres of space, arguably Larry's man but Larry would rather stand on the post.

Second goal Thomson got sucked in like Jose does, and Larry was ball watching.

It would have been easier just to phone him and say we're mince!

Larry's been on the post at corners since he was born. I thought Berra was the closest to the lad who scored, but no where near tight enough. The boy could have filled in a bookie's line and lit a fag up before scoring.

Second goal fair enough on your points. We allowed the cross too cheaply, but Karapidis (I think it was) just let the boy nip in and have a free heeder ??

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There is one simple way to beat Hearts.

Put 100% in and you are guaranteed the points regardless of your teams ability.

Our players have no heart.

There is one simple way to beat Hearts.

Put 100% in and you are guaranteed the points regardless of your teams ability.

Our players have no heart.

I think it's easy to look at a team that are playing poorly and say they have no heart. Tonight I would label that accusation at Kingston and Wallace. I'd say there are a lot of players either lacking in confidence or knowledge of what their job is on the pitch.

We obviously know the problems of the second reason. The first is a little harder to spot. Sometimes when I play football, if I was having an absolute shocker my confidence would be so drained that I wouldn't work as hard. This wouldn't mean I didn't have heart, I would still really want to win but would feel so deflated I feel I couldn't. You'd obviously expect much more from professional footballers but there you go. I think some players may be suffering from this when things go wrong.

No heart, little confidence and little knowledge can all be remedied with a good manager.

4marsbars

Still, at least we're playing with more spirit and passion than when that Phressley was captain. What a layabout he was. Never tried a leg. And if one of his team was out of position or not paying attention, he never did anything about it, just let it go.

(I see the Pressley thread's closed now, but still cannot believe the abuse he gets from people who have seen Hearts pre- and post-SP)

Ryan Gosling

There's no reason for a lack of confidence from most players. We were unbeaten in 7.

All he had to do was look across the technical area and see Frail. When it isn't working Frail has no idea how to change it. Clueless and inept.

Boab Mugabe

The non-marking for Faliraki's two goals has been evident for a good couple of seasons now. The second one was in the air forever and Finnegan had the freedom of Central Scotland to nod it in. Unforgiveable.

Get things into the box and we will try our hardest to give teams free headers/shots.

It was that easy.

That has been the biggest sticking point for me under vlads management since burley left basically

It was that easy.

I give Hughes a fair bit of credit for that but to be fair they are obvious. We have players like Kingston who 'cheat' and don't go back. And our full backs are obviously told to tuck in.

Two other points - clearly Hughes told their big striker to pull onto Karipidis who can't cope with the physical stuff. And he told Moutinho to attack the space behind the immobile Palazuelos. Both worked well.

I think Hughes is a manager we should be looking at to bring in.

I give Hughes a fair bit of credit for that but to be fair they are obvious. We have players like Kingston who 'cheat' and don't go back. And our full backs are obviously told to tuck in.

Two other points - clearly Hughes told their big striker to pull onto Karipidis who can't cope with the physical stuff. And he told Moutinho to attack the space behind the immobile Palazuelos. Both worked well.

I think Hughes is a manager we should be looking at to bring in.

I'd rather burn Tynie down to the ground than have that Hibs bassa as our boss.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I think it's easy to look at a team that are playing poorly and say they have no heart. Tonight I would label that accusation at Kingston and Wallace. I'd say there are a lot of players either lacking in confidence or knowledge of what their job is on the pitch.

We obviously know the problems of the second reason. The first is a little harder to spot. Sometimes when I play football, if I was having an absolute shocker my confidence would be so drained that I wouldn't work as hard. This wouldn't mean I didn't have heart, I would still really want to win but would feel so deflated I feel I couldn't. You'd obviously expect much more from professional footballers but there you go. I think some players may be suffering from this when things go wrong.

No heart, little confidence and little knowledge can all be remedied with a good manager.

I see what you are saying mate but don't really agree.

There is such a lack of urgency and willingness to get the ball back once we lose the ball it is scary.

As Peanut pointed out, we were unbeaten in 7 going into the game so I don't see any reason to be lacking confidence.

Nucky Thompson

It was that easy.

They only used one easy step, boot us off the pitch:mad:

Nelly Terraces
They only used one easy step, boot us off the pitch:mad:

Aye right Roman. We were utter gash, as per usual. Little word to the wise mate, you know WHY we were gash - because the players and 'manager' are. It's quite simple mate.:)

I like the way his team plays. Sensible defending, pass and move triangles and pressing in midfield. Obviously lack top class strikers though.

I think that the transition post Latapy has been managed well too.

He has great enthusiasm, would sort out the dressing room, is clearly willing to put in the hard work to scout players and confident enough to call Premiership managers to get in their squad players. Uses sports science where he can.

I think his record at Falkirk is brilliant. And unexpected too given the unsophisticated way he played.

lambojambo
As much as it pains me we could and probably will do a lot worse.

I don't like the guy, but have heard him a few times talking about the game and he has been pretty impressive. Talks a lot of sense.

That's if you can make out a word he says! :confused:

[/b]

That's if you can make out a word he says! :confused:

I am not sure that after a couple of years where we have had VR, Chernenkov, Malofeev, Korobotcha managing the side that we can criticise John Hughes for how he speaks in his interviews.

The People's Chimp
the 2nd is the most important of all. We've lost so many goals cos of our players not tracking back :evilno:

Including the current golden boy ruben.

The reality is we are not strong enough tactically

We are not flexible enough tactically.

Last night was the first I watched of Hearts since the Rangers game.

One thing I wondered was - what is our style of football?

I know there are obvious sweary words which can be said

But, what is our style of football? We seem to be a team without an identity.

Spitonastranger

It was that easy.

Hughes is a c**k, did he give you any other tips on how they have won the league due to his tactical genius:confused:what about the thuggery of his good honest scottish laddies:mad:we are in a bad way, but we dont have to listen to him:evilno:

You only needed to perform steps 1 and 2, as the ability you mention in 3, quite simply, we don't possess.

Maybe a manager could help them

But you'd let some Mode Edit clueless russian ******* run the club???

we probably need an ex rangers man as manager... just so we can get back into the SFA good books... when the SFA and the media don't hate you, results start going your way...

Cliffundo
Aye right Roman. We were utter gash, as per usual. Little word to the wise mate, you know WHY we were gash - because the players and 'manager' are. It's quite simple mate.:)

he still comes on here applauding all things Vr.

always defending the regime.

makes you wonder whats in it for them! surely these guys did not enjoy last night? or this season for that matter?

Archived