tonights fitbaw

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The old saying.... never make a substitution when defending a set piece.

Good delivery though.

EDIT...Oh no Keown said it too !!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caspian Primrose

Commentators said this game is like a playstation game. It really has been at times!

wHAT A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL, gOD KNOWS HOW jAPAN NEVER SCORED TO GO 4-3 UP THERE.

Aw feck, had caps lock on and can't be arsed changing it.

How good is that from de Rossi.

Best game I've seen in a long time. More of the same next year plz.

Slevinkelevra

One of the best games I have seen in a long time, japan unlucky to be losing... 4-4 anyone?? :-)

Harry Palmer

Offside goal for Japan, correct decision.

Italy look keech in defence.

One of the best games I have seen in a long time, japan unlucky to be losing... 4-4 anyone?? :-)

Soothsayer ....... oh wait.... offside :(

Soothsayer ....... oh wait.... offside :(

That's Lawsons title tonight :cheesy: .......................................(so far)

rossthejambo

What a game this is! Totally worth the struggle I'm going to have getting up for work tomorrow.

Italy at 9/2 at half time :pleasing:

heartsfc_fan

I hate international football, but that was up there with one of the best games I've seen.

Gregory House M.D.

Japan are a weird one. They are all technically excellent but they just lack that bite and determination European players have.

:really:

Astute observation.

shaun.lawson

That's Lawsons title tonight :cheesy: .......................................(so far)

I thank you. :smuggy:

Italy? Positive, open, a reflection of their terrific manager. Ever noticed how many matches involving Prandelli's Italy are among the best international games anywhere nowadays? That's a direct result of how they approach things. Love this team; love Prandelli too. :wub:

Japan? Making giant strides forward: think where they were when the J-League began, or even just before they jointly hosted the World Cup, and where they are now. Fast, technical, bold: good Italian coach they have too. But while they were partly robbed tonight, they were also both naive and, in the end, lacking that extra bit of belief which makes all the difference at this level.

It's one thing out-playing a heavyweight side like Italy. Beating them is another thing entirely. Which is why the same sides always win the biggest tournament of all - and however much depth there is in international football nowadays, that ain't changing for decades to come, I suspect.

shaun.lawson

Astute observation.

That's not as accurate an observation as it once was. But to some extent, it is still accurate I'm afraid. It's certainly part of the reason why they played so well tonight - but lost.

Astute observation.

Aye dropping a two goal lead is a great example of bite and determination bobo.

That was honestly one of the most enjoyable matches of football I've seen, all it was missing was the fairytale ending for Japan. Absolutely gutted for them.

Gregory House M.D.

I thank you. :smuggy:

Italy? Positive, open, a reflection of their terrific manager. Ever noticed how many matches involving Prandelli's Italy are among the best international games anywhere nowadays? That's a direct result of how they approach things. Love this team; love Prandelli too. :wub:

Japan? Making giant strides forward: think where they were when the J-League began, or even just before they jointly hosted the World Cup, and where they are now. Fast, technical, bold: good Italian coach they have too. But while they were partly robbed tonight, they were also both naive and, in the end, lacking in that extra bit of belief which makes all the difference at this level.

It's one thing out-playing a heavyweight side like Italy. Beating them is another thing entirely. Which is why the same sides always win the biggest tournaments - and however much depth there is in international football nowadays, that ain't changing for decades to come, I suspect.

It changed in 2008 Shaun when the perennial underachievers started their journey to the title of the worlds most efficient national side ever.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye dropping a two goal lead is a great example of bite and determination bobo.

Fought right to the death and were beaten by a better side they pished all over. Aye, Partridge. Nae grit.

shaun.lawson

It changed in 2008 Shaun when the perennial underachievers started their journey to the title of the worlds most efficient national side ever.

But amongst all those countries who've never won it, there's only one nation left who are remotely likely to win the World Cup any time soon: Holland. After that, it'll be decades and decades before anyone else (the US, I reckon) manage it.

Between them, just seven countries have contested the last ELEVEN World Cup Finals. Tells its own story, that.

Fought right to the death and were beaten by a better side they pished all over. Aye, Partridge. Nae grit.

Correct. Taking their two games Ito consideration, my opinion has not changed.

Archived