UK TV Recommendations

Rab

I have access to the usual suspects for UK TV programmes, but its hard to know what's good. I like to have a UK series on the go even tho the majority of what I watch are US boxsets these days.

So, JKB, enlighten me, what's been good on the box recently over there? Dramas or comedies preferred, not interested in soaps or reality shows.

I have access to the usual suspects for UK TV programmes, but its hard to know what's good. I like to have a UK series on the go even tho the majority of what I watch are US boxsets these days.

So, JKB, enlighten me, what's been good on the box recently over there? Dramas or comedies preferred, not interested in soaps or reality shows.

How recently?

Jambos_1874

There's not been any UK TV series of note on recently. You should just delve into some of the classic DVD box sets - I recommend starting with Blackadder!

How recently?

A lot more recently than Blackadder, put it that way!

The last 12 months?

Broadchurch was an interesting series. Nicely paced and written.

Looks good! Cheers.

A lot more recently than Blackadder, put it that way!

The last 12 months?

I fairly enjoyed Line of Duty, Good Cop, Luther, Sherlock. Have you seen the last series of The Thick of It yet?

I've probably forgot others, though I've watched more of the Scandinavian series recently.

You'll be lucky to get any good UK Comedies at the minute. :down:

I fairly enjoyed Line of Duty, Good Cop, Luther, Sherlock. Have you seen the last series of The Thick of It yet?

I've probably forgot others, though I've watched more of the Scandinavian series recently.

You'll be lucky to get any good UK Comedies at the minute. :down:

Luther and Sherlock I'm already familiar with.

Line of Duty and Good Cop look good - cheers!

Luther and Sherlock I'm already familiar with.

Line of Duty and Good Cop look good - cheers!

Hopefully you'll enjoy them both. I thought Line of Duty was particularly good.

New series of Luther starts next month.

To be honest, I rarely bring myself to watch TV because I literally never find anything to watch.

Only thing I watch regularly is sports. Other than that, if I ever do bother watching something, it's a programme that I've seen a good few times before.

My girlfriend likes all the reality stuff, mainly including emergency services and the likes.

Doesn't interest me at all really.

To be honest, I rarely bring myself to watch TV because I literally never find anything to watch.

Only thing I watch regularly is sports. Other than that, if I ever do bother watching something, it's a programme that I've seen a good few times before.

My girlfriend likes all the reality stuff, mainly including emergency services and the likes.

Doesn't interest me at all really.

Thanks for your contribution :)

rossthejambo

The Fall is meant to be quite good, meant to catch some of it but always forgot. Got good reviews.

Thanks for your contribution :)

Just proves to you the standard of TV in this country now that a couch potato like me can't find anything.

The Fall is meant to be quite good, meant to catch some of it but always forgot. Got good reviews.

Looks good, thanks!

Just proves to you the standard of TV in this country now that a couch potato like me can't find anything.

Loving your work :)

J.T.F.Robertson

I've said this before, but if you haven't seen it, "I Clavdivs" ;) was/is superb.

Jamboman1512

This is really good imo, heard it has been picked up for a 2nd series too, gripped me right from the start, pretty dark and disturbing but i like that kind of thing :devilish:, Good Cop was also pretty good, wish it ended better though.

Early Doors,might be a problem getting a hold of it though.

Seconded, a gem of a series. Worth repeated viewings for all the subtle looks and jokes. Sure I got it from Play.com for ?10.

Archived